F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > No more patience with this car
proTUNING Freaks

03-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Jereemmy21
Rep
Drives: 328i Modern Line

No more patience with this car

I have a '12 f30 bought last June. It's always in the shop. I'm so over it. What can I do to get bmw to buy it back or lemon it? So far, it's had:
-new fan/blower motor for A/C
-"reprogrammed transmission"
-re-balanced tires due to steering wheel shake
-it's in the shop again, the car goes into neutral on its own, or limp mode
When coming to a stop (stop sign) it slips out of gear sometimes and when I hit the gas it revs up and doesn't go. Then slam it goes

What should I do? I love bmw, love the f30, but paying 50k for a car that's always in the shop doesn't seem cool. What should I do? I called bmw corporate the other day and they said to take it to the shop and if its not better after to call them. I want out of this car!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

California Lemon law states you must go into the dealership for the same problem three times without them being able to provide a permanent fix to the problem. The problem also, must be significant enough to affect it's value or drivability. The dealership must also identify that they reproduced the problem on the service order and attempted to fix it each time.

If you have all that, then you can contact BMWNA with a certified letter stating your situation and proof. They will most likely respond apologizing but not doing anything. In that case, you could contact a lemon law lawyer who will work for free on your part contingent on you having a case (They take about 50% if you win the case though). They will then go through the normal suing process and BMW will fold, because they don't want to get their lawyers involved which would be more expensive than just paying you off.

Or best case scenario, at some point through this whole process, they offer to buy back the car or replace it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK

Unfortunately, all the issues are different in your case. If the transmission issue resurfaces, you may be able to sue successfully using the lemon law. For non life threatening issues the same issue needs to be repaired 4 times. Or if the car has been out of service for more than 30 days.

If Bmw is not playing well, giving BBB a try before legal recourse may not be a bad idea too.

Edit: just noticed that your transmission is giving you trouble again. You would probably be able to lemon the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Dan's 335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I had a 2012 E90 with valve clatter. The dealer replaced my lifters, head and block. Neglecting to replace the original oil pump was the last straw.

BMW North America, repurchased my car. It qualified as there were more than 3 complaints on the same problem and my car was in the service department for over 42 straight days.

Have a conversation with your service advisor. If he can't accomodate you with the correct answer, speak with the service department manager. He will advise you(should you be qualified) to call BMW and open a file for purchase by-back.

It's a pain and unfortunately, there are problems with some of the product however, not all of the cars are problematic. Besides, I was driving an F30 335i loaner during the time my car was being repaired. That sold me and now I'm happily owning one!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jereemmy21 View Post
I have a '12 f30 bought last June. It's always in the shop. I'm so over it. What can I do to get bmw to buy it back or lemon it? So far, it's had:
-new fan/blower motor for A/C
-"reprogrammed transmission"
-re-balanced tires due to steering wheel shake
-it's in the shop again, the car goes into neutral on its own, or limp mode
When coming to a stop (stop sign) it slips out of gear sometimes and when I hit the gas it revs up and doesn't go. Then slam it goes

What should I do? I love bmw, love the f30, but paying 50k for a car that's always in the shop doesn't seem cool. What should I do? I called bmw corporate the other day and they said to take it to the shop and if its not better after to call them. I want out of this car!
Sorry to hear about your troubles my friend.

See this thread:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800148
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Get a lawyer. You have a lemon. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. No one should have to put up with this crap, from any new car, from any manufacturer.

Lemon cars are purely an eventuality, with the mass production of anything. Some of us will get lemons, just going by simple math and statistics. BMW quality control can not catch all of the faulty ones, no matter what they say or how hard they try.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORALLROT View Post
Get a lawyer. You have a lemon. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. No one should have to put up with this crap, from any new car, from any manufacturer.

Lemon cars are purely an eventuality, with the mass production of anything. Some of us will get lemons, just going by simple math and statistics. BMW quality control can not catch all of the faulty ones, no matter what they say or how hard they try.
True.

My only advice would be to write a very thorough letter to your dealership's Service Manager prior to spending the cash on an attorney. Be polite but firm in the letter and clearly state that the only acceptable solution is getting out of your current car and into a new one.

It worked for me. After my letter - BMW initiated a substitution of collateral. No questions asked.

Good luck.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
True.

My only advice would be to write a very thorough letter to your dealership's Service Manager prior to spending the cash on an attorney. Be polite but firm in the letter and clearly state that the only acceptable solution is getting out of your current car and into a new one.

It worked for me. After my letter - BMW initiated a substitution of collateral. No questions asked.

Good luck.

That is excellent advice. I am glad it worked for you, and hope it works for the OP. None of the parties involved should have any interest in dragging this out, or resisting the obvious and inevitable. Do the paper work, and get this man/gal a new car. I am hopeful BMW NA will handle this just fine, and do what is right.

Keep us posted OP. please come back and post your progress when possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
bnekic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

German cars are such piles when it comes to dependability/reliability!
Appreciate 0