F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Police Interceptors 330d's
Extreme Powerhouse

03-22-2017, 05:37 AM   #23
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport +

Saw an unmarked m sport f31 this morning.

Going back a few years a friend used to work for the delivery company that dealt with delivering traffic cars to the relevant forces. At the time they were all driving Volvo v70s. He said they all had the suspension upgraded before being delivered. although I think it was mainly reinforced to cope with hammering speed bumps at speed than to improve performance.
Appreciate 1
kiwifiz10.50
      03-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #24
XK140
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SEAT Leon Cupra Carbon/GT86

I'd like to think that the presence of the camera modifies the behaviour of both the police and the scumbags,the latter become more cocky and the former ultra politically correct.
I trust and hope that at other times,without the camera,the uncooperative scroats receive a quick thump in the guts to bring them into line.
Appreciate 1
Gixerste191.00
      03-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #25
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigUK View Post
If there aren't enough prison places there's other punishment available, castration, removal of organs for use by normal members of society etc. Just far too soft these days 😉
If we don't have prisons get them doing the shit jobs. Plenty of them and free labour would be useful - drain cleaning, sh1t spreading, clearing debris on a live motorway...
Prison is where they should go mate I went to prison on a 2.1/2yr sentence a few years back something I'm not proud of, but after going and seeing what it did to me family and children I will never put myself in that situation again
After being in there though mate I believe it's what you have on the outside which contributes a lot to whether your going back or not, I saw people in there who had nothing on the outside and were more than happy to stay there and return and probably had a lot more in there than the outside. Nice cell as nice cells go! Food, clothes, tv, free gym membership etc
If you have a lot to lose on the outside you will never return nothing on the outside then it doesn't matter where you are

I think prison works the most on 1st offenders who never want to go and experience that shit hole again (Like me) but those who return again and again it makes no difference to them
      03-23-2017, 08:01 AM   #26
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40CCA View Post
Prison is where they should go mate I went to prison on a 2.1/2yr sentence a few years back something I'm not proud of, but after going and seeing what it did to me family and children I will never put myself in that situation again
After being in there though mate I believe it's what you have on the outside which contributes a lot to whether your going back or not, I saw people in there who had nothing on the outside and were more than happy to stay there and return and probably had a lot more in there than the outside. Nice cell as nice cells go! Food, clothes, tv, free gym membership etc
If you have a lot to lose on the outside you will never return nothing on the outside then it doesn't matter where you are

I think prison works the most on 1st offenders who never want to go and experience that shit hole again (Like me) but those who return again and again it makes no difference to them
I have to agree with you there. For a few regular customers prison does not hold any fear for them, they just see it as an unpleasant side to their job.

A bit like a squaddie see's exercise, or a copper see's constants, that sort of thing. The thing it does do though is stop reoffending when they are locked up.

If we know a particular burglar is away, we will see a huge reduction in dwelling burglaries, then the opposite when they are released. Its not we don't know who commits these crimes, its the proving them in court that is the difficult thing, then them actually getting a decent length custodial sentence.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 06:05 PM   #27
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm134 View Post
Most of the Police F30 330d's have Xdrive, so they have SE suspension as standard, just the same as the M Sport Xdrive's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbeemerboy View Post
Police BMW's are a bespoke build in line with the planned terrain and use of the car depending on the Police Force they are built for. Bear in mind how much weight they carry with cones, signs etc etc, they couldn't use the M Sport set up in the 3 series. You'll notice they always use a square wheel set up usually too. The engines are stock, they usually have updated electrical systems though for the additional police instruments.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/co...y-vehicles.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBride View Post
Saw an unmarked m sport f31 this morning.

Going back a few years a friend used to work for the delivery company that dealt with delivering traffic cars to the relevant forces. At the time they were all driving Volvo v70s. He said they all had the suspension upgraded before being delivered. although I think it was mainly reinforced to cope with hammering speed bumps at speed than to improve performance.
The F31 330Ds are Authorities models and are based on the SE but have adaptive suspension. Below is a spec list from an F31 330D Authorities:

Standard Equipment
2L3 17"lt/aly Wheels V-spoke 395
216 Servotronic
4CG Int.strip Satinsilver
853 Language Version English
Options
1CA Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles
108 Engine Run-on Circuit
146 Additional Energy Supply
2PA Locking Wheel Bolts
2TB Sport Automatic Transmission
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator
2VF Adaptiv M Suspension
230 Eu Specific Additional Equipment
255 Sports Leather Steering Wheel
258 Runflat Tyres
3AA Roof Rails Black
302 Alarm System
488 Lumbar Support Driver/front Passenger
5A2 Led Headlights
507 Park Distance Control (pdc), Rear
6NS Enhanced Telephony With Extended Sm
698 Area-code 2
8KA Oelservice Int. 30.000 Km/24 Months
8SM Vin, Visible From Outside
8S2 Coding Of Alarm Signal
8S3 Automatic Lock When Driving Away
8TG Anti-theft System
812 England Version
850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export
880 English / On-board Documentation

What's interesting is I've just seen in the brochure that there's two options for adaptive suspension package comfort and adaptive suspension package professional.

Last edited by Daftasabrush; 03-23-2017 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #28
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
Quote:

I have to agree with you there. For a few regular customers prison does not hold any fear for them, they just see it as an unpleasant side to their job.

A bit like a squaddie see's exercise, or a copper see's constants, that sort of thing. The thing it does do though is stop reoffending when they are locked up.

If we know a particular burglar is away, we will see a huge reduction in dwelling burglaries, then the opposite when they are released. Its not we don't know who commits these crimes, its the proving them in court that is the difficult thing, then them actually getting a decent length custodial sentence.
The thing which I saw a lot in there was once a known burglar was inside then the police would come get him take him out for the day drive round with him to cases that were still open and he would admit to loads of burglaries even ones he had not done just so they could be closed cases and get no more time for them !?
      03-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #29
Darth Helmut
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435d XD

Quote:

And here in lays the problem. 1st timers who have fallen on bad luck or been caught out see their time as punishment and make amends to why they were sent down in the first place (such as your good self).

Society is full of scum bags who see it as either an occupational hazard or a networking educational house. The authorities have tended towards rehabilitation by default as opposed to defining certain types. Some cunt-holes can never be rehabilitated. The system is blind to that.

I have quite a few mates who are either coppers or Prison Service and their hands are more tied than ever before. The coppers feel that whatever they do to feel the collars of habitual crims, the CPS will always tend on the side of safety and reject the case. Example being a clunge who has offended by TWOCing and driving through a housing estate endangering everyone he comes across, previous for drug offences, ABH, GBH, domestic violence etc etc. And regardless of what resources the police have used, evidence they have gathered and what the cunt has done, the real work starts when petitioning the CPS to bring it to trial. The CPS has an ulterior motive comprising of % chance of proving guilt, repercussions of mistrial and will the judge accept the offence v pressures of accommodating the twat at HM pleasure. The scale of the offence has been offset with the sentence due to the administration cost and burden. Thats not justice.

The Prison Officers are so restricted that their role is almost totally eroded due to 'human rights' and fear of reprisals by do gooding middle class fuckwits who live in a dream world and have no concept or idea of real life and the consequences these twats have to the average citizen.

If politicians understood that a vote winning solution would be a short sharp shock to most of these tube-sticks i.e. hard labour, harsh community service or some form of purgatory then most of these DNA vacuums wouldnt see a bit of bird being a badge of honour or a higher education then they'd implement some of the penal systems some of our US friends employed. Chain gangs, boot camps and penal servitude. Ironically, the re offending figures from these establishments has been very very low. Lets hope that one of the benefits of leaving the EU will be to take back control of how we deal with these areas of society.

On a side note, I had the pleasure a few years back of spending the day with a group of Met Police chaps on a bit of an exchange. We tipped up early in the morning and pretty much ragged around London in a 5 series touring. The weight of the car was a big issue which meant we could only go three up per car. Suffice to say, they were briefed to 'blue light us' across town for the sake of it and fuck my old boots, they are impressive drivers! Only Lewis Hamilton or Seb Vet would stand a chance of getting away.

Very interesting to see the day to day work of these chaps and very educating to see what kit these cars have on board. We got called to everything from a paedo from Wales whos VRN came up on the ANPR to a chap who got pinged by a beat copper who had just beaten the fuck out of his wife. Proper Sweeney shit and particularly enjoyed the bit where we mounted the kerb, driver jumped out and slid across the bonnet and cuffed the paedo wanker He accidentally elbowed the paedo in the face a few times. The 'perp' cried and wee'd himself. I asked if me and my mate could have a 'chat' with him for a few minutes but the utter professionalism of our copper declined. He suggested he'd have a good 'chat' with the 6'4" MMA custody Sgt back at the nick

We reciprocated a week later and took them all flying in a Lynx to which I barrel rolled, back flipped and chucked the Lynx in to a loop. They all squealed like teenagers. The funniest part was the chap who had organised the whole exchange asked us to fly past the speed camera in his village. We obliged at 20' and 140 knots. It flashed
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #30
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
Quote:

The thing which I saw a lot in there was once a known burglar was inside then the police would come get him take him out for the day drive round with him to cases that were still open and he would admit to loads of burglaries even ones he had not done just so they could be closed cases and get no more time for them !?
Distinctly frowned upon now.

My force had some CID officers lose their jobs over doing the same. Took Billy Burglar out of prison, gave him a Maccie D's, too him round his girlfriend's while they waited outside and then drove him round while he admitted to about 65 burglaries.

Unfortunately for the CID officers, so keen were they to clear up all these outstanding burglaries, Billy was 'admitting' to crimes he couldn't have committed as he was inside at the time!

Used properly Taken Into Consideration or TICs are a way of an offender admitting all he has done and when it comes to sentencing the court will only impose a sentence for perhaps 3 or 4 offences and the others will be acknowledged.
Appreciate 2