F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 M Sport discounts
ARMA SPEED

10-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #67
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
So you got 12.5% off the total ?, good to know as I've spec'd mine and it comes to 44k so 12.5 will be nice !

Waiting to order, Jan - March time when pennies are flowing, anyone know if you buy a car before the Financial Year End then they get the credit for the sale that year or when its delivered?
Yup, it also includes 3yrs GAP and 5yrs servicing...good luck with your purchase!

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #68
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
So you got 12.5% off the total ?, good to know as I've spec'd mine and it comes to 44k so 12.5 will be nice !

Waiting to order, Jan - March time when pennies are flowing, anyone know if you buy a car before the Financial Year End then they get the credit for the sale that year or when its delivered?
I always thought it was when it was delivered. Ordering a new car at month end doesn't normally have any benefit, it's all to do with when it is registered.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #69
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Hi all,

I've just put down a deposit on an F31 320d M Sport. I managed to get 13.35% off the car itself, however the options were full price. This price was for a straight cash purchase with a p/x and they gave me a bit more for my p/x that most other dealers. With that level of discount I've effectively just paid list price and everything else was free!

Initially I was going for the 50/50 finance deal but they wanted to take deduct 4% away, but I worked out I'd never of make up the difference in savings. Anyway I think it's cracking deal for a car that only just been released.

Car Spec on order:

F31 320d M Sport
Mineral Gray
Black Dakota Leather
Adaptive M Suspension
Visibility pack
Comfort pack
HK stereo upgrade
Enhanced BT
Sun protection glass
Elec folding door mirrors
Servotronic steering
Full black panel display
Brushed aluminium with polish black trim
5 Yr service inclusive

Build Week 43. Expecting delivery mid Nov.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #70
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
Hi all,

I've just put down a deposit on an F31 320d M Sport. I managed to get 13.35% off the car itself, however the options were full price. This price was for a straight cash purchase with a p/x and they gave me a bit more for my p/x that most other dealers. With that level of discount I've effectively just paid list price and everything else was free!

Initially I was going for the 50/50 finance deal but they wanted to take deduct 4% away, but I worked out I'd never of make up the difference in savings. Anyway I think it's cracking deal for a car that only just been released.

Car Spec on order:

F31 320d M Sport
Mineral Gray
Black Dakota Leather
Adaptive M Suspension
Visibility pack
Comfort pack
HK stereo upgrade
Enhanced BT
Sun protection glass
Elec folding door mirrors
Servotronic steering
Full black panel display
Brushed aluminium with polish black trim
5 Yr service inclusive

Build Week 43. Expecting delivery mid Nov.
I thought week 43 was first week november! if so you will not get a two week turn around.
      10-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #71
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Dealer said he has car orders queued with status 1200 for week 43 and 44. Week 43 is starting 20th Oct (according to the screen dump he sent me). So mid/late Nov I'm ok to wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #72
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

How did you get a build slot so quickly? Is there less demand for the 320d now?

Also just wondered why you decided not to go for Nav? With all those other options it still won't be that desirable at resale time won't it?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #73
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

He's taking pre-reg spec cars from other dealerships within his group. Just so happens there was a F31 320d M Sport for week 43 and 44, so he's just updated the spec with my requirements.

I didn't go the for the satnav as we use a TomTom 1000 and we don't do massive miles so it's not something we use everyday, I admit the larger screen looks fantastic. We also stayed with manual....just personal preference.

As for resale value, its not something we worry too much about, we just brought the spec we were happy with and we accept that a car is just a massive cash drain.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #74
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
Yup, it also includes 3yrs GAP and 5yrs servicing...good luck with your purchase!
Edit: oops JRINNS .. what I meant to say was I got 12.5% off the total when I first did the deal, I added about £1500.00 of extra options after the deal was done which they would not allow a discount on, as someone said in an earlier post you would be lucky to get a discount on changes once the deal was done. But I suppose it does also depend on the dealer.. Also when I went in they were having some sort of weekend/end of month sale, where they claimed they had to shift a lot of new/pre reg vehicles initially ordered for the Olympics... What I gather is they have between 10% to max 15% allowance on the deal.. Hope that helps.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #75
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I thought week 43 was first week november! if so you will not get a two week turn around.
Nope, I'm W43 and it's in my diary for week beginning next Monday (Dealer delivery 12th Nov)
      10-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #76
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Nope, I'm W43 and it's in my diary for week beginning next Monday (Dealer delivery 12th Nov)
Mine coming same rough time.
      10-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #77
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

I think 10% is a good discount to aim for the 330D M Sport at the moment. Anything more than that is gravy.

F30Fan thats a really good discount and on top of that the GAP and 5 year servicing, but if I remember correctly you bought 2?

That's a lot of financial clout to throw at any dealer when buying.

It's a new engine and a new trim level.

I think you'll only be able to get a bigger discount when it's been around a bit longer.

They could probably get away with discounting less and most of us would still probably buy. Suckers
      10-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #78
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyvy View Post
I think 10% is a good discount to aim for the 330D M Sport at the moment. Anything more than that is gravy.

F30Fan thats a really good discount and on top of that the GAP and 5 year servicing, but if I remember correctly you bought 2?

That's a lot of financial clout to throw at any dealer when buying.

It's a new engine and a new trim level.

I think you'll only be able to get a bigger discount when it's been around a bit longer.

They could probably get away with discounting less and most of us would still probably buy. Suckers
Yeah I guess so, I am sucker for a nice pair of legs or a nice pair of 19's !! Am only buying the one but I did have a slight advantage as the dealer was forewarned I already had a discounted quote of 8% before I walked into the show room, I have read on the forum that people have also obtained a discount of 13.5%...

Appreciate 0