F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW Live Stopped Working
Studio RSR

12-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #67
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbits93 View Post
I'll see how things work out for me tonight, given that mine was equipped with BMW Assist (telematics).
Yeah, let me know if anything is different.

By the way, I tried both options on my new HU_NBT and if I enable BMW live, I'll see BMW Live there under ConnectedDrive but it's completely greyed out and I can't select it. If I go for the first option of just enabling the online browser, I don't get any options at all for internet.

All I see is the following:

BMW Roadside Assistance
Your Service Centre
BMW Apps

I think this is because my HU_NBT is on iDrive 4.2 as of July 1 2013, all Fxx 2014+ models have Teleservices as a standard so if I was to have BMW Live or BMW Online, it would go through the onboard SIM card which is not wired on my 2012 F30.

I can probably try VO coding HU_NBT to the 11/12 production date and see if it allows me to use those older options but I think I can live without BMW Online for now since I already have BMW Apps.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #68
Tim@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Coded it just now,

BMW Live and Internet now show as options in the list. However it tells me "Service unavailable, please try again later". Doesn't give me a choice to do Bluetooth tethering though.

Note, have Bluetooth enabled, might just re-pair it since I don't receive SMS to iDrive with the HTC One.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #69
Tim@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokkes View Post
Just activated BMW Live (Option #2) and this is the message I get when I select BMW Live from connected drive :

Any ideas?
Update,

Got the same message as him.

And i'll be looking into the coding, but please assist if you can.

Seems that with BMW Assist, the Bluetooth tethering option doesn't seem to become available in the menus anywhere.

Any guidance?

EDIT:

After looking through some posts, though I don't know how much I trust it but below would be some additional things I'd change in addition to HU CIC

CMB_MEDIA

3006 > SIM_ENABLED_MB > enabled_all
(given that psim is Prefit for Assist and csim is customer sim, I'd recommend enable both so that you don't lose Assist with Live) - Assumption
3006 > DATACOMM_SIM > aktiv (given that this is for data services via Bluetooth - should grant the additional option to do tethering via bluetooth) - Assumption

Last edited by Tim@codemybimmer; 12-13-2013 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Added some thoughts
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #70
Tim@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Just an update.

I've changed the following and now get Data Transfer via BT option.

3000 > MAINBOARD_ALONE > mainboard alone (Default is ecallboard_present).

However couldn't get the tethering to work properly, even though my phone supports it.

Changed also the following, but I'm pretty sure either one of these disabled my Assist

3006 > SIM_ENABLED_MB > csim (from enable_all, which Assist button worked and the BMW connected worked. Now I'm guessing have to change this back to enable_all)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 02:56 AM   #71
kanpatu38
Rep
Drives: F11 520i

BMW Live registration can not be done from PC.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 03:18 AM   #72
howe9191
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2013 F30 328i

Garage List
2012 M6 F13  [10.00]
2013 bmw f30  [10.00]
I can access BMW Live few years ago as my car has got the options, now it is completely gone. Is bmw closing this BMW Live services already?

I remember I did the update using mobile Bluetooth for the idrive before it is gone.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 10:46 PM   #73
phat_joe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by howe9191 View Post
I can access BMW Live few years ago as my car has got the options, now it is completely gone. Is bmw closing this BMW Live services already?

I remember I did the update using mobile Bluetooth for the idrive before it is gone.
I remember reading something (maybe in this forum) back in early 2022 about BMW discontinuing their support of the 3G modem in the older cars. Maybe this is related to what you're experiencing?

I used to have a BMW app on my phone that would allow me to push navigation directions to the car, which was a nice feature while it lasted. I wasted a lot of time researching a workaround but at the end it wasn't worth the hassle.