F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Where to mount anti-deer warning whistle?
proTUNING Freaks

08-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #23
ft1330
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Best defense is a good offense, so a rifle.

If you really want to make an impact, use a 30-06, but a .223 works too.

Deer meat tastes good. So does rabbit and squirrel, but only following the first frost.
Makes sense, I guess I should have a turret going through the sunroof and some guy with a minigun, just like ISIS.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 05:59 AM   #24
TankerJoe
My other car is a... M1A2SEPv2 Abrams Tank
United_States
Rep
Drives: One Blue BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcdtcdtc View Post
I just moved to a deer ridden neighborhood. So... many... deer. I've almost already hit one. And single / lane twisty hilly roads. Yuck.

I'm looking to get one of those $5 deer whistles. Does anyone have one? Where would I best mount them on my F30 sedan?

Thanks.
You didn't think that you'd get many serious answers on this forum, did you?

BMW Car Club of America member #491133
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 07:04 AM   #25
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
I just moved to a deer ridden neighborhood. So... many... deer. I've almost already hit one. And single / lane twisty hilly roads. Yuck.

I'm looking to get one of those $5 deer whistles. Does anyone have one? Where would I best mount them on my F30 sedan?

Thanks.
On your forehead. It's a gimmick. It is not a piece of engineering genius. Pay more attention when driving at night
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #26
Lost Horizon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435 MPPK+1970 XKE OTS

Quote:

Thanks.
Here's a thought..

Work towards getting a less politically correct administration in charge of your town, then have them do a proper cull. It used to be that thinning the herd simply meant more protein for the people, but since the P.eople C.onversion to Kale and other veggies in Cali, not so much.
      08-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #27
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizon View Post
Here's a thought..

Work towards getting a less politically correct administration in charge of your town, then have them do a proper cull. It used to be that thinning the herd simply meant more protein for the people, but since the P.eople C.onversion to Kale and other veggies in Cali, not so much.
That's a pretty non-controversial, easy to approve action for a town to take. No one comes to those meetings to challenge why the town is shooting Bambi.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #28
Lost Horizon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435 MPPK+1970 XKE OTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
That's a pretty non-controversial, easy to approve action for a town to take. No one comes to those meetings to challenge why the town is shooting Bambi.
Yeah... but once they get past the 'we really must cull Peter Rabbit' concept, it seems to get easier. A slippery slope, to be sure, but necessary to get to stage 4 relief (Stage 3 is the Rocky Racoon). Just don't do it around Easter. Disclaimer:I speak from (my) local experience.
      08-09-2015, 04:40 AM   #29
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Attach spikes to front of car. Proceed to ram deers. Profit from sale of deer carcasses to repair any damage sustained. :P
      08-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #30
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizon View Post
Yeah... but once they get past the 'we really must cull Peter Rabbit' concept, it seems to get easier. A slippery slope, to be sure, but necessary to get to stage 4 relief (Stage 3 is the Rocky Racoon). Just don't do it around Easter. Disclaimer:I speak from (my) local experience.
Sometimes you just gotta take the law into your own hands as a community. Deer dangers are a public safety issue. What if a minivan full of a family is killed? They seem to be vermin in that area in Cali.

I know this would be illegal, but seems necessary... I say bait and scent a field, then have a shooting gallery to cull the population. You could do this as a bow hunt to calm the liberals, but if the government can't/won't address the issue, the community should.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 07:40 AM   #31
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
I put mine on the opening underneath the grilles. Just make sure the openings stay clean.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I was a state trooper for 25 and a half years. Ive hit two deer, at the same time. It was the only time I didn't have them on my car. :
      08-14-2015, 02:39 AM   #32
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
I put mine on the opening underneath the grilles. Just make sure the openings stay clean.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I was a state trooper for 25 and a half years. Ive hit two deer, at the same time. It was the only time I didn't have them on my car. :
Wait, you managed a double-kill? I hope you were in your cruiser and not your personal car!
      08-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #33
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post

Wait, you managed a double-kill? I hope you were in your cruiser and not your personal car!
Yup. I did it right. Yes, I was in the work mobile. Thank goodness!!
      08-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #34
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Sometimes you just gotta take the law into your own hands as a community. Deer dangers are a public safety issue. What if a minivan full of a family is killed? They seem to be vermin in that area in Cali.

I know this would be illegal, but seems necessary... I say bait and scent a field, then have a shooting gallery to cull the population. You could do this as a bow hunt to calm the liberals, but if the government can't/won't address the issue, the community should.
This has to be one of the strangest and more thoughtless posts I've seen in a while. No doubt that deer in urban areas are a nuisance. I live just outside Detroit near a wooded area with a creek running nearby. There are dozens of deer in the area and they often cross the 2 lane roads near my home. I've never come close to hitting one but it's a possibility.

Illegally hunting them down is moronic. There are proper channels to report these issues. It's not a liberal issue. I am one and I would bring this to my local city council if it were a serious issue. I am not against culling if needed and see deer as pests in this scenario but I am 100% against breaking the law. That's not the way we do things in the US.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #35
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott
Quote:

This has to be one of the strangest and more thoughtless posts I've seen in a while. No doubt that deer in urban areas are a nuisance. I live just outside Detroit near a wooded area with a creek running nearby. There are dozens of deer in the area and they often cross the 2 lane roads near my home. I've never come close to hitting one but it's a possibility.

Illegally hunting them down is moronic. There are proper channels to report these issues. It's not a liberal issue. I am one and I would bring this to my local city council if it were a serious issue. I am not against culling if needed and see deer as pests in this scenario but I am 100% against breaking the law. That's not the way we do things in the US.
Dude, you live in Detroit, you have no government services or city council to do anything. Who do you think you're fooling here?

Besides, deer are likely not your primary threat in Detroit.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #36
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Dude, you live in Detroit, you have no government services or city council to do anything. Who do you think you're fooling here?

Besides, deer are likely not your primary threat in Detroit.
I don't live in Detroit, I live near Detroit in a fine community with great public services.
Appreciate 0