F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > DINANTRONICS tune now available for 335i, 435i, 535i Electronic Wastegate
Studio RSR

09-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Thumbs up DINANTRONICS tune now available for 335i, 435i, 535i Electronic Wastegate

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
We're really happy to be back on the Bimmerpost forum and also are excited to announce new applications for the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner, with the goal of having the majority of the BMW lineup covered by year's end.

Our latest releases are the DINANTRONICS for the F32/F33/F36 435i and the wastegate compatible versions for the F30 335i and the F10 535i. These applications join the growing list of vehicles already in the DINANTRONICS compatible stable that include the F22 M235i, F30 335i, F07/10 550i, F06/12/13 650i, F01/02 750i, F10 M5 (STD & Competition Package), and the F06/12/13 M6 (STD & Competition Package).

You can find more info along with horsepower and torque numbers here: http://dinancars.com/product/d440-16...ries&mid=1205/

Please let us know if you have any questions!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
F30MSPORT12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

I noticed on your website it says not applicable with the MPPK setup yet. Once that is available, will you be able to run both for more power (like change different parameters than the MPPK, and vice-versa) or will the Dinatronics override the MPPK?
1995 Spec3
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
simarddominic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i XDrive M Sport MPPK+MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30MSPORT12 View Post
I noticed on your website it says not applicable with the MPPK setup yet. Once that is available, will you be able to run both for more power (like change different parameters than the MPPK, and vice-versa) or will the Dinatronics override the MPPK?
+1 !
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We get this question a lot. The short answer is we are testing both ways (stacking and overriding). Only time will tell with further development.

Sorry for the generic response but no real data is available at this time. When engineering decides definitively which direction they will ultimately pursue after further durability trials we will definitely post it.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
Chipper
Rep
Drives: '11 135i Lemans Blue/Coral Red

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
FINALLY!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
F30MSPORT12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
We get this question a lot. The short answer is we are testing both ways (stacking and overriding). Only time will tell with further development.

Sorry for the generic response but no real data is available at this time. When engineering decides definitively which direction they will ultimately pursue after further durability trials we will definitely post it.
I understand. Thanks for the reply!
1995 Spec3
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
mosmmc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30/n20 sport.

Nice, now I have to wait if they come out with an N20 tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
jon102034050
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive

excited for this to develop! I've also got the MPPK and am looking forward to seeing how this will play out with cars with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #9
Rxpert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP 6 Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon102034050
excited for this to develop! I've also got the MPPK and am looking forward to seeing how this will play out with cars with it.
+1. Keep us MPPK guys posted as you know more, thx!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #10
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmmc View Post
Nice, now I have to wait if they come out with an N20 tune.
We are working on it. Slowly but surely. We have had a 328i that we have been working on and off again for awhile. Just so happens we keep loaning it out as a loaner vehicle while we work on development on the bigger cars (8 and 6 cylinder). Luckily we are nearing the end on quite a bit of development on the aforementioned vehicles so the N20 should become more of a priority. The end goal, and we are well on pace to accomplish it, is to have a tune for nearly all the BMW product line (minus diesel) before years end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxpert View Post
+1. Keep us MPPK guys posted as you know more, thx!
Will do.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #11
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK

I'm going to watch this thread. I have the MPPK and would like to know what gains over MPPK can we expect. I'm talking about the entire dyno graph, not just peak numbers.

The current dyno graph is impressive. However, I noticed that 93 octane was used. Can you publish a dyno with 91 octane? In AZ it's very hard to get over 91.

Since your engineers are working with an MPPK vehicle, could you'll please dyno and publish the MPPK numbers when you'll are done with the MPPK research, so that we have an exact before (MPPK only) and after (MPPK + dinan) dyno?

Edit: is wire splicing required to install this?

Edit: have you'll got any before and after 0-60 and quarter mile times?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #12
ckrieg
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

The numbers have certainly jumped up from before... Are these more accurate now? Or are they just measured properly now?
It's nice to see that backed up with some graphs.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #13
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
I'm going to watch this thread. I have the MPPK and would like to know what gains over MPPK can we expect. I'm talking about the entire dyno graph, not just peak numbers.

The current dyno graph is impressive. However, I noticed that 93 octane was used. Can you publish a dyno with 91 octane? In AZ it's very hard to get over 91.

Since your engineers are working with an MPPK vehicle, could you'll please dyno and publish the MPPK numbers when you'll are done with the MPPK research, so that we have an exact before (MPPK only) and after (MPPK + dinan) dyno?

Very interested to see before and after numbers as well to evaluate if it will be worth the investment on my car already equipped with the new (335hp) PPK.
      09-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
The 360/392 figures are certainly impressive. We all know, though, that the 335/332 (new) PPK numbers from BMW are conservative, especially the tq figure.

I'd love to see a side-by-side comparo.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #15
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

i was wondering if it had any provision for a DP and removing the CEL, i am guessing not but wanted to ask. the installation looks like it will be very easy based on the connectors pictured. looks like you are connecting at the factory ecu points rather than the individual sensors on the engine which is a huge plus..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrieg View Post
The numbers have certainly jumped up from before... Are these more accurate now? Or are they just measured properly now?
Actually, the numbers have changed slightly just just due to getting further in the development cycle. We are fine tuning things as we go and finding new ways to eek a bit of extra power out of the engines safely. The best part is those that early adopt our product are not penalized for it. If we have an update, just like in the past with software, it will be a free update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
i was wondering if it had any provision for a DP and removing the CEL, i am guessing not but wanted to ask. the installation looks like it will be very easy based on the connectors pictured. looks like you are connecting at the factory ecu points rather than the individual sensors on the engine which is a huge plus..
Short answer is no. Our goal is to be completely emissions legal company so a DP application is not in our future. Will our product work with a DP, yes, but it will not be designed specifically with a DP in mind (and thus removing the CEL).

And yes, we connect directly into the BMW ECU via OE plugs. This offers us the most versatility in future upgrades since we are now tapped directly into the signals coming and going from the ECU.

Quote:

Rest assured if we do in fact stack the tune and MPPK that a graph will be supplied like the ones currently given that will yield all the data that has been requested. Basically there would be a stock line, MPPK line, and a MPPK+Dinan line. Again, this assumes we go the stacking route which has not been determined yet.

No wire splicing is involved at all. We use OE plugs coupled with a high quality/durable wiring harness that plugs directly into the BMW ECU. See above for a bit more info.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Just had mine installed yesterday and I can feel a difference. Comfort feels almost like sport and sport plus now pulls very nicely. Power is very smooth and linear.
Overall I'm satisfied with the Dinan tune
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #18
tsims619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrieg View Post
Actually, the numbers have changed slightly just just due to getting further in the development cycle. We are fine tuning things as we go and finding new ways to eek a bit of extra power out of the engines safely. The best part is those that early adopt our product are not penalized for it. If we have an update, just like in the past with software, it will be a free update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
Short answer is no. Our goal is to be completely emissions legal company so a DP application is not in our future. Will our product work with a DP, yes, but it will not be designed specifically with a DP in mind (and thus removing the CEL).

And yes, we connect directly into the BMW ECU via OE plugs. This offers us the most versatility in future upgrades since we are now tapped directly into the signals coming and going from the ECU.

Quote:

Rest assured if we do in fact stack the tune and MPPK that a graph will be supplied like the ones currently given that will yield all the data that has been requested. Basically there would be a stock line, MPPK line, and a MPPK+Dinan line. Again, this assumes we go the stacking route which has not been determined yet.

No wire splicing is involved at all. We use OE plugs coupled with a high quality/durable wiring harness that plugs directly into the BMW ECU. See above for a bit more info.
I'm curious since I am one of the early adopters, how do I get the update map. I noticed that tq numbers from what you're advertising is a lot more than the previous 375. Also when will the user have full capability of the "Bluetooth" access.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #19
Dan_335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i EBII MSport

Can people with dinan piggyback sell there tune anytime?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #20
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsims619 View Post
I'm curious since I am one of the early adopters, how do I get the update map. I noticed that tq numbers from what you're advertising is a lot more than the previous 375. Also when will the user have full capability of the "Bluetooth" access.
Simply contact your local Dinan dealer and schedule an appointment. They will update it free of charge. It will require a firmware update so the whole process will take roughly a half an hour. In the future with the phone app via bluetooth these types of updates will be able to be done yourself without taking it to the dealer. The app(s) are still in development but we are hopeful to have them done before the year is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
Can people with dinan piggyback sell there tune anytime?
Short answer is yes. You can sell the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner or transfer it to another vehicle at any time BUT it would have to be transferred to a "like" vehicle meaning one F30 335i user would only be able to sell it to another F30 335i user to ensure no additional charges would be incurred. DINANTRONICS is essentially made up of 3 pieces; a generic ECU, a harness (there will be 3-4 types depending on vehicle), and model specific software that is loaded onto the Dinan ECU. All of these things would have to match in order to sell or transfer to another user without incurring additional charges. You can still sell or transfer the unit if you like to a "non-like" vehicle but the new user MAY have to purchase a new harness and WILL have to purchase new model specific software to load into the Dinan ECU.

For example if a 335i owner sold the unit to an M5 user the only piece that would actually work for the new user would be the generic ECU since there is a different harness involved and of course different software.

Then there is the issue of the warranty. The warranty is directly tied to the VIN of the original users vehicle and registered when software is installed on the box. There are many caveats to this part but the easy synopsis of that is the warranty is not transferable from one vehicle to another. If you have any specific questions on this aspect I encourage you too contact the sales department for a better explanation.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 10:31 PM   #21
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Stack...stack...stack

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30MSPORT12

STACK...STACK...STACK...STACK...STACK...STACK...ST ACK...STACK...STACK...STACK...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 01:18 AM   #22
Mobster1983
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

I've been considering the MPPK for a while, but am not very comfortable once I asked my dealer and both my SA and the parts department asked "what's MPPK."

I am very excited to see this tune is finally out for the 2014s with the electronic waste gate. I do have a couple questions.

Does the price on the website include installation, or is that an extra cost? If it is included, then the price is pretty close to the MPPK so definitely helps in the decision. I've never worked with a Dinan dealer before so not sure how they work.

I do not have a Dinan dealer anywhere I can take my car (Hawaii). Is this something that I can do myself? Or am I just out of luck?
Appreciate 0