F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help- "Cruise Control Malfunction" after steering wheel retrofit
GetBMWParts

10-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
gyrotuner
Rep
Drives: 320i

Help- "Cruise Control Malfunction" after steering wheel retrofit

Hey guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong subforum. I recently tacked the Paddle shifter & Sport wheel retrofit into my '15 f30, but am having an issue with everything back together. Horn no longer works, wipers are stuck on (stalk is non responsive), no horn, no turn signals, and im getting a "cruise control malfunction error. Does anyone have any insight as to where to start with this? I was missing one of the connections inside the steering wheel to the multifunction button, but that is now connected, and still no improvement.

I also switched back to the stock wheel, and no improvement.

Anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
I'd simply start at the SZL (steering wheel column stalk). Does anything work on your steering wheel column stalk? So does the BC (instrument/trip computer switch) work? If not, you might want to check the connections to your SZL to ensure it is all fitted.

Though not too much insight I can add to it other than that.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
gyrotuner
Rep

Nothing appears to work on the stalk at all, so i definitely suspect the SZL. it did come off to run the wire for paddles, but it looked as if all connections were made again. I may dissasemble and recheck next.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #4
raphatexas
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 335i BLACK SAPPHIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrotuner View Post
Hey guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong subforum. I recently tacked the Paddle shifter & Sport wheel retrofit into my '15 f30, but am having an issue with everything back together. Horn no longer works, wipers are stuck on (stalk is non responsive), no horn, no turn signals, and im getting a "cruise control malfunction error. Does anyone have any insight as to where to start with this? I was missing one of the connections inside the steering wheel to the multifunction button, but that is now connected, and still no improvement.

I also switched back to the stock wheel, and no improvement.

Anyone have any ideas?
I've had the same problem once, it was the connection behind the steering wheel at the SZL (steering column cluster) that was not snapped back in place correctly. Had the same issues occur! Re-check the connection and it should do it!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
gyrotuner
Rep

Well, that was exactly it. Nothing felt loose but redid all connections and its back to normal 100%. Just need to code in the paddles now!
Appreciate 0