F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Super confused on tire pressures
proTUNING Freaks

11-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
chetman7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Super confused on tire pressures

I have a 435ix with the OEM staggered. I've always put 32/35 like it says on the door panel.

I just put on a square setup for winter 245/45 all around. I look at my door jam and it states 32/35 for a 245/45 all around setup.

so...what pressure should I have been running with the stock staggered as my door tires sizes are wrong and do not reflect what the car came with.

The tire shop put on blizzaks 245/45 all around today and put 35psi all around and the drive is horrid.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
ripface
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Better late than never ...

Hi Chetman7,

Seems like the BimmerPost forums don't like questions about tyre pressures, as both your query and mine are sitting with "0" replies.

Was the 435 running run-flats with the staggered setup? Are the new tyres run-flat?

In my experience you'd be better increasing the pressure to compensate for the stiff sidewalls if you have moved from run-flats to non run-flats.

Before I changed the rears on by 335d I was running 47/42 on Falken non-RFT and this was fine ... until I swapped out the trashed rears for Goodyear F1 Asymetrics and now the handling at speeds is very fidgety. Still playing with the pressures to try and dial this out.

Hope this helps ...

Cheers,
Ripface
Appreciate 0