F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Golf Tee Mod
proTUNING Freaks

12-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #45
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
So I've been driving around with the Actuator unplugged for the past week. It is definitely louder. There is a drone at highway speeds if you leave the RPM around 3k and above. However, on the highways, I usually try to cruise at 2.5k. So the drone isn't an issue for me. The sound is really pleasant. Try it out for a week.
so driving around town you can hear some more exhuast note at low rpms? how about in eco pro?
      12-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #46
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
so driving around town you can hear some more exhuast note at low rpms? how about in eco pro?
Yes. I drove in Eco Pro mode once this week. But I wasn't paying attention to the exhaust sound because I usually drive like a grandma in Eco Pro.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #47
yaclexx
Rep
Drives: 335i

I disconected the actuator , I did it when the flap was open in the morning with car cold, i went to check today and the flap is closed, I dont get it
Pls help
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #48
taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ƒ° View Post

ERROR FREE METHOD (easiest)
- Remove the Clip that connects the actuator and flap with some needle nose pliers.
- Secure the flap with a wire of some sort in the open position.
- This method will keep the actuator plugged in and working. But it will not be mechanically opening the flap. But the computer shouldn't know the difference.
I'm assuming its around the exhaust. are there any illustrations/pictures?
      08-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #49
bobiam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 2015 335xi

Has anyone been asphyxiated staring into the exhaust pipe? I guess that if they were they wouldn't be posting about it.

But seriously, it sounds like there is little sound gain with the second pipe permanently open. You would think that there would be a minuscule mpg improvement with the mod, so BMW (who would kill to improve their car's MPG) would not spend money installing a device that would do the opposite.

Am I missing something here?
      08-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #50
taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobiam View Post
Has anyone been asphyxiated staring into the exhaust pipe? I guess that if they were they wouldn't be posting about it.

But seriously, it sounds like there is little sound gain with the second pipe permanently open. You would think that there would be a minuscule mpg improvement with the mod, so BMW (who would kill to improve their car's MPG) would not spend money installing a device that would do the opposite.

Am I missing something here?
Its little sound gain if you're running stock exhaust. I've catless downpipe and difference with Golf T mod makes car so much louder at low RPMs. Without Golf T-mod, car is not heard with windows Up (with light throttle under 3k RPM). However, after Golf T, its loud inside the cabin (with windows up) even on the slightest throttle. and again, I've 35is, which is louder than 35i. I love it with catless downpipe but it gets annoying sometimes.

Re: MPG
Golf T has zero impact on mpg. You need better flowing exhaust at higher RPMs. At higher RPMs valve opens anyway.
They install the valve for refinement and better NVH. A normal consumer doesn't want a car to be loud unless pushed hard.