F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Lease Return Inspection
GetBMWParts

05-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
windnsea00
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Lease Return Inspection

If one dealer inspects the car and adds a few negative remarks, is that already in the system for everyone? Or can I try another dealer that may be a bit more lenient?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
Blocke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

As soon as they submit the form, it’s recorded. I just did a lease return in Jan, the guy did it all from an IPad in real-time. I was missing a key, and was in the process of moving. The guys told me normally the send the inspection off right away, but he would hold off for 3 days for me in case I found the key.

What you could do it ask for a pre-return inspection. It’s basically a dry run where they tell you what you will get dinged for, but don’t file anything with BMW
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
windnsea00
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocke View Post
As soon as they submit the form, it’s recorded. I just did a lease return in Jan, the guy did it all from an IPad in real-time. I was missing a key, and was in the process of moving. The guys told me normally the send the inspection off right away, but he would hold off for 3 days for me in case I found the key.

What you could do it ask for a pre-return inspection. It’s basically a dry run where they tell you what you will get dinged for, but don’t file anything with BMW
Appreciate the tip! This is for my Mother who is returning her 320i and it was a pre-inspection. They said it needed 3 new tires, so she had them measured by a reputable tire shop who said they are all above 4/32.

So trying to figure out how to counter their claim.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
howiegu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22%E2%80%99 M440

Quote:
Originally Posted by windnsea00 View Post
If one dealer inspects the car and adds a few negative remarks, is that already in the system for everyone? Or can I try another dealer that may be a bit more lenient?

Thank you!
I've done this for 4 times. As others mentioned, a pre-inspection is a must to sort out any issues.

My experiences were that they are sticker on tires and chips on windows. But my dealer has been pretty good to me as a returning customers. Between me and the wifey, we had not paid anything extra on returns for 4 times. For tires, twice were brought up as an issue, but once I mentioned that I just had new tires from you x miles ago, then they were OK. So, buying tires from the dealer has its merits for leasing.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

just went the other day to ask my dealer if they are going to buy my car or i need to get some stuff fixed, they looked at it and said they would just buy it at turn in so you should check with your dealer, might not need to repair anything.