F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > New bus inbound
Extreme Powerhouse

05-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #1
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

New bus inbound

Confirmed this morning.

V90 D5 4x4 R Design Osmium Grey metallic and front parking sensors. 6x23 £299 a month including maintenance (bottled it in the end and added it on as Volvo servicing is annual and covers punctures as well).

Very happy with the price as its for the more powerful engine and front sensors.
It will look a bit under wheeled as has standard 18s and also no sun protection glass but its a lease at the end of the day and has sun blinds built in for the kids anyway.

Its no modified 340i in terms of performance but fixed price motoring for a couple of years and its a nice car with loads of kit. Gives bmw time to pull their fingers out launch the new 3er and finally the touring so when this lease finishes should be in a good position to look a new touring (hopefully in M340 guise) with some discounts around and more discounts on X3s!

Should be about 3 weeks for delivery.
Appreciate 2
Wills28616.00
Soul_Glo13282.50
      05-25-2018, 06:33 AM   #2
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Confirmed this morning.

V90 D5 4x4 R Design Osmium Grey metallic and front parking sensors. 6x23 £299 a month including maintenance (bottled it in the end and added it on as Volvo servicing is annual and covers punctures as well).

Very happy with the price as its for the more powerful engine and front sensors.
It will look a bit under wheeled as has standard 18s and also no sun protection glass but its a lease at the end of the day and has sun blinds built in for the kids anyway.

Its no modified 340i in terms of performance but fixed price motoring for a couple of years and its a nice car with loads of kit. Gives bmw time to pull their fingers out launch the new 3er and finally the touring so when this lease finishes should be in a good position to look a new touring (hopefully in M340 guise) with some discounts around and more discounts on X3s!

Not the prettiest
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Confirmed this morning.

Sounds nice and a great deal. I like the look of these.

A Volvo though - a proper pipe and slippers car
      05-25-2018, 06:39 AM   #4
ciscopete822
Major
Rep
Drives: RS6 , 840i and others :P

Quote:
Confirmed this morning.

Heard some rumors about Irish spec cars without front and paddles - just check to be sure. Nice ride
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 06:51 AM   #5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Not the prettiest
I think it looks quite smart...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/v...iew-pictures#0

Had anyone said to me 3 months ago I'd be driving a derv volvo estate shortly though I would have laughed at them mind!

I will undoubtedly miss the drive and performance of the 340 but cash saved every month will be funneled into a account to be used for something more interesting next.

I have of course specced the Volvo Dynamic outfit pack consisting of cap, slippers, Labrador and a pipe...
Appreciate 4
JLR19691877.00
      05-25-2018, 07:18 AM   #6
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:

Had anyone said to me 3 months ago I'd be driving a derv volvo estate shortly though I would have laughed at them mind!

I will undoubtedly miss the drive and performance of the 340 but cash saved every month will be funneled into a account to be used for something more interesting next.

I have of course specced the Volvo Dynamic outfit pack consisting of cap, slippers, Labrador and a pipe...
That does look very nice indeed and from the inside especially. Looks well built
      05-25-2018, 07:22 AM   #7
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Be keen to hear what you think. IMHO Volvo really have turned things around and look great these days.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #8
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Grey Volvo estate inbound.

Good Times!!
      05-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #9
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Grey Volvo estate inbound.

Good Times!!
Skandi coolness jealously....
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #10
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Not the prettiest

I think they look great. But I'm biased. We love our XC90.

Just a shame it's in such a dull colour!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Confirmed this morning.

I think that's the perfect lease really, lots of car for the money and take it as it is.

Cheap motoring in a full sized premium SUV.
      05-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #12
GBR1
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 45e on order

Loving mine, did 20k in it this year and it’s a great place to be. Road noise is a vast inprovment on the 3er. As said not really a touch on performance but that wasn’t for what my purchase was about..

Amazing std speck compared to BMW and they look pretty good as well.

I think you will be happy, I am consdering the XC40 for the wife now!

A Volvo convert is one thing I didn’t expect when I brought the car as a stop gap..

GBR1
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #13
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I think that's the perfect lease really, lots of car for the money and take it as it is.

Cheap motoring in a full sized premium SUV.
It's not an SUV, it's an estate, they are BIG though.....
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      05-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
Brigadier General
Rep

Well I have just popped into my local dealership and had a nose round a v90 r design for the first time.
For those thinking of taking the plunge on a deal without seeing one, like me, thoughts are..

It is big but the sloping rear hides the bulk well.
Glad I didn't order it in black.
Fake exhaust surrounds are HUGE and while looking good you can see the real pipe when Standing back, probably less noticeable on the move.
Inside is a very nice place to be! Coming from a 2016 3 series it is a big step up in quality and you sit low like in the 3er. The materials are so much nicer and seats fantastic. Yes it's a newer model and a class above but still.
Standard 18s do not look as bad as I thought they would and are passable in the arches. 
I don't understand if your job is sales why you would ignore potential customers. I pulled up in my wifes skoda fabia while a sales guy saw and he really couldnt have cared less when I walked in. I wonder if I had done the same in my top of the range 3 series if the response would have been different....

All in all I am really looking forward to getting the v90 now, it will be a big step down in performance but a big step up in cabin and toys.

I did look at the polestar kit and laughed out loud. 835 quid for 5bhp and 15 odd ft lb torque! 
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #15
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Quote:
Well I have just popped into my local dealership and had a nose round a v90 r design for the first time.
For those thinking of taking the plunge on a deal without seeing one, like me, thoughts are..

Fake exhaust surrounds are HUGE and while looking good you can see the real pipe when Standing back, probably less noticeable on the move.
Inside is a very nice place to be! Coming from a 2016 3 series it is a big step up in quality and you sit low like in the 3er. The materials are so much nicer and seats fantastic. Yes it's a newer model and a class above but still.
Standard 18s do not look as bad as I thought they would and are passable in the arches.*
I don't understand if your job is sales why you would ignore potential customers. I pulled up in my wifes skoda fabia while a sales guy saw and he really couldnt have cared less when I walked in. I wonder if I had done the same in my top of the range 3 series if the response would have been different....

All in all I am really looking forward to getting the v90 now, it will be a big step down in performance but a big step up in cabin and toys.

I did look at the polestar kit and laughed out loud. 835 quid for 5bhp and 15 odd ft lb torque!*
I fancy the XC40 and had the same response when I went to our local dealer. Was having a good look around the demo outside and sat inside it (As it was unlocked) Two sales people clocked us and didn't even bother to see to us.

That's where BMW are good, our local dealer is brilliant which makes me think twice about moving brands.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #16
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:

Standard 18s do not look as bad as I thought they would and are passable in the arches.*

I did look at the polestar kit and laughed out loud. 835 quid for 5bhp and 15 odd ft lb torque!*
Often available on offer at 600 quid, and optimises gearbox software too. Read the forums...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #17
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDrPorkChop View Post
I fancy the XC40 and had the same response when I went to our local dealer. Was having a good look around the demo outside and sat inside it (As it was unlocked) Two sales people clocked us and didn't even bother to see to us.

That's where BMW are good, our local dealer is brilliant which makes me think twice about moving brands.
Lucky you. My experience of BMW, Mercedes and Audi have been pretty poor - and the bigger the garage / chain, the worse the service...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #18
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

I've had mixed experience with a Volvo dealer too. Good in offering a test drive, bad in pushing very poor deals by email, and a dealership that feels very dated, cramped and cheap. All in all, very non-premium - although the cars are certainly well worthy of comparison with the German 3.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #19
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
I've had mixed experience with a Volvo dealer too. Good in offering a test drive, bad in pushing very poor deals by email, and a dealership that feels very dated, cramped and cheap. All in all, very non-premium - although the cars are certainly well worthy of comparison with the German 3.
Dealership was fine nice coffee etc but small. The handover area was open to the public next to desks though and I like others just assumed a car there was another demo car. Turns out it was awaiting collection and I for one would not have been happy if it was mine. I noticed slight scratches on it and certainly no feeling of a special handover of a 45k car.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #20
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDrPorkChop View Post
Quote:

glad it wasn't just me, and I did rock up in the 340, makes no difference. The service seems to be universally terrible. the xc40 looks like I very nice car indeed and I can see one on the drive in a year or 2.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #21
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Dealership was fine nice coffee etc but small. The handover area was open to the public next to desks though and I like others just assumed a car there was another demo car. Turns out it was awaiting collection and I for one would not have been happy if it was mine. I noticed slight scratches on it and certainly no feeling of a special handover of a 45k car.
Yeah, I think the dealers are probably behind the curve relative to the brilliant products they now have on their hands. The lack of six or eight cylinder engines is the only thing that I can see as a Volvo drawback and that has to be weighed against some fantastic strengths.

I think you've got an incredible car for the money (and a lovely one even ignoring the bargain price). Looking forward to lots of pics and write ups when you get it.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #22
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Enjoy your Chinese car!
Appreciate 0