F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Must have F30 options?
ARMA SPEED

03-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
NUFC3
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Must have F30 options?

I have spent countless hours on the BMW US site building 328 and 335's. I hope to order my new car this month, but wanted some feedback on options. How is the leatherette compared to the leather? I want to play music from my iPhone wirelessly so it looks like I need the Enhanced Bluetooth option? Dare I skip the lighting package? Sport package or M Sport? I love the Estoril Blue and the look of the M Sport, but it doesn't add any performance. All show and no go Sunroof? Heated seats are probably a must because I live in North East.

If I can stay away from the options I can swing a 335 instead of a 328.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
These

Definitely get the cold weather package. The heated seats and steering wheel are well worth it. I would also get the lighting package. I never drove a car with xenon headlamps until my F30. I'll get them again everytime I can. To me, something I could have done without is the package including the GPS. It's 2500 you could spend on something else. Every update is at least 300 dollars. I have two Garmins with the lifetime subscription for updates. Seems to do just fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

If you "love" EB2 and look of M-sport aero kit, then definitely get it. Nothing worse than spending this kind of money only to regret decisions like this later. Sounds like you are willing to save money in other areas anyway. Definitely get the Xenons and if you can swing for Dakota leather, it is a huge improvement on the leatherette and should take a bigger beating. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
kromix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i AW MSport

Garage List
2016 340i (F30)  [0.00]
Lighting Package. #1 must have imo, and its only $900
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

I had this same problem when I ordered my car. Just keep in mind that the 335i/XI comes with a lot more options than the 328i/xi. Once I built the 328 with all of the options (Moonroof, lighting package, car alarm,) by that time it almost equals the base price of the 335i/xi. The 335 comes standard with the moonroof, lighting package, and car alarm. I did add in the M-sport line and leather seats. But it is up to you on those options.

I got the Cold weather package, leather seats, M-Sport Line, and the $500.00 sport automatic option (a must because of the paddles and the boot for the shifter, was told that alone was worth $500.00 because of how much nicer it looks and feels.) I think the Tech package is a rip off and the Harmon Kardon was not necessary. You also do not need the blue tooth/ipod thing as that only is available with the tech/GPS package. The car comes standard with the ipod/AUX connections.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
BMWforLife
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i

I had a 328i with leather for 6 months. now i have a 335i with leatherette. I notice a small difference in feel, but the leatherette has not worn at all in the drivers seat yet whereas the leather did quickly, and no passenger has ever known it was not leather until i told them.

get a 335 regardless. it comes with more options standard anyways. (moonroof, xenon, alarm all included, theres $2350 already).

if you want to play music wirelessly you need the enhanced bluetooth. 650$. if your strapped for $ on options I would put this low on the list. and you don’t need navigation for this as posted above..
11 328i
06 330i
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
SwnSng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport - 6MT - GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36M61995
I have spent countless hours on the BMW US site building 328 and 335's. I hope to order my new car this month, but wanted some feedback on options. How is the leatherette compared to the leather? I want to play music from my iPhone wirelessly so it looks like I need the Enhanced Bluetooth option? Dare I skip the lighting package? Sport package or M Sport? I love the Estoril Blue and the look of the M Sport, but it doesn't add any performance. All show and no go Sunroof? Heated seats are probably a must because I live in North East.

If you love of eb2 and msport I would definitely get the package. Plus you do get the msport suspension. I agree with the other poster you get 2250 in options already and he to enjoy the color you live with the body kit you love as well as get the msport suspension. Might as well get 19"s as well because IMO they are so much better looking than the 18s.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
for 328...i'd say definitely make sure you get lighting pkg.
cold weather: inexpensive and very nice. If you are getting leather seats, this is a must.
Driver Assistance (and DAP plus) : nah. If you really want to have radar or backup cam, you can order them separately. (750 + 400 option)
Dynamic Handling: must.
Tech: Must (head up display ,the whole idrive stuff, ad so on)
premium pkg: meh. If you are definitely getting leather, you could consider this one. but if you have to choose between this one and any of the other musts, don't hesitate to skip this.
HK audio: I'd say yes if you love music.
paddle shifters: yes if you love driving, but it's not really a must.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive

The 335i has plenty of Go to go with the EBII and M-Sport Show
      03-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
thelord-akira
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

- Lightning Package
- m Aerodynamic Package
- rear Cam + Pdc
- NOT Standard audiosystem
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
billiebob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

My only options were msport, estoril blue and heated seats.

The leatherette is fine and everyone thinks it leather anyway. Lighting package would have been nice but I've never had xenons and don't miss them yet.

I would never get nav as that tech changes much faster than I want to replace my car!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #12
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post

The leatherette is fine and everyone thinks it leather anyway. Lighting package would have been nice but I've never had xenons and don't miss them yet.

I would never get nav as that tech changes much faster than I want to replace my car!
hm...I thought you have to order leather seats if you want the cold weather pkg...

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
danmeyers99
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36M61995 View Post

E - I to live in the North East. From my perspective, 328i xdrive (do you really want RWD in a snowy climate?), sport edition (seats are more comfortable, rims look sharp), DHP (if you want tight handling, if you are ok with normal then no need for it), cold weather package, lighting package, tech or Nav (could go either way, I went tech), add the premium package and you have a car optioned right that'll be a pleasure to drive for about $52k. Better to go high on the 328 versus fairly bare on the 335 - both are relatively close in terms of performance (0-60) just comes down to what you really want. All of the above is purely one view.... others may not want as many toys.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #14
NinBMW
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 640D MSports, 313BHP

Hi guys just to check and see if you can help me? I ordered my F30 316 sports and its in production later I got to know that my car is not with corona rings (angel eyes) I called the dealer and asked them to add which comes with Xenon package however dealer said production passed that stage and not be able to add anything into the car whereas car is still in factory (Germany). I really want those corona rings and now I only have to pay 700 euros to get them from factory whereas to get them after delivery will be around 3k. Is it real that they can not add anything in my car now? he said the car is on some 5055 stage where its not possible to add anything.

What should I do here I'm stuck I dont want the car without those rings and (xenon) which I have to get tif I want those rings as they only comes with the xenon package. What can I do here guys? Can I ask dealer to cancel the order and resend a new order to factory with xenon option? Is it possible?

Please suggest guys I still have around 4 weeks to get car as dealer told me. I feel so stupid that I didnt know those corona rings are not standard otherwise I would have ordered them.

Please any suggestion....
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #15
NiceNotRiceBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mineral Grey Sport 328i

Xenons Do Not Skip Out On These.you Will Regret It Every Time Another F30 Passes You And You See Those Beautiful Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

i opted for just heated front seats (which looking now i probably didnt even need to get) over the entire cold weather package. rarely do i have passengers in the back and who the hell cares if they're butts are warm? and heated steering wheel is overkill for me.. never had it before, so i won't miss it
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
NinBMW
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceNotRiceBMW View Post
Xenons Do Not Skip Out On These.you Will Regret It Every Time Another F30 Passes You And You See Those Beautiful Angel Eyes
I agree and thats why I want to have them now? but as dealer saying is it true that I cant get them on a particular stage of production or they are trying to avoid any extra work on their side? Any suggestions please.......
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
NinBMW
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Hi guys ok finally sorted out I sent few mails to my dealer explaining I do need the Xenon package and then the owner of the dealership called me and asked me to come over to discuss this. On my visit he explained me that it will be not possible and he tried his best but even now there is no option and car will be here in 2 to 3 weeks. I explained him that how important is this for me and as I m paying a big money I would expect to have the car the way I want and totally understood and gave me a huge favour, he said ok we here never want a customer to be unhappy with their cars and specially for them if you buying car from their dealership. He said ok what he will do is order a new car with Xenon and keep this car in their showroom. So now with his generous help I m reordering the car and getting Xenon package with it. Yes happy days

Just to check guys what is these charges for? and do they compulsory to have them? I thought 5 years service is free when you buy the car from BMW then why it says service charges? Could anyone please let me know ti have these options or tell dealer to take them out?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Must haves for me would be the M-Sport package, enhanced bluetooth, and M-Performance brakes front and rear. And, new wheels, but that is just a matter of taste.

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #20
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Sport/DHP, SATNAV and HUD
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
billiebob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post

hm...I thought you have to order leather seats if you want the cold weather pkg...
Yup heated front seats can be a 500 buck standalone option
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
colcad
Registered
Rep
Drives: '05 CTSV sedan

I'm in Germany and also ready to order (US spec) 328ix sportwagon, Msport, EB2, tech , DHP, paddles, alarm. I've driven several demo cars with different options on weekend road trips during my Bavarian blitz because I too am uncertain about the options. My take: Tech(the HUD is awesome and very useful both in the city and when driving fast on the autobahn). DHP-is really good if you want a tight car (especially the x-drive where you CANT get sport suspension) The heated wheel is nice but I'm not sure I want to spend an extra $2,400 to get it (leather plus CWP). The vinyl is really good-even for 6 hour trips. The paddles are fun (thats why I'm getting them), but you can' hope to shift this slick 8 speed as well as the auto does it in sport mode. Lights-Frankly I think people are ordering the lights for the looks, not the function (?). I currently have Xenons on my CTSV and have driven 3s with and without-no big deal IMO.
Appreciate 0