F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > $1000 BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance
ARMA SPEED

04-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
JustinTJ
I saw the light!
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY13 F30, MY02 E36/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
JustinTJ,
Did you get the $1,000 certificate after the drive event or do they sent it to you thru Email?

Thanks
If it's the same as last year, it shows up a few days after via email. They ask you to confirm your email address on site to make sure you get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
Right now USAA members get $1500 cash back until Sept. 30th.

Add that to this $1000, and then $500 from BMWCCA and it starts to add up to a lot of cash back. Find a dealer willing to order one for $500-$1000 over invoice and you have a really sweet deal. Or should I say, I should have a really sweet deal
have u used ur USAA incentive yet? theyre offering 3k off 2012 coupes. i want to order one but not sure how it works. let me know when you do. thanks
      04-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #47
Legitimate
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: DEATH TO NlGGERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Upon further research, it appears that if you ordered the vehicle before registering for this event, you won't be able to get the discount. I'm gonna try though. Has anyone used this discount?

Oh, and ED is not eligible. Sorry.
I did it last year after I ordered, and all I had to do was forward to email to the finance guy. Just threaten to cancel your order if they won't let you have it, or suggest things they could do like pretend you didn't pick it up, they stocked it on the lot, and you walked in with a coupon code.

Basically, just try as hard and as persuasive as you can. The worst that can happen is you end up paying your agreed-on price.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #48
Blake P
Kinda Like A Big Deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 on order

I participated in this event today at my local dealer and was pretty disappointed. First, the selection of 328i's was pretty weak, with no sport models at all. I decided to drive the base model, figuring if that could impress me then I'd really love one with paddle shifters and sport suspension. The route they mapped for us was terrible. It was a 4 mile square on some of the busiest stoplight-lined streets in town, so I got to experience first hand just how annoying the stop/start feature really is. It was over 90 degrees, so the car would randomly start back up to keep the AC blowing hard enough to keep the car cool. When the engine was stopped, temps would climb quickly because it only allows the AC to blow at a low speed. After a few blocks, I switched start/stop off entirely. I never really had a chance to get the car up to speed, but it seemed to have plenty of power. Even in sport mode, the 8 speed transmission shifts way too early and often for my driving style. I would have loved to try one with paddle shifters. Oh well, plenty of time to schedule a real test drive before the M Sport F31's arrive next year. I could see this program being valuable for someone who isn't at all familiar with the brand to learn about the new 3 and drive it briefly, but not an enthusiast who really wants to push the car a bit. A small road course or auto-x would have been nice, but I understand that's not the nature of this event. Also, it's pretty lame that the coupon expires so soon. I obviously won't be able to use it toward the F31 I want, though nobody at the dealership had heard about a new 3 series touring, except the sales manager who swore it would be arriving with the other 2013's this summer/fall. Ha!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #49
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake P View Post
I participated in this event today at my local dealer and was pretty disappointed. First, the selection of 328i's was pretty weak, with no sport models at all. I decided to drive the base model, figuring if that could impress me then I'd really love one with paddle shifters and sport suspension. The route they mapped for us was terrible. It was a 4 mile square on some of the busiest stoplight-lined streets in town, so I got to experience first hand just how annoying the stop/start feature really is. It was over 90 degrees, so the car would randomly start back up to keep the AC blowing hard enough to keep the car cool. When the engine was stopped, temps would climb quickly because it only allows the AC to blow at a low speed. After a few blocks, I switched start/stop off entirely. I never really had a chance to get the car up to speed, but it seemed to have plenty of power. Even in sport mode, the 8 speed transmission shifts way too early and often for my driving style. I would have loved to try one with paddle shifters. Oh well, plenty of time to schedule a real test drive before the M Sport F31's arrive next year. I could see this program being valuable for someone who isn't at all familiar with the brand to learn about the new 3 and drive it briefly, but not an enthusiast who really wants to push the car a bit. A small road course or auto-x would have been nice, but I understand that's not the nature of this event. Also, it's pretty lame that the coupon expires so soon. I obviously won't be able to use it toward the F31 I want, though nobody at the dealership had heard about a new 3 series touring, except the sales manager who swore it would be arriving with the other 2013's this summer/fall. Ha!
So you didn't move the stick to the left and try the shifting in manual mode? This changes the experience a lot. You shift when you want. Also, the manual mode automatically disables the Auto Stop/Start. That's the way I drive my F30... start up the car, put it in D, move over to left. Since I've gotten it, I think I've only driven it in full auto twice, when I was in ECO PRO.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #50
Merlin93
The New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 3.0si Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
My confirmation email didn't come until a day or two later.
Hmmm... this event is happening at the BMW dealership closest to me the first weekend in June, so I signed up for the 2nd (using the no code option) early last week. However I didn't receive any kind of confirmation email at the time, nor since then. (Checked spam filter too just in case.)

I suppose it could be quite delayed, but I'm concerned that if I don't get the confirmation, that I might not get a voucher (and my appointment may not have been saved) since it seems like that is all handled via email based on the comments in the thread. I wonder if there is a means for me to verify that its set up properly by calling the dealership or something?

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #51
Blake P
Kinda Like A Big Deal
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you didn't move the stick to the left and try the shifting in manual mode? This changes the experience a lot. You shift when you want. Also, the manual mode automatically disables the Auto Stop/Start. That's the way I drive my F30... start up the car, put it in D, move over to left. Since I've gotten it, I think I've only driven it in full auto twice, when I was in ECO PRO.
Didn't even realize this was possible on the base model. I specifically asked the guy too.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #52
Estimated Prophet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i / Stage 2

Same lousy 4 mile type route in Phoenix last week. Same route the dealership uses for their test drives. Luckily, the dealership I will buy from has a very nice test drive route that lets you get some pretty good seat time. At least at my event they had a 335i sport to drive. I wanted to try a 328i sport but all they had was luxury.

Oh well, I can't complain too much about free food and drink, a hat and the real reason I went, the $1000 voucher code which was emailed to me a couple of days after the event.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #53
shabadoo25
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport Line F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin93
Quote:
Hmmm... this event is happening at the BMW dealership closest to me the first weekend in June, so I signed up for the 2nd (using the no code option) early last week. However I didn't receive any kind of confirmation email at the time, nor since then. (Checked spam filter too just in case.)

I suppose it could be quite delayed, but I'm concerned that if I don't get the confirmation, that I might not get a voucher (and my appointment may not have been saved) since it seems like that is all handled via email based on the comments in the thread. I wonder if there is a means for me to verify that its set up properly by calling the dealership or something?

Even if you pre-register, you still fill everything out again at the dealer.

Once you check out, you will be in the dealer system to get the discount. Actually having the code is unnecessary.
2012 328i Sedan Alpine White Dakota Grey/Brushed Aluminum/Black High Gloss Premium Premium Sound Technology STEPTRONIC Heated Fronts BMW Apps BMW Assist w/Enhanced Bluetooth and USB Park Distance Control Rear View Camera Xenons
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #54
soopra
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin93
Quote:

Are you doing the event at Peter Pan? I'm scheduled to do the event on the 2nd in San Mateo. Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish I signed up for somewhere else because I imagine the "course" will be some kind of loop on El Camino which wil be no fun at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #55
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated Prophet View Post
Same lousy 4 mile type route in Phoenix last week. Same route the dealership uses for their test drives. Luckily, the dealership I will buy from has a very nice test drive route that lets you get some pretty good seat time. At least at my event they had a 335i sport to drive. I wanted to try a 328i sport but all they had was luxury.

Oh well, I can't complain too much about free food and drink, a hat and the real reason I went, the $1000 voucher code which was emailed to me a couple of days after the event.
Where did you go? I went to Chapman and the route was 9.5 miles.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #56
Estimated Prophet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i / Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Where did you go? I went to Chapman and the route was 9.5 miles.
My assigned location was Chapman in Chandler. The route was out to Ray -> N on I-10 to Elliot (2 miles in rush hour) -> Elliot to Priest (1/2 mile of stoplights) -> Priest south back to the dealership. They had the route printed out on a sheet on the passenger seat and checked the mileage before I took off and after I returned. Pretty awful test drive route though IMHO. I did cheat just a little and took the loop through the Tempe Autoplex on both of my test drives.

The SA who I am working with at Chapman on Camelback invited me to the event there the next day but I didn't go. He has been excellent about taking out 5 series on extended test drives so if I wanted to I could hit him up at any time.

In reality, I only really went to get the $1000 voucher. When I signed up for the event a couple of months ago I was looking at a 335i but have since decided that a 535i is a better fit so the short test drives didn't really bother me. If I was still looking at a 3 series and hadn't had a chance to test drive one much I would have been a little more disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #57
ƒ°
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake P
Quote:
Didn't even realize this was possible on the base model. I specifically asked the guy too.
You should go test drive it again. Hop in a Sport Line. Put it in manual and lay your foot down.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #58
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Since I've gotten it, I think I've only driven it in full auto twice, when I was in ECO PRO.
Why didn't you just get a manual? 3 pedals > 2.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #59
ƒ°
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Why didn't you just get a manual? 3 pedals > 2.
90% of the time I agree with you. I just wanted a comfy car that can rip if it needs to. And I was impressed with the sport auto (still am). Both my wife and I have always driven manual. We've done our time so I don't feel any less like a macho man. Our other car is still manual.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #60
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got it. Makes sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #61
Merlin93
The New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 3.0si Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopra View Post
Are you doing the event at Peter Pan? I'm scheduled to do the event on the 2nd in San Mateo. Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish I signed up for somewhere else because I imagine the "course" will be some kind of loop on El Camino which wil be no fun at all.
Yeah I'm signed up at Peter Pan... alternate option would be SF but its not much fun to drive in the city either.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #62
TrueBlue12
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Imperial 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin93 View Post

You shoulda got an email a few days later, you can call the number on it if you want to check:

If you have a change of plans, please be sure to reschedule or cancel by calling, toll-free, 1-800-956-4BMW (4269), Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-8:00 pm, EST.

Anyway, i'll be at the june 2nd event too, maybe they'll let us on 280.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #63
HPBIMMER
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Sounds like a great deal! Will be checking my inbox for this.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #64
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake P View Post
Your experience matches mine 100%! It's like you wrote this just for me! Incredible. You even want the same car (F31). But see, you did what I did (stay on the prescribed, shitty course). I noticed that many drivers were gone WAY longer than I was which meant they went off course. Oh well, they told me if I went off course their insurance would not cover any mishaps and I wasn't going to take a chance. I know that I'm buying the car so it doesn't matter. I test drove a MB C250 and Audi A4 S Line at the event and they were both nice but the BMW 328i Luxury and Modern were both way nicer to me and when I get my hands on an M Sport wagon I'm done!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #65
Blake P
Kinda Like A Big Deal
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Your experience matches mine 100%! It's like you wrote this just for me! Incredible. You even want the same car (F31). But see, you did what I did (stay on the prescribed, shitty course). I noticed that many drivers were gone WAY longer than I was which meant they went off course. Oh well, they told me if I went off course their insurance would not cover any mishaps and I wasn't going to take a chance. I know that I'm buying the car so it doesn't matter. I test drove a MB C250 and Audi A4 S Line at the event and they were both nice but the BMW 328i Luxury and Modern were both way nicer to me and when I get my hands on an M Sport wagon I'm done!
Glad to know I wasn't just being a whiny baby with my feelings about the event.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #66
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin93 View Post
Yeah I'm signed up at Peter Pan... alternate option would be SF but its not much fun to drive in the city either.
Im signed up @ Mountain View.
Appreciate 0