F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > New BMW Au Software Campaign
proTUNING Freaks

12-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #23
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
I found one change to the initial settings on my car after the recent software update. The reverse camera doesn't switch on automatically when engaging Reverse. Stillwell BMW are king to change it today.
What?!?!? Are you pressing the camera button manually David?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMarkOz View Post
It is about $1500AUD I recall. For that money (and even $875) I can do a speaker/amp upgrade to my sportline that will kick the HK out of the park IMHO. The difference between the SportLine sound and the HK sound was different (better), but for the extra money vs the sound quality increase I cold not hear the value. Just a personal opinion.

BTW, I asked both one of the mechanics and the Service agent, but neither had any details on the SW update, only that it was recent (less than 8 wks old) and was minor so would only be applied to cars in for service, no need to apply as a recall.
If your driving a 328 despite any line it comes with HiFi System Standard.. for 335 HK is standard regardless of it being Sports/Luxury Line.

Thanks for updating us that the service was minor. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #25
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
I found one change to the initial settings on my car after the recent software update. The reverse camera doesn't switch on automatically when engaging Reverse. Stillwell BMW are king to change it today.
Well that's idiotic. If it doesn't switch on automatic then what's the point? Is this a coding thing or another bug?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #26
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
What?!?!? Are you pressing the camera button manually David?
Ever since the software update last week, yes. Most annoying but I'm getting used to it. You do, when you have to.

I took it to Stillwell earlier today and they thought they fixed it within 2 minutes, but just did what I did and pressed the camera on button (top icon). It only works for that reverse engagement only. I have to press it on each time I engage reverse.

So as I want Andrew from SouthernBM to change setup values (otherwise commonly known on F30Post as 'coding') on a number of operational items once his system is up & running, I will ask him to change the camera to default on. Otherwise it's leave it at Stillwell's for a few hours and I'm not going to do that again, if I don't have to.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Well that's idiotic. If it doesn't switch on automatic then what's the point? Is this a coding thing or another bug?
Tell me about it. The updates should be 'cleverer' than that, especially when there's a camera installed. It should have defaulted to on. Yep, it's a 'coding' thing as it automatically came on each time I engaged reverse prior to the update last week.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #28
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Tell me about it. The updates should be 'cleverer' than that, especially when there's a camera installed. It should have defaulted to on. Yep, it's a 'coding' thing as it automatically came on each time I engaged reverse prior to the update last week.
Did the software update mess with your front/rear PDC?

BMW needs to hire Apple to program their cars. Everything except mapping. Google for mapping!

BTW, Merry Christmas to those celebrating in a few short hours.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #29
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Did the software update mess with your front/rear PDC?
Nope. All good there. Just the rear camera at this stage.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
The FEM update is to address an issue with incorrect voltage going to a system (can't remember which) when the wipers are also in operation.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #31
MarkyMarkOz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
The FEM update is to address an issue with incorrect voltage going to a system (can't remember which) when the wipers are also in operation.
That was the key issue according to the agent, altho she was a vague on the rest.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #32
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

The update also reset the Journey computer and erased saved radio station settings.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #33
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
The update also reset the Journey computer and erased saved radio station settings.
I can accept this as a trade for something not sparking out when I use my wipers.

I don't have the problem you have with your rear camera not defaulting to on either post-update FYI.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #34
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
I don't have the problem you have with your rear camera not defaulting to on either post-update FYI.
According to Stillwell BMW's service tech, they haven't had this happen to any other F30 after update. I'm used to pressing the iDrive knob to activate the camera
Appreciate 0