F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > MPPSK can't be programmed on my 440i?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-12-2022, 08:42 AM   #23
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

This tends to happen so they have corporate in Germany assist them. Had the same issue with my car so they kept it overnight. Techs may not be familiar with the procedure.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 07:04 AM   #24
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

Although this is an old thread, figured I would add to the pot, for future MPPSK peeps:

Had mine done last week. It also failed on the flash for the Head Unit. They had given me a loaner to go home, because they would need to keep my car a day or two. But, just as I was driving off the lot, my phone rang. The service tech told me BMW had remoted into my car and got her up and running again. Mission Accomplished.

Talking to the dealer, it was seen as not 100% but a pretty common occurrence. The occurrence becomes much much higher if you have done any bimmercoding type of mods.

I had added Apple CarPlay from a third party. I am assuming this is why my flash failed. The tech said - if it's not exactly what came out of the factory - it will fail. And the dealers don't have the tools to get it back up after that. Only BMW can remote from Germany to put it all back and refresh it.

Go into this, expecting it too fail. Expect them to need your car overnight or even a few days (the less experienced they are, the more problems they will have. Not all dealerships have done a lot of MPPSK installs).

My research told me that this was a big possibility. I traveled 3 hours to the dealer, and so part of my original plan was to be ready and prepared to use Priceline at the last minute to get a local hotel room. I knew that and planned it into my visit. Luckily, for me, it all got resolved in one day.

Finally - MPPSK is a FKN BLAST to drive. I can't stop
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2022, 07:30 AM   #25
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

As a person who writes embedded code this really baffles me. Any software update from the dealer is pre-warned with the "we could have issues, this may take hours". Same deal on my last car when I bought the Dinan S2 tune for it, and the message the Indy told me when I got the Dinan shockware installed on this car. These people have the legit tools to program it, and in the case of MPPSK, it's freakigng BMW update!

I bought both BM3 and xHP. Both could be purchased and installed, while drinking a beer, with zero issues. Latest BM2 versions are customROM's that add/replace a bunch of code (so not just a tweaking a couple map values), and that is only 10 minutes with zero issues, and no prior knowledge of DME updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 12:37 AM   #26
__Duke440__
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

I got the MPPSK installed from the factory and definitely didn't hear about all of these software issues thankfully. The bummer for my situation was the MPPSK exhaust that was shipped came damaged with a dent so they had to order a new one! Other than that all went smoothly and got my car back next day which would have been same day appointment pick up. Trust me when I say this whatever wait you have will be well worth the smiles per gallons you will be getting once installed and done with the process. Good Luck!