F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Why are there no aftermarket options for diesel exhaust mods?
proTUNING Freaks

11-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #23
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Anybody know how to get the euro 330d exhaust tips?
      12-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #24
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Garage List
I was just notified on Thursday that SuperSprint NA is now able to obtain exhaust systems for the F30/F31. I ordered mine already: one tip with a resonator came to $902+shipping. I haven't compared the pricing to other systems, but they have a good reputation and I wanted a system that was as quiet as possible and still be audible. SuperSprint can deliver that because they must manufacture (in Italy) according to EU regulations, which limits sound level increases in the cabin to 1 db, I believe. Their NA office can be reached at:

Toll Free: (800) 648-7278
Local: (903) 581-1855
24-Hour Fax: (903) 581-8206
http://www.supersprintna.com/

Email
Sales: sales@supersprintna.com
Customer Service: customerservice@supersprintna.com

Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM CST
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM CST
Saturday - Sunday: Closed

and the systems can be found here on the Italian website (in English). Don't pay attention to the prices listed there, they're not accurate for US delivery: http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/prodt-5-7163-1.aspx

These units are not yet listed on their NA website. They have very good customer service. You should be able to order these items from any SS distributor in the US now. The pricing should all be the same wherever you go, from what they told me.
      12-31-2014, 05:03 PM   #25
Edenhurst
Rep
Drives: F31 328d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehecht View Post
I was just notified on Thursday that SuperSprint NA is now able to obtain exhaust systems for the F30/F31. I ordered mine already: one tip with a resonator came to $902+shipping. I haven't compared the pricing to other systems, but they have a good reputation and I wanted a system that was as quiet as possible and still be audible. SuperSprint can deliver that because they must manufacture (in Italy) according to EU regulations, which limits sound level increases in the cabin to 1 db, I believe. Their NA office can be reached at:

Toll Free: (800) 648-7278
Local: (903) 581-1855
24-Hour Fax: (903) 581-8206
http://www.supersprintna.com/

Email
Sales: sales@supersprintna.com
Customer Service: customerservice@supersprintna.com

Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM CST
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM CST
Saturday - Sunday: Closed

and the systems can be found here on the Italian website (in English). Don't pay attention to the prices listed there, they're not accurate for US delivery: http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/prodt-5-7163-1.aspx

These units are not yet listed on their NA website. They have very good customer service. You should be able to order these items from any SS distributor in the US now. The pricing should all be the same wherever you go, from what they told me.

You received and installed yet? If so, please grace us with a video!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #26
KeyserSöze
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenhurst View Post
agreed...your thoughts, pics, and a video clip would be awesome! I am interested in the dual outlet, but have a hard time believing that the right side will fit with that DEF tank there.

Last edited by KeyserSöze; 12-31-2014 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: detail
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #27
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenhurst View Post
I've purchased it, but they're holding on to it for me until we complete our move to Santa Fe. They'll send it to me there and I'm guessing it will be on board by the end of the month. I don't know about the video, though. I don't know anyone there yet, and I'd need someone to shoot it with me.
      02-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #28
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340i - 335D

Modern BMW diesels have a DPF, then a SCR and then mufflers, after the turbo. DPF has a built in DOC catalyst. SCR is very dense as well. All of this stuff kills the exhaust noise (or exhaust note). Removing mufflers/replacing mufflers only will have minimum to no impact. For example, one of the members on e90post dissected his muffler, and found basically it to be straight piped with a mesh on the side. The muffler box was packed with some kind of dense foam to absorb any water, that may result from the reduction of NO in to NO2 and water. Some improvement can be made by deleting the SCR. Major improvement can be made only by deleting the DPF, and replacing it with a downpipe.

You guys should try browsing E90post Diesel forums. Lots of valuable info there. Guys have got almost every issue straitened out there.
Appreciate 1
KenE.2.00
      02-21-2015, 12:25 AM   #29
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've purchased it, but they're holding on to it for me until we complete our move to Santa Fe. They'll send it to me there and I'm guessing it will be on board by the end of the month. I don't know about the video, though. I don't know anyone there yet, and I'd need someone to shoot it with me.
Update: The factory in Italy ended up selling the unit I had paid for to someone else. I've got another coming over and I should have it in a couple of weeks and then will have it installed within a week after that.
      03-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #30
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

Any new update?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:58 PM   #31
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Yes any updates/pictures?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 01:18 AM   #32
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^^SuperSprint Italy ended up sending the wrong unit. I got a full refund. End of story. I have no idea if the unit is really even available for the 328d. Good service at the USA headquarters in Texas, but they got screwed around by the manufacturer.
      02-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #33
b1gandy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 330d M Sport + EBII + MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
Anybody know how to get the euro 330d exhaust tips?
My dealer has BMW part codes for them, both black and silver ones.
If your dealer cant find the parts let me know. I wanted 2 black/carbon look ones and the part is:
EXH TRIM B18.30.7.610.636

Hope this helps.

They are around £35 each.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #34
LGTAaron
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335d

Well this sucks. I was told the closest place to me that as the DPF delete is Canada. Also, I'd have to send my ECU to them to get rid of any codes that would follow.

The US needs some diesel support!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #35
rulonger
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d E90 & 2010 328i E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTAaron View Post
Well this sucks. I was told the closest place to me that as the DPF delete is Canada. Also, I'd have to send my ECU to them to get rid of any codes that would follow.

The US needs some diesel support!
Come over to the E90post and look up BPC or AARodriguez
      04-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #36
kuuzu
Rep
Drives: E82 125i MSport

Am I right in saying this? For a f30 16d, 18d, 20d, we need to get a rear diffuser/valance from an m sport model, with the slot for dual or quad exit, and then we can buy an aftermarket exhaust, e.g. remus?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #37
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

If it's a US spec car, the best you can run is a single dual tip, the DEF tank bars us from being able to run a dual exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 10:56 PM   #38
ponch
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
If it's a US spec car, the best you can run is a single dual tip, the DEF tank bars us from being able to run a dual exhaust
I'm wondering if i can fit a dual now that i have removed the DEF tank. I have installed downpipe already. Thanks to local tuner im able to do this and gain some response and good power. 328d is now alive....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #39
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
OK, that explains it. I've been reading a lot of posts on E90post.com from your UK colleagues and their efforts. Some of them seem to do OK without by-passing the DPF as far as I can tell. But I've seen an Eisenmann video for the 320d that sounds really good--but it's really expensive.
I've got the M Performance Activesound on my 420d, sounds really nice if you ask me. Exhaust tips can be of choice ~ I've got double one-sided black tips but you could also do M Performance Exhaust tips (double, slightly larger, engraved with M logo for example). Heads turn based on car sound & looks once they see the car

I'm definitely loving it while I still have the fuel advantage of the Diesel, sufficient performance for time being / usage of the car since it's used to drive to work mostly.

Exhaust on each side looks better still though I would agree on that because it's symmetrical but Belgian rules and regulations are ridiculous so not so easy to get the right stuff going in terms of aftermarket, we need papers of everything not to get in trouble with cops. I've been there, being pulled over constantly to check the parts of the car etc, not fun anymore after a while so I decided for my current car to go for BMW OEM (or BMW M Performance) parts for which I have all the paperwork so no arguments. So far not getting pulled over constantly either so seems to work out so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 01:08 AM   #40
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F26 X4 35d

Hi,

I went to Exhaust Technology in Adelaide and initially cut and removed the rear muffler with exhaust tips and as he'd expected, the exhaust was only marginally louder due to the front DPF and muffler, but we decided to proceed for aesthetic reasons and I believe all of the X4 forum members agree the X4 needs quad exhaust.

Where the muffler had been cut, he placed a Y junction and took single pipes to the dual tips.

He did make a template and carefully cutout the skirt and it looks great and uniform with the original on the left.

We decided to have the exhausts protruding the bumper a little so there was little chance of any soot forming.

Sound is a little louder but it feels to me the performance is up a bit, better at take offs and pickup. Mark said the diesel should breathe better, especially at higher speeds on the freeway.

I've taken some pictures, was a bit dull and in the late afternoon.

Cheerz
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 01:16 AM   #41
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F26 X4 35d

Hi,

I went to Exhaust Technology in Adelaide and initially cut and removed the rear muffler with exhaust tips and as he'd expected, the exhaust was only marginally louder due to the front DPF and muffler, but we decided to proceed for aesthetic reasons and I believe all of the X4 forum members agree the X4 needs quad exhaust.

Where the muffler had been cut, he placed a Y junction and took single pipes to the dual tips.

He did make a template and carefully cutout the skirt and it looks great and uniform with the original on the left.

We decided to have the exhausts protruding the bumper a little so there was little chance of any soot forming.

Sound is a little louder but it feels to me the performance is up a bit, better at take offs and pickup. Mark said the diesel should breathe better, especially at higher speeds on the freeway.

I've taken some pictures, was a bit dull and in the late afternoon.

Cheerz
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #42
esoooo
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320D

do u get a bad vibration on idle with the rear muffler and dpf delete?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #43
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

mine is custom made...not keen on quads on a diesel i just wanted big 3.5 inch roud duals.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 06:27 AM   #44
blongiye
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30

Hi,

Has anyone tried the Supersprint dual exhaust muffler? I couldn't find any videos online that demonstrate the product. Here's a link to the exhaust: https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bm...t-oo80.aspx#!/

I really want to know how the product sounds before buying.

I was trying to get the OEM BMW M Performance Active Sound exhaust system from Germany but they said that product isn't compatible with my USA 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sedan because the software only works for European models. Software isn't compatible. Isn't there a way to make it work?
Appreciate 0