F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android - Contacts - No addresses show up
Studio RSR

06-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
funkahdafi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is

Android - Contacts - No addresses show up

Hey guys,

I have a pretty new F32 (04/2015) with all the bells and whistles in terms of navigation, bluetooth etc. I also have a Google Nexus 6 phone with Android 5.1 (stock). I am using Google's contacts app.

When the phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth, I can see all the contacts and all the contact details like phone number, email etc. - EXCEPT for one thing: Contact addresses. For some reason they don't show up.

If I connect my iPhone, which uses the exact same contact database (Google, synced to iPhone), the addresses show up fine.

Can it really be possible that the car does not support this? Regarding to the BMW website where you can check bluetooth compatibility, it should work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkahdafi View Post
Hey guys,

I have a pretty new F32 (04/2015) with all the bells and whistles in terms of navigation, bluetooth etc. I also have a Google Nexus 6 phone with Android 5.1 (stock). I am using Google's contacts app.

When the phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth, I can see all the contacts and all the contact details like phone number, email etc. - EXCEPT for one thing: Contact addresses. For some reason they don't show up.

If I connect my iPhone, which uses the exact same contact database (Google, synced to iPhone), the addresses show up fine.

Can it really be possible that the car does not support this? Regarding to the BMW website where you can check bluetooth compatibility, it should work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Android for BMW is still in beta mode with the new iDrive system aka 14+ but with that being said I'm sure it will come out in a further update but thus far there is no fix. As mentioned by a lot of other owners the iDrive system and BMW lags WAY behind and caters to mostly Blackberry / IOS. But as I mentioned it will be fixed sometime in the near future I'm sure due to the fact it's been a big complaint thus far if you search other forums.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 03:21 AM   #3
funkahdafi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is

Well, it used to work with my Nexus 5 (Android 5.0 vs. 5.1) and the BMW compatibility list found at bmw.com/bluetooth clearly states that addresses are supported with the Nexus 6. So I am guessing this is just a bug rather than a missing feature.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #4
nfxsh
Rep
Drives: 2013 F35

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkahdafi View Post
Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Can you please tell me what's your iphone's model? I have a Iphone 6 with latest ios 9, but I only have name and phone in contact entries. I'm desperate on contact addresses which I can navigate to directly!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0