F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Is it me or people seem to hate BMW drivers?
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

05-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #287
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

Yes the 3 series is very mediocre. That's why it has been on ten best lists for over two decades and has been benchmark sport sedan almost every manufacturer has been trying to emulate for just as long.
Very true.

I have never seen a bunch of rich people go so far out of their way to deny their success and announce their shame for all to see. It's distasteful. If they truly wanted to be pedestrian they'd give up the status symbol, buy a used Ford, and give their $399 a month to charity.

"I drive a car that costs more per year than most people can spend on groceries, but I'm not affected, I'm not different, just treat me like a normal guy." He says as he puts down his $500 briefcase and reaches for his $400 smartphone while he places his $5 cup of coffee into his $50,000 German luxury car and takes off for his $200,000 job.

The world weeps for you folks, it truly does.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #288
Jehuty95
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
I only care about other BMW owners and get upset when they act like those of us enjoying our wealth and our status symbols are somehow immoral when its they who have the insecurities and fake humility that are actually the problem.

I like my BMW because its a loaded and tech-heavy luxury car, the fact that it's a status-symbol is a bonus, and a bonus that we all knew about before we signed our purchase agreements.

You seem to think that a BMW is some pedestrian car, like a Ford or an Audi, and that anyone who thinks otherwise "is bad for the brand and makes me ashamed to be associated with them".

Take your elitist attitude and shove it. Ironic. You accuse me for being a wealthy elitist snob but its okay for you to be a poor elitist do-gooder? Makes no sense. At least I'm being honest, at least I bought the right car for the right reasons.

"I am so ashamed of BMW owners that I went and got an Audi." You know how stupid that sounds? You know how offensive that is to a common man making $48,000 a year that can't afford a tub of butter? If you don't want money, if it makes you so ashamed, stop whining about it to other rich people; give it away instead. I can think of a dozen charities that would truly appreciate you putting your big money where your big mouth is.
BMW's aren't luxury cars, thats why they have weak interiors, cept for the 7 series. Lol. If you want a luxury car go Mercedes, or Audi. BMW is mostly performance
2018 Audi S5 (Sold)
2023 BMW M4 Competition X Drive
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #289
Jehuty95
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

I must say I already prefer this forum over the Mercedes forums. Why? Whenever I get home and have had a bad day then I can come on this forum, look at Joe's posts and have a good laugh. I'm actually happy that I joined this forum now haha. So thank you Joe. I truly appreciate all the good laughs.
2018 Audi S5 (Sold)
2023 BMW M4 Competition X Drive
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #290
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Quote:
Very true.

I have never seen a bunch of rich people go so far out of their way to deny their success and announce their shame for all to see. It's distasteful. If they truly wanted to be pedestrian they'd give up the status symbol, buy a used Ford, and give their $399 a month to charity.

"I drive a car that costs more per year than most people can spend on groceries, but I'm not affected, I'm not different, just treat me like a normal guy." He says as he puts down his $500 briefcase and reaches for his $400 smartphone while he places his $5 cup of coffee into his $50,000 German luxury car and takes off for his $200,000 job.

The world weeps for you folks, it truly does.
You say you are an executive which tells me that you work for someone else, meaning, it's not your company and thus you spend your time making money for men who are far richer than you and in turn, you are well compensated for it. I'm ofcourse making assumptions here but you paint yourself out to be a corporate mid-level manager. Color us all impressed. You in turn drive a 4 cylinder sedan with some nice features and tech that will be totally dated in about 5 years when your current car is worth less than a new Camry. Just like the other guy said, you are settling for mediocrity. If you kept your big mouth shut, no one would mention it but in the scheme of people who can truly afford exotic cars, the 328i is not on their laundry list of cars. A loaded 328i is a really nice car if you are picketing for higher wages in front of the Carl's Jr. you work at, but come on now. If we continue to follow your logic, guys who are truly 'rich' don't drive a 328i.

I'm sorry to break this to you man, but you're not rich and you don't roll like a rich man. Now go whack it some more to your backup camera.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #291
Damn Dirty Ape
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50S

I come to BMW from driving Nissans, Ford and Infiniti. I've had mine 4 months now and have seen more rudeness and outright dislike towards me than ever before.

I'm driving about the same so it's not me -
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #292
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
I come to BMW from driving Nissans, Ford and Infiniti. I've had mine 4 months now and have seen more rudeness and outright dislike towards me than ever before.

I'm driving about the same so it's not me -
You can thank joewalton for that....
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #293
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Let's just leave this here..

Quote:
I'm a nice guy

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #294
simongym
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Sport/Luxury/M-Sport Line
Lighting Package
Driver Assistance Package
Metallic Paint
28i or 35i Engine

If your car doesn't have these, it's not the Ultimate Driving Machine. "Slap springs on a stripper"? That's not the attitude of a BMW owner. Head Up Display, Navigation, Voice Command, Heated Seats, Rear Camera, Park Distance Control, Leather Seats, Adjustable Power Seats.....that's the way BMW intended the car to be sold. These aren't options; they are necessities that BMW allowed you to strip off to save a few bucks and transform their brilliant luxury car into the Ultimate Poseur Machine.

Your car looks like mine, but it isn't mine. You want to show off to your friends, that's cool, "look at me I can afford a BMW", but we BMW owners know what's what.
Basically you define a BMW as only good enough if you buy it 'as BMW defines it', which to me just means whatever nets them the most profit. And seriously, they make some nice money on options/packages.

If you like the tech trinkets, small luxury items available, etc. that's fine, but that doesn't make your car a status TO everybody or FOR everybody.

I do not view my 328i as a status symbol. I could care less if the trunk opens for me, or the seats move for me, or there's some fancy computer options. I like how my 328i DRIVES. I spent very little extra money on my car, and yet I wouldn't enjoy driving your 328i any more than I would enjoy driving mine. And you feel differently; no problem, good for you. Just don't assume everyone else is inferior if they didn't choose to pay for superfluous options that change nothing about they driving dynamics.

Last edited by simongym; 05-15-2014 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: missing word
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #295
simongym
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Sport/Luxury/M-Sport Line
Lighting Package
Driver Assistance Package
Metallic Paint
28i or 35i Engine
Convenient. Some drivers would much rather have the 35i engine than many of the other options you mentioned as somehow necessary. If you are rich and so interested in the status symbol, why settle for merely the second biggest engine in the 3 lineup? Why settle for the low end car, when you could get a 750Li or a 650GC or M6GC or M5?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #296
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Don't feed the troll.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread