F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > How to negotiate 0.0017 Money Factor Down?
Extreme Powerhouse

08-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Exclamation How to negotiate 0.0017 Money Factor Down?

Ok so after a huge ordeal with the dealership which resulted in me reporting a Bait&Switch to BMWNA and emailing the general manager, I've finally gotten a decent price for a car. However now I've been informed that due to the "massive loss" they're taking on the car, after they already agreed to do that price, they're saying they can't do a lower money factor than 0.0017. I was planning on doing MSDs and the increased MF over the 0.0013 I had thought was standard for most leases, has resulted in my monthly payments being >$100 more a month than doing the same MSDs on the car if they were honoring the national 0.0013 MF.

My question is this; is there a polite way of approaching this with the dealer or do I just ask them to lower the money factor if they want the deal? I'm really ticked off with my dealer but the fact is they are the only nearby dealer with the car I want with the features I want. They finally agreed to a price after explaining to me how they were losing thousands, but now I just checked their website and they're offering this car and similar cars for the same price, meaning they aren't doing me any favors if they're offering it to anyone for the price they agreed to sell to me for.

Help would be appreciated as I need to email the dealer by the end of the night, within 2 hours from this posting.

Thanks =)

Last edited by kadify; 08-07-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
Labeef
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320I Sport/Xenon

It is a business and they do need to make some money.

If you really want a lower money factor, show them you are serious. A good time to go is at the end of the month when they are trying to hit their monthly quota. Go in person and tell them you want to car today, but you want it at you specific money factory or your walking. You may want to cross shop other dealers in your area, they may match or beat what you want.
Appreciate 0