F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > "80% of BMWs sold is on finance" - is that true?
ARMA SPEED

03-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #45
Manivxr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435d EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320dAsh View Post
I have a mortgage. I could downsize to a 3 bed and live mortgage free but where's the fun in that?
Too right. Better to live in a 5 bedroom house and have a mortgage. ( or not)
It all boils down to affordability.
It doesn't matter whether you buy cash like I do or take finance. Ultimately you look at affordability and take your individual circumstances into the equation. As i said each to their own. No right or wrong answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #46
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor- View Post
Doesn't this remind anyone of a sub-prime mortgage crisis..?
No not one bit.

Where are you most at risk.

A PCP or a bank loan for say £20k to cover the difference between trade in cost of current car and actual cost of new car?

What happens if you default on a PCP after half way point versus defaulting on bank loan at half way point?

It's quite amazing how some are so up their own arse on this thread and very holier than thou.

Obviously some are just trolling.

In the current low interest rates for savings, how long does it take to save £30k ?

With depreciation on a new 330d, that's what it's going to cost to buy a new one for cash after 4 years (ish).

Keep it for 6 years, even more depreciation so say £40k.

Buying a used one obviously is better for cash buyers, buying cash new just seems barking mad unless you run it in to the ground.
Appreciate 2