F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Leasing 101 / FAQ (BMW emphasis)
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #67
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurryman View Post
Thanks! Do you have an idea of if those iDrive updates could be applied to pre-lci?

Anyways here is a bit of an update: Went to the local dealer who had allocations for a much sooner production. Dealer said that they will match the deal I had negotiated with the OOS dealer. Said they'd keep my out of pocket and monthly payment the same but with a much much earlier production date. Is there anything I should really watch out for? I assume that since my out of pocket is the same (same rebates/incentives) Id be spending the same amount at either dealer and my monthly stays the same which is nice.
Sounds like the best situation possible. You already have the order sheet from the OOS dealer so you should be able to match everything up. Looks like you're good to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #68
Tsela_f87
Private
28
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: AW F80
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NJ/NYC

iTrader: (0)

So as i mentioned yesterday, here is my break down.

F80 m3
Msrp: $70,900
Selling price: $66,900
39 months
12k annual miles
$3000 out of pocket
Money factor is 0.00130
Residual is $43,958
Monthly payment: $740

Sound good?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #69
XRAVE
Member
XRAVE's Avatar
256
Rep
1,397
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Miami, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsela_f80 View Post
So as i mentioned yesterday, here is my break down.

F80 m3
Msrp: $70,900
Selling price: $66,900
39 months
12k annual miles
$3000 out of pocket
Money factor is 0.00130
Residual is $43,958
Monthly payment: $740

Sound good?
Looks perfect to me assuming that 740 is tax in. Very similar deal to mine. My MSRP was 70,425. Whats your build?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #70
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
501
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: M4 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsela_f80 View Post
So as i mentioned yesterday, here is my break down.

F80 m3
Msrp: $70,900
Selling price: $66,900
39 months
12k annual miles
$3000 out of pocket
Money factor is 0.00130
Residual is $43,958
Monthly payment: $740

Sound good?
62% residual, MF 0.0013 , almost $600 over Invoice is a good deal for F80
__________________
Current : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Gone: 2007 Gray Acura TL (Type S) 5AT
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #71
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsela_f80 View Post
So as i mentioned yesterday, here is my break down.

F80 m3
Msrp: $70,900
Selling price: $66,900
39 months
12k annual miles
$3000 out of pocket
Money factor is 0.00130
Residual is $43,958
Monthly payment: $740

Sound good?

Yes it does sound good. What does the $3000 include? You want to skip any down payment on the lease. If its all fees just make sure they aren't marking any up. Not sure what NJ title/plate fees are.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #72
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
MRCUR's Avatar
United_States
480
Rep
1,862
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 & 2017 Raptor
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsela_f80 View Post
$3000 out of pocket

Sound good?
What's the $3k out the door made up of? Seems a bit high for your payment.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 12:23 AM   #73
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
501
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: M4 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
What's the $3k out the door made up of? Seems a bit high for your payment.
Part of out the door is the first payment and other fees (Document, acquisition, license,...) which is called "Drive off" Then you can put extra money down to reduce your monthly payment... this way you don't pay interest on that money...
__________________
Current : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Gone: 2007 Gray Acura TL (Type S) 5AT
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 01:21 AM   #74
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Part of out the door is the first payment and other fees (Document, acquisition, license,...) which is called "Drive off" Then you can put extra money down to reduce your monthly payment... this way you don't pay interest on that money...
Thanks, but I think MRCUR knows that. He just wants the op to specify what is making up the 3K. Neither of us can comment on it completely. I was worried he may be paying high or unnecessary dealer fees.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #75
vonmayr
Major
vonmayr's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
1,296
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think I read somewhere that when you lease an ED vehicle, that your residual calculation is based on the US MSRP, not the ED MSRP. Is that correct?
__________________
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #76
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1140
Rep
2,110
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Awesome, reading this with pen & paper in hand, great info for people like me that have zero idea what leasing is except how to spell the word.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #77
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post
I think I read somewhere that when you lease an ED vehicle, that your residual calculation is based on the US MSRP, not the ED MSRP. Is that correct?
Yes, the residual is based of the US MSRP. We have had some uniformed or unethical CA's try to tell forum members different. What you pay or the discount on the car has nothing to due with lease calculations. Conversely if you paid over sticker, they don't take the residual of the higher as paid price.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #78
vonmayr
Major
vonmayr's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
1,296
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Yes, the residual is based of the US MSRP. We have had some uniformed or unethical CA's try to tell forum members different. What you pay or the discount on the car has nothing to due with lease calculations. Conversely if you paid over sticker, they don't take the residual of the higher as paid price.
Thanks. That might be worth an edit to the opening post.
__________________
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #79
vonmayr
Major
vonmayr's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
1,296
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sticky? Needs To Be A Sticky!

MODS - can this be a sticky please? I think its worth it.....
__________________
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #80
MFNATIK
Colonel
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
791
Rep
2,749
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 17 i3Rex, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

This thread is very helpful. Definitely should be a sticky!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #81
onesixeight
Lieutenant
31
Rep
514
Posts

Drives: F82 M4/i8
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Hi all:

What's the most a dealer can mark up the MF? What credit scores will qualify for the BMW FS base rate?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #82
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixeight View Post
Hi all:

What's the most a dealer can mark up the MF? What credit scores will qualify for the BMW FS base rate?

Thanks!
Max mark up is 0.0004
I have seen people mention 645 as the top tier credit threshold, but don't quote me on that.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #83
Pauly Walnuts
Private
Pauly Walnuts's Avatar
11
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Max mark up is 0.0004
I have seen people mention 645 as the top tier credit threshold, but don't quote me on that.
My CA told me yesterday (when I placed a deposit) that minimum to get the buy MF rate is 675 credit score.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 01:20 AM   #84
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Walnuts View Post
My CA told me yesterday (when I placed a deposit) that minimum to get the buy MF rate is 675 credit score.
That sounds right, I think my post is mistaken. thx
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #85
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
2,421
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Just a bump so new members can see it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #86
tzsgti
Private First Class
United_States
11
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
I


IF YOUR CAR CAME WITH RUNFLATS IT HAS TO BE RETURNED WITH RUNFLATS.
Has anyone experienced this or have been charged for this? I know snow tires is mentioned on one of the documents.
__________________
Current:
2015 BMW M3
Past:
2013 Porsche 911 C2
2011 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #87
thecurryman
Private First Class
18
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2001 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Tax upfront

Quick question:
So i understand thay putting cash down is a bad idea to lower monthly because if you total the car you lose the cash put down. But what about paying sales tax upfront? Does this have the same stipulation that if you were to roll the tax into your monthly (like most people) but you total the car halfway through your lease, you are not required to pay the rest of the taxed amount regardless of gap insurance? Or do you have to pay full tax regardless of it being totalled or not?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #88
tzsgti
Private First Class
United_States
11
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurryman View Post
Quick question:
So i understand thay putting cash down is a bad idea to lower monthly because if you total the car you lose the cash put down. But what about paying sales tax upfront? Does this have the same stipulation that if you were to roll the tax into your monthly (like most people) but you total the car halfway through your lease, you are not required to pay the rest of the taxed amount regardless of gap insurance? Or do you have to pay full tax regardless of it being totalled or not?
From what understand BMW includes gap insurance automatically on leases. If you are in a state that collects tax up front then i would assume gap insurance covers that since the bank lays out the money up front.
__________________
Current:
2015 BMW M3
Past:
2013 Porsche 911 C2
2011 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST