F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ronanz's ENZO Flash Tune **UPDATE 11/4/16 ... NO LONGER ENZO TUNED
Studio RSR

11-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

ronanz's ENZO Flash Tune **UPDATE 11/4/16 ... NO LONGER ENZO TUNED

****As of 11/4/16 I am no longer Enzo Tuned...see post #339 for explaination

I'm seriously considering the ENZO or Trinity Autosport (formally GSR) Tune with PureTurbo S2 , FMIC , GFB DV+ and Downpipe. Please post how long you've had your Tune and what your current impression is (both positive and negative).

**UPDATE 11/5

Decided to pull trigger on ENZO Tune. Car scheduled for shipping the week of 11/16. BIG thanks to Mike@N54Tuning.com for making it happen with parts!!

BIG thanks to Chris at Info@EnzoPerformance for making the Tune happen! VERY much appreciated!!

ENZO will be doing the following:

- Custom Pure S2 Tune
- Installing PureTurbo S2 with install kit (parts courtesy of Mike@N54Tuning)
- Installing PureTurbo inlet pipe (parts courtesy of Mike@N54Tuning)
- Installing GFB DV+ Diverter Valve
- Installing NGK 4786 Plugs
- Installing Custom ENZO Cattless Downpipe
- Installing ER FMIC - Anodized Flat Black (parts courtesy of Mike@N54Tuning)
- Installing ER TIC Anodized Flat Black - Turbo to Intercooler pipe (parts courtesy of Mike@N54Tuning)

Can't wait!! Although I won't get to REALLY enjoy till spring due to winter...

**UPDATE 11/12

She was picked up today to begin the journey to see the wizard...

**UPDATE 11/18

Arrived ENZO!! LETS DO THIS!!

**UPDATE 12/15 BASELINES!!

DYNO: Mainline AWD1800

Only bolt-ons are ER Charge Pipe and Dinan CAI (don't know if you can really count the CAI)...these are baselines prior to ENZO's FBO S2 Tune.

1st Log: MPPK (see log below)

2nd Log: Dinan S2 (see log below)

3rd Log: ENZO S1 (see log below)

***UPDATE 12/30 Exhaust Note w/ S2 PureTurbo & FBO's

Ohhhh....this makes me happy!!

Exhaust note via ENZO'S IG acct

***UPDATE 02/12/16 ENZO Tune Complete!!

Final Numbers: 465whp/405tq on 93oct Pump gas!!

***UPDATE 3/14/16 : Mild Burnout, Launch, Up Shifting, Down Shifting

Attached Images

Last edited by ronanz; 11-04-2016 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
Valid_F80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 Comp Pakge

I got my 335xi Tuned by Enzo about a month ago.
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing

My current mods are Ar design Cat-less downpipe and BMS intake.
unlike piggyback this does not trick the computer into think it is running normal when it is not. This is an actual tune on the ECU. There is no " Turning off" the tune. The power curve on it it amazing. i have NO complaints about it at all. it was well worth the money. if you in Ny Let me know we can Meet up and you can see for yourself.
      11-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid_F30 View Post

unlike piggyback this does not trick the computer into think it is running normal when it is not. This is an actual tune on the ECU. There is no " Turning off" the tune. The power curve on it it amazing. i have NO complaints about it at all. it was well worth the money. if you in Ny Let me know we can Meet up and you can see for yourself.
Wish I was...I'd be shipping car to them from New Mexico which adds a significant amount to the overall cost

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
Valid_F80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 Comp Pakge

Oh Yeah it Sure is. But i will tell You one thing it is 10000% worth it. I can even run 5Gals of e85. if your gonna do all those mods they are the best team to have it done by. Id recommend them to any bmw owner.
      11-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:

I kind of have to agree, nothing to complain about.

Have some random idle/surge issues that pop up here and there, but I think it's more related to my CP/IC then tune.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
redbullfan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 TR X3MC

Garage List
2022 BMW X3MC  [0.00]
If anyone is in the New Jersey Area, I would love to experience the Enzo tune!!

Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #7
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Wish I was...I'd be shipping car to them from New Mexico which adds a significant amount to the overall cost

You are shipping the whole car??? May be cheaper to just drive from NM to GSR in Anaheim? Plus you get the joy of driving it home with the new tune! Looks like about an 11 hour drive. Not too bad at all and much cheaper than shipping your entire car. Of course you could ship your ECU but since you are willing to pay the cost of shipping your car you must not feel comfortable removing it.

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
You are shipping the whole car??? May be cheaper to just drive from NM to GSR in Anaheim? Plus you get the joy of driving it home with the new tune! Looks like about an 11 hour drive. Not too bad at all and much cheaper than shipping your entire car. Of course you could ship your ECU but since you are willing to pay the cost of shipping your car you must not feel comfortable removing it.
I just did the drive a little over a month ago. Nice drive, just don't want to risk snow...I'd imagine the car would handle like my old C6 Z06. If I knew FOR CERTAIN, winter would be delayed another two months, I'd be all in for the drive.

Also, I don't have the time nor patience to tackle installing PureTurbo S2 with install kit

Last edited by ronanz; 11-03-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #9
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
I kind of have to agree, nothing to complain about.

Have some random idle/surge issues that pop up here and there, but I think it's more related to my CP/IC then tune.
What's your feelings on ER FMIC quality?

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #10
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
I just did the drive a little over a month ago. Nice drive, just don't want to risk snow...I'd imagine the car would handle like my old C6 Z06. If I knew FOR CERTAIN, winter would be delayed another two months, I'd be all in for the drive.

Also, I don't have the time nor patience to tackle installing PureTurbo S2 with install kit

Ohhh...I didnt realize you were having a bunch of other work done. I thought you were just going to have them do the flash tune. Makes more sense now.

Dont sweat snow! Just get some chains!!!! LOL

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #11
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
I'm seriously considering the ENZO or Trinity Autosport (formally GSR) Tune with PureTurbo S2 , FMIC , GFB DV+ and Downpipe. Please post how long you've had your Tune and what your current impression is (both positive and negative).

PROS;
I have been Enzo tuned about a month now, I LOVE it. It is so worth the money. I got in on the group buy back in September.
I love the throttle response, the power is ALWAYS there.
The car does not fall on its face after 100mph it keeps pulling hard as hell.
NO idling or surging or jerking issues. Smooth as heck.
Best tuning team I ever dealt with. Enzo went to Germany to learn how to tune these ECU's.

CONS;
None really, I just wish there were more maps and an actual hand held flash i.e. Acess Port. But that is with all the current F series cars. Not really a complaint.

Get it you wont regret it. I still run a JB4 on map 4, for logging purposes and a boost guage and exhaust flap control.

My mods are only a challenge catted downpipe and modified muffler (no hp just sound) and of course the Enzo flash.
      11-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #12
Zel335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335I Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
PROS;
I have been Enzo tuned about a month now, I LOVE it. It is so worth the money. I got in on the group buy back in September.
Best tuning team I ever dealt with. Enzo went to Germany to learn how to tune these ECU's.

CONS;
None really, I just wish there were more maps and an actual hand held flash i.e. Acess Port. But that is with all the current F series cars. Not really a complaint.

Get it you wont regret it. I still run a JB4 on map 4, for logging purposes and a boost guage and exhaust flap control.

My mods are only a challenge catted downpipe and modified muffler (no hp just sound) and of course the Enzo flash.
All seems like good things, however if you keep upgrading I think it would be a pain to pull ecu each time. Lets hope they can get a flash loader after you get the initial tune to continue upgrading.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #13
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
PROS;
Best tuning team I ever dealt with. Enzo went bto Germany to learn how to tune these ECU's.

CONS;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel335 View Post
All seems like good things, however if you keep upgrading I think it would be a pain to pull ecu each time. Lets hope they can get a flash loader after you get the initial tune to continue upgrading.

Which is why I'm going straight to PureTurbo S2 with supporting goodies...

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #14
R32DBP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport, 2004 .:R32T

Garage List
I agree with what has already been said here. I love my Enzo tune. I too jumped on t during the September group buy. All my car has is the flash, catless dp, and drop in filter. Power is just all there totally different animal. But I don't want to drive it to hard since I'm still running stock CP. I should be upgrading that soon.

Also as someone else pointed out you can run 5 gallons max of E85 and you'll feel an even bigger difference. I only put 3 gallons and I could already tell the power difference. Enzo really knows what he is doing when it comes to tuning.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #15
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32DBP View Post
I agree with what has already been said here. I love my Enzo tune. I too jumped on t during the September group buy. All my car has is the flash, catless dp, and drop in filter. Power is just all there totally different animal. But I don't want to drive it to hard since I'm still running stock CP. I should be upgrading that soon.

Also as someone else pointed out you can run 5 gallons max of E85 and you'll feel an even bigger difference. I only put 3 gallons and I could already tell the power difference. Enzo really knows what he is doing when it comes to tuning.
You know I never did ask Chris about the e85 mixture. So we can add 5gal of e85 without issue? Im on a pneumatic waste gate. Is this 5 gal mixture standard to a stage 2 flash tune?
      11-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #16
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh Yeah it Sure is. But i will tell You one thing it is 10000% worth it. I can even run 5Gals of e85. if your gonna do all those mods they are the best team to have it done by. Id recommend them to any bmw owner.
Is the 5 gal e85 a standard part of the stage 2 tune? I shipped my ECU out to them so obviously my car was not tuned on their dyno, that would have been best but not an option for a perfect tune for my car.
      11-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #17
R32DBP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport, 2004 .:R32T

Garage List
Yeah I'm pretty sure any flash he does can add E85 straight into the tank. My car wasn't dyno tuned but Enzo did road tune my car. He would just drive around the town and take logs and modify my tune. I actually had to get new spark plugs as well because he said it was causing a misfire. Ended up putting m3/m4 plugs on my car. I would give Chris or Renato an email to confirm but I'm pretty sure you can just mix E85 in to your tank.

I had about 3/4 tank of 93 and just went to a local E85 station (have one 5 minutes away from my house so it's convenient if I want to throw E85 in) and added 3 gallons. After the E85 got mixed in I definitely felt a difference on the butt dyno haha. Pulled harder.
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2015, 07:11 AM   #18
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32DBP
Yeah I'm pretty sure any flash he does can add E85 straight into the tank. My car wasn't dyno tuned but Enzo did road tune my car. He would just drive around the town and take logs and modify my tune. I actually had to get new spark plugs as well because he said it was causing a misfire. Ended up putting m3/m4 plugs on my car. I would give Chris or Renato an email to confirm but I'm pretty sure you can just mix E85 in to your tank.

I had about 3/4 tank of 93 and just went to a local E85 station (have one 5 minutes away from my house so it's convenient if I want to throw E85 in) and added 3 gallons. After the E85 got mixed in I definitely felt a difference on the butt dyno haha. Pulled harder.
Ok very cool, thanks.
      11-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #19
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Here is a quick Enzo flash data log I did in 3rd gear.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Data log 1.pdf (46.5 KB, 260 views)
      11-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #20
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

ROBNYC : what's your feelings on their downpipe? Excessive smell? Chris said they can tune the cold start down a bit so it's not overly obnoxious...

Appreciate 1
      11-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #21
Zel335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335I Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
You don't need to pull out ECU for updates, once ECU is unlocked it can be updated via OBD2 Port (They have special software)
That is good to know. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #22
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
I like their DP , the added sound I was looking for its def there although I have a N20 engine i can hear my turbos spooling better/faster. So it would be even better for the N55 since the N20 is rather quiet beast but varies depending platform. i really can't tell about the gas smell. It's so minor it doesnt bother me (if any in my case).
But all in all is Top Notch and have extensive experience from Exotic cars all tuned for Performance so it just adds on the confidence level when it comes to BMWs.
Thanks for the input...pulling the trigger!!

Appreciate 0