F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ActiveHybrid 3
Studio RSR

02-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #45
AH32013
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acivehybrid 3 Mineral White

Activehybrid 3 rotors M Sport vs Sportline

I have sport line package on my 2013 Activehybrid 3. Would I get the rotors for m performance brakes? Not sure if sportline comes with m sport brakes or only m package comes with it. I Guess what my question is what are the difference from M sport to Sportline. And what rotors would I need if I have the sport-line on my car. Sorry kind of new to this.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 03:56 AM   #46
Ronstein
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 640i GT MSport

The whole alternative fuel/electric/petrol diesel argument is spun to the extent that its impossible to know the truth. Information about Electric and Hybrid vehicles is particularly carefully presented to omit 'inconvenient truths' around the impact of producing the electricity, and building and recycling the batteries as well as presenting utterly unrealistic figures for range and consumption. My personal, unscientific belief is that a Euro6 Diesel provides the best combination of low emissions and low carbon footprint at this moment in time. Interesting story in the papers to day about CO2!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43204734
- 2016 335D Touring M Sport X-drive
- 2014 335D GT X-Drive MSport
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #47
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstein View Post
The whole alternative fuel/electric/petrol diesel argument is spun to the extent that its impossible to know the truth. Information about Electric and Hybrid vehicles is particularly carefully presented to omit 'inconvenient truths' around the impact of producing the electricity, and building and recycling the batteries as well as presenting utterly unrealistic figures for range and consumption. My personal, unscientific belief is that a Euro6 Diesel provides the best combination of low emissions and low carbon footprint at this moment in time. Interesting story in the papers to day about CO2!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43204734
Agree there is no transparency in what it really 'costs' in CO2 and emissions to run hybrids and EVs.

One issue I find also confuses the CO2 figures, are the statistics based on official figures or reality?

SMMT likely quote official figures for models produced. Studies on actual consumptions and resulting CO2 levels per mile, have shown the gap is closer in reality, petrol vs. diesel, than official figures suggest over the European car fleet. Even there we have to be careful, as there could be 'weighted figures' that may not be applicable if there was a swing to petrol. For example, high mileage users running petrol instead of diesel, that will change the dynamics of CO2 produced per mile, compared to the typical low mileage use of petrol.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #48
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Have to admit while watching TG 25 ep.1 today = the V8’s were tremendous We’ve come so far in 50yrs to even tame that beast & yet the march for EV’s moves on (as Rory said).

But are we yet again letting Govts dictate policy thru reactionary events? How will NG provide the electricity for all these vehicles? We are decommissioning coal powered stations very soon (as per our EU masters) & the Nuclear ones are still under negotiation!
We are also pushing a technology (battery) that as yet we don’t know how to decommission at its life’s end! It’s all fire-fighting & no fire-prevention. Doubtful whether India or China will come to our aid & say ‘we’ll take those off yr hands & decommission for you...’ These batteries will be another tax headache in a few years...
Appreciate 0