F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple CarPlay Retrofit - Done! (Update:16/11/18...now also with full screen function)
Extreme Powerhouse

05-15-2023, 03:57 PM   #903
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitsForBob View Post
Many thanks to Wibbles who supplied me with information on and more help regarding feature installer than I was expecting……Very kind of you and greatly appreciated.

All round top bloke!
Appreciate 1
Wibbles447.50
      06-08-2023, 02:41 PM   #904
Jmax22
Rep
Drives: F45 218i auto

Hi all, it’s my first post and I apologise in advance if I’m in wrong place but there are some knowledgable people in here that if nobody can help me here, then that’s the end of it!😓 I’m also new to the BMW world so please bare with my terminology but I have tried to do so much in research in the last 2 weeks since I got the car..

When I first got the car, first thing I tried to do was BMW system update via USB which is all genuine but it just wouldn’t work, it sometimes wouldn’t read the usb and then when it did, it says update not suitable for this vehicle or something similar so gave up😒
I then began to tackle the out of date Nav - I bought the 2023 map update and planned on getting an FSC code but then found out because I have entry nav 2 which uses ‘WAY’ maps, you can’t do unless you get FSC code through BMW which I am told is a fortune so then had to give up on that!

Then I went to tackle Apple CarPlay, paid for feature installer and a code, ran it all fine but nothing changed, spoke to the seller, tried a few things including another code but no joy. He then put me in touch with his coder who tried remotely and coded the head unit VO with 6CP and told me to run the feature installer and code again, still nothing 😒 this time though, feature installer came back with a message stating it couldn’t even talk to the head unit so didn’t even get as far as I had done previously - he had me unplug battery and in the end said he’s never come across it and doesn’t understand and could only suggest it may be worth getting a software update from BMW 😓
The maps isn’t an issue if I can get CarPlay but it just seems impossible,
Any assistance would be much appreciated

2017 218i Active Tourer - Entry Nav 2 -WAY map
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 03:03 PM   #905
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

First thing you need to do is pull the headunit and check if it has the wifi antenna port - or check if you can buy carplay on the connected drive store.

If you have that then you may need some remote help to activate carplay.

PM me with your VIN
Jmax221.50
      06-08-2023, 03:23 PM   #906
Jmax22
Rep
Drives: F45 218i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
First thing you need to do is pull the headunit and check if it has the wifi antenna port - or check if you can buy carplay on the connected drive store.

If you have that then you may need some remote help to activate carplay.

PM me with your VIN
Hi mate, Thankyou for getting back to me, appreciate it..
Sorry I forgot to add I have WiFi port and have fitted antenna
The connected drive store in car says no longer available for car and I can’t purchase it online
I have just realised I can’t message you either because I’m new to forum and this was my first post 😓🫣
Thankyou
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 02:17 AM   #907
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmax22 View Post
Hi mate, Thankyou for getting back to me, appreciate it..
Sorry I forgot to add I have WiFi port and have fitted antenna
The connected drive store in car says no longer available for car and I can’t purchase it online
I have just realised I can’t message you either because I’m new to forum and this was my first post 😓🫣
Thankyou
Once you have enough posts, PM me.
Jmax221.50
      07-08-2023, 12:25 PM   #908
gutisoft
Rep
Drives: BMW x4

Hello everyone.
Been reading the forum for a while, but now decided to sign up because I need help. Thanks in advance
I have a professional NBT-EVO navigator with an antenna, on which I installed carplay via USB 3 years ago and everything is perfect and a full screen.
When I brought the car to the dealer for EGR campaign, I updated the car and I lost the car game, but I also can't start the serial navigator of the car.
Since I can't turn on the browser, I don't know the current version of the browser.
I have been reading for several days, but I can't figure out what step I should take. With the enet cable, should I remove the fsc and then flash again?
I don't have the original fsc.
Thank you very much to anyone who can guide me a little

Last edited by gutisoft; 07-08-2023 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 07:24 AM   #909
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Send me a PM, I can fix it remotely for you
      07-11-2023, 03:25 AM   #910
gutisoft
Rep

Quote:
Send me a PM, I can fix it remotely for you
I still can't send private messages.
in a few days contact you
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 03:26 AM   #911
gutisoft
Rep

Thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 02:22 PM   #912
gutisoft
Rep

I just want to thank all the dedication and time spent by him
Thank you Wibbles .
It helped me recover my system and my navigation after I went through the dealership.
all system working and carplay running.
thank you very much again.
It's a pleasure to meet people like you.
a greeting from Spain
Appreciate 2
blau3er1154.00
Wibbles447.50
      07-12-2023, 03:36 PM   #913
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutisoft View Post
Thank you Wibbles .
It helped me recover my system and my navigation after I went through the dealership.
a greeting from Spain
Craig goes above and beyond - the best about!
Appreciate 1
Wibbles447.50
      07-13-2023, 03:35 AM   #914
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutisoft View Post
Thank you Wibbles .
a greeting from Spain
No hay problema Amigo, con mucho gusto!
      08-20-2023, 05:36 AM   #915
PeterF36
Registered
Rep
Drives: F36 420d

Hi, this is my first post but need advice on the best way to get CarPlay back on to my car.

I'm running ID5 and my car had to go back for the EGR recall and the dealer updated my software to NAV 'Y'. From reading around I require the E-net lead to update with a windows machine. Can someone guide me on the next steps to get CarPlay back on please?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 03:02 PM   #916
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF36 View Post
Hi, this is my first post but need advice on the best way to get CarPlay back on to my car.

I'm running ID5 and my car had to go back for the EGR recall and the dealer updated my software to NAV 'Y'. From reading around I require the E-net lead to update with a windows machine. Can someone guide me on the next steps to get CarPlay back on please?
Drop me a PM
      09-08-2023, 02:42 PM   #917
Slashbored
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d Coupe

Hey all,

Bought a newer car recently for the weekends, but it's missing CarPlay and seems to be on a randomly old NBT Evo version despite being the same year as my existing eco-mobile 420d lol. I checked eBay for Carplay activation but I'm a bit uneasy buying from there after wasting almost £100 for a FSC code and it not working, and it looks like I can't get fullscreen but only the split screen version due to the NBT version.

Is the update service to a later NBT version a safe procedure and is it something someone on ebay could do? I'm assuming paying someone to update it and then getting CarPlay would give me the full screen version?

Thanks for any help you knowledgable chaps can shed on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 07:03 PM   #918
dholdi2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 35d

You need to discuss this with the expert in the post above yours ^ Wibbles can advise whats possible and make it happen for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 12:25 PM   #919
Slashbored
Enlisted Member
Rep

Good shout! Wibbles is the man! He helped me a while back getting it working in my motorway muncher and it's been a revelation ever since 😂

I'll drop him a pm for advice
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 01:27 PM   #920
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashbored View Post
Good shout! Wibbles is the man! He helped me a while back getting it working in my motorway muncher and it's been a revelation ever since 😂

I'll drop him a pm for advice

HU will need a firmware update - you should have messaged me instead of dropping £100 on an ebay activation
      09-10-2023, 05:04 PM   #921
Slashbored
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
HU will need a firmware update - you should have messaged me instead of dropping £100 on an ebay activation
Thanks Wibbles, you helped me previously with my 420D. That was the car I'd paid just shy of £100 in total on eBay for someone to generate me an FSC code to update the maps. The code didn't work and they said it was some other method required at a dealer which they could sort out which also didn't work - lesson learnt!

The new car (M4) has an old NBT version (I should've taken a pic when I was browsing through the menus earlier this afternoon) of H (from memory).

How easy are they to update, and what's the cost of it please? Happy to fireover a PM with any details from the car if that's easier.

Thanks again for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 02:59 AM   #922
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashbored View Post
Thanks Wibbles, you helped me previously with my 420D. That was the car I'd paid just shy of £100 in total on eBay for someone to generate me an FSC code to update the maps. The code didn't work and they said it was some other method required at a dealer which they could sort out which also didn't work - lesson learnt!

The new car (M4) has an old NBT version (I should've taken a pic when I was browsing through the menus earlier this afternoon) of H (from memory).

How easy are they to update, and what's the cost of it please? Happy to fireover a PM with any details from the car if that's easier.

Thanks again for the reply.
I can share a guide with you, drop me a PM
      09-18-2023, 08:37 PM   #923
Meatballr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

NBT EVO Y issue

As with some others on this forum, I had previous CarPlay working using a USB upgrade, but the dealer has to upgrade to the latest NBT-EVO-Y firmware.

I also tried coding out some things like warning message but found that BimmerCode with Bluetooth throws an error when trying to connect to the head unit. Everything else seems to be fine in BimmerCode.

I just picked up a ENET cable as well, is there a way to code the head unit and also activate CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 09:57 AM   #924
LietuvisIsKauno
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: 2017 f31

Do you guys all get software update with EGR recall? I was told it is only the hardware that changes (haven't done it yet, because there are a shortage of parts apparently).

P.s. After the HU software update to Y, do you notice any improvements?

My biggest issue is that Spotify as an app doesn't always show up. Its hard to pin on what it depends.
Appreciate 0