F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > MY18 F36 LCI speculation
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
MY18 F36 LCI speculation

From what I've read I am expecting the LCI to go into production in July.

I believe it will feature:
- wider set headlights
- full LED headlights
- LED strip from headlights to grill (angel eyes)
- LED tail lights
- more aggressive front apron (non M sport)
- broader front air intakes (non M sport)
- cabin trim quality bump
- climate control LED makeover
- ambient lighting around the radio controls
- increased build quality
- faster internet with LTE hotspot
- chrome accents around the seat and window buttons
- chrome accents on the A/C vents
- new graphics on the infotainment system

My individual F36 wont go into production until January and that means I wont see it stateside until most likely April after driving it for week in Feb in Europe.

I think I'm best off getting the dealer to redo my order for a MY18. I hope that's not an issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I visited the dealer today and because my car was code 112 for a Jan 2nd production it couldn't be delayed. They did agree to cancel the order and I will re-order once we have a firm SOP for MY18. I have multiple personal reasons that I dont want to go to Germany in February, not just so as I can get the LCI version.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 02:53 AM   #3
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
74
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
From what I've read I am expecting the LCI to go into production in July.

I believe it will feature:
- wider set headlights
- full LED headlights
- LED strip from headlights to grill (angel eyes)
- LED tail lights
- more aggressive front apron (non M sport)
- broader front air intakes (non M sport)
- cabin trim quality bump
- climate control LED makeover
- ambient lighting around the radio controls
- increased build quality
- faster internet with LTE hotspot
- chrome accents around the seat and window buttons
- chrome accents on the A/C vents
- new graphics on the infotainment system

My individual F36 wont go into production until January and that means I wont see it stateside until most likely April after driving it for week in Feb in Europe.

I think I'm best off getting the dealer to redo my order for a MY18. I hope that's not an issue.
Is this list from somewhere or just pure personal speculation?
__________________
2017 440i Gran Coupe xDrive MPPSK M-Sport Estoril Blue II w/ Individual Golden Brown Full Merino & Fineline Anthracite Wood
Track Handling + Premium + Cold Weather + Technology + Driver Assistance Packages
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 03:25 AM   #4
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis View Post
Is this list from somewhere or just pure personal speculation?
Not pure speculation as I am pulling these items from published articles from reputable sources but also not confirmed as I don't think anyone knows for sure. I'm surprised nobody has challenged me on any the items.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:36 AM   #5
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
263
Rep
1,999
Posts

Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
I visited the dealer today and because my car was code 112 for a Jan 2nd production it couldn't be delayed. They did agree to cancel the order and I will re-order once we have a firm SOP for MY18. I have multiple personal reasons that I dont want to go to Germany in February, not just so as I can get the LCI version.
I can think of many reasons not to go to a Germany in the Winter.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2016, 12:56 AM   #6
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
I visited the dealer today and because my car was code 112 for a Jan 2nd production it couldn't be delayed. They did agree to cancel the order and I will re-order once we have a firm SOP for MY18. I have multiple personal reasons that I dont want to go to Germany in February, not just so as I can get the LCI version.
I can think of many reasons not to go to a Germany in the Winter.
Dealer called me today and said they can't cancel the order and that I might have to take delivery in Jan/Feb. For 5% off I'm going to Germany winter or not. I guess ill find out tomorrow if they'll swallow the order as a demo or not.
__________________
Speed-NYC_________________________________________________
Current: 2018 BMW F36 440ix Gran Coupe AT, Tanzanite, 2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT, Titanium Silver
Previous:1998 BMW E36 328i Coupe AT, Blue; 1996 BMW E36 323i MT, Orient Blue; 1992 BMW E36 318i MT, Slate Grey; 1973 Ford Cortina XL, Copper
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
Tommy_hf
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
40
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: F36 CQ M, Z4 E85 3.0iS MSL SC
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

LCI F36 will have:
Chrome bits in the trim as F30 LCI.
Ambient light panel surrounding radio and climate controls.
LED headlights and new taillights.
As well as LCI bumpers (non-M sport).

As of november the pre-LCI gets:
Idrive 5.0 with OTA and apple carplay capability.

The LCI style climate panel is already in the pre-LCI cars.
B38, B48 and B58 engines have made their way into the F36 since februari 2016.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
243
Rep
699
Posts

Drives: 328
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: AB

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
Dealer called me today and said they can't cancel the order and that I might have to take delivery in Jan/Feb. For 5% off I'm going to Germany winter or not. I guess ill find out tomorrow if they'll swallow the order as a demo or not.
Why would they have to swallow it as a demo if you don't take delivery of it? They can swallow it as new inventory.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #9
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
Dealer called me today and said they can't cancel the order and that I might have to take delivery in Jan/Feb. For 5% off I'm going to Germany winter or not. I guess ill find out tomorrow if they'll swallow the order as a demo or not.
Why would they have to swallow it as a demo if you don't take delivery of it? They can swallow it as new inventory.
they were saying it was so unique with individual paint and leather and also being fully optioned that it would be hard to sell. I kind of feel bad about it now and might just take it
__________________
Speed-NYC_________________________________________________
Current: 2018 BMW F36 440ix Gran Coupe AT, Tanzanite, 2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT, Titanium Silver
Previous:1998 BMW E36 328i Coupe AT, Blue; 1996 BMW E36 323i MT, Orient Blue; 1992 BMW E36 318i MT, Slate Grey; 1973 Ford Cortina XL, Copper
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
exl_ent_v6
BMW-Noob
exl_ent_v6's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
they were saying it was so unique with individual paint and leather and also being fully optioned that it would be hard to sell. I kind of feel bad about it now and might just take it
in the tri-state area? fuck them. they'd probably sell it in 5 min... (i've lived there i know from my dealership experiences nearby that loaded models go quick)
__________________
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport
- Glacier Silver - Premium Pkg - Tech Pkg - Driver Assistance Plus - ACC - HK Sound - Heated Seats - M-Performance Grills
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #11
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by exl_ent_v6 View Post
in the tri-state area? fuck them. they'd probably sell it in 5 min... (i've lived there i know from my dealership experiences nearby that loaded models go quick)
Actually BMW Manhattan have been great. They are taking the car into their inventory and letting me put my order on hold until the LCI is ready to order.

I've been a really difficult customer, changing my order several times and then eventually cancelling it, and they have bent over backwards to make sure I'm happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 12:56 PM   #12
exl_ent_v6
BMW-Noob
exl_ent_v6's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
Actually BMW Manhattan have been great. They are taking the car into their inventory and letting me put my order on hold until the LCI is ready to order.

I've been a really difficult customer, changing my order several times and then eventually cancelling it, and they have bent over backwards to make sure I'm happy.
no that's great. i actually mean "f-them" as in their telling you lies if they don't sell loaded up cars... haven't heard anything bad about them myself but I only dealt with Habberstad out on LI.

glad to hear of the outcome!
__________________
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport
- Glacier Silver - Premium Pkg - Tech Pkg - Driver Assistance Plus - ACC - HK Sound - Heated Seats - M-Performance Grills
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
bmw-again
Second Lieutenant
bmw-again's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
296
Posts

Drives: 17 440xi GC-08 X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Dealer told me today they will stop taking orders for 17's on January 23rd. They told me I can order 17 440 right now or wait a couple of weeks and get the 18. Not sure yet what I am going to do.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-again
Dealer told me today they will stop taking orders for 17's on January 23rd. They told me I can order 17 440 right now or wait a couple of weeks and get the 18. Not sure yet what I am going to do.
Production stops Feb 21 then nothing until July 1. I'm waiting, it's killing me but in a couple of years when a few months doesn't seem so long I'll think it was a pretty smart move. Plus euro delivery in Feb is not ideal.
__________________
Speed-NYC_________________________________________________
Current: 2018 BMW F36 440ix Gran Coupe AT, Tanzanite, 2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT, Titanium Silver
Previous:1998 BMW E36 328i Coupe AT, Blue; 1996 BMW E36 323i MT, Orient Blue; 1992 BMW E36 318i MT, Slate Grey; 1973 Ford Cortina XL, Copper
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 12:11 AM   #15
fxie
Private First Class
fxie's Avatar
5
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 2014 AW F31 MSport, 2014 M235i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
Production stops Feb 21 then nothing until July 1. I'm waiting, it's killing me but in a couple of years when a few months doesn't seem so long I'll think it was a pretty smart move. Plus euro delivery in Feb is not ideal.
Production for MY2018 will start in March, confirmed by my dealers as well as in another thread on the forums here. So...you should still be good to make that order From what I understand dealers should be receiving their price guides for MY18 mid-January.
__________________
2014 Alpine White F31 M Sport | M Performance
2014 Sapphire Black M235i
Appreciate 2
      12-30-2016, 12:13 AM   #16
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-NYC View Post
Production stops Feb 21 then nothing until July 1. I'm waiting, it's killing me but in a couple of years when a few months doesn't seem so long I'll think it was a pretty smart move. Plus euro delivery in Feb is not ideal.
Production for MY2018 will start in March, confirmed by my dealers as well as in another thread on the forums here. So...you should still be good to make that order From what I understand dealers should be receiving their price guides for MY18 mid-January.
Really? That's very good news.
__________________
Speed-NYC_________________________________________________
Current: 2018 BMW F36 440ix Gran Coupe AT, Tanzanite, 2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT, Titanium Silver
Previous:1998 BMW E36 328i Coupe AT, Blue; 1996 BMW E36 323i MT, Orient Blue; 1992 BMW E36 318i MT, Slate Grey; 1973 Ford Cortina XL, Copper
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #17
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxie View Post
Production for MY2018 will start in March, confirmed by my dealers as well as in another thread on the forums here. So...you should still be good to make that order From what I understand dealers should be receiving their price guides for MY18 mid-January.
According to the leak thread it is july.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...highlight=my18

Where are you reading March?

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 03:46 AM   #18
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I found it

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...5#post20993015
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:42 AM   #19
bmw-again
Second Lieutenant
bmw-again's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
296
Posts

Drives: 17 440xi GC-08 X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

That is the same memo my CA showed me yesterday. Hey speed-nyc if you dont mind PM what you negotiated off MSRP. My dealer is already giving me that well the 4 series gc is such a hot item we dont have much to play with. Which is complete BS they say they are very hard to get and I should just take a 430. Yeah OK whatever you say.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #20
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-again
That is the same memo my CA showed me yesterday. Hey speed-nyc if you dont mind PM what you negotiated off MSRP. My dealer is already giving me that well the 4 series gc is such a hot item we dont have much to play with. Which is complete BS they say they are very hard to get and I should just take a 430. Yeah OK whatever you say.
5% off total msrp + 5% more off base msrp for ED + MPPSK and grill near PIA invoice with installation (can't do PIA with ED)
__________________
Speed-NYC_________________________________________________
Current: 2018 BMW F36 440ix Gran Coupe AT, Tanzanite, 2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT, Titanium Silver
Previous:1998 BMW E36 328i Coupe AT, Blue; 1996 BMW E36 323i MT, Orient Blue; 1992 BMW E36 318i MT, Slate Grey; 1973 Ford Cortina XL, Copper
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:27 PM   #21
bmw-again
Second Lieutenant
bmw-again's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
296
Posts

Drives: 17 440xi GC-08 X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

thanks man I am going to hit them hard next week on a 17 and see what happens with it. Really not sure if I want to wait for 18 as I will have to extend my lease to wait on delivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #22
Speed-NYC
First Lieutenant
Speed-NYC's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2018 440ix Gran Coupé
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Westchester County NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-again
thanks man I am going to hit them hard next week on a 17 and see what happens with it. Really not sure if I want to wait for 18 as I will have to extend my lease to wait on delivery.
If they won't play then there are always other dealers.
__________________
Speed-NYC_________________________________________________
Current: 2018 BMW F36 440ix Gran Coupe AT, Tanzanite, 2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT, Titanium Silver
Previous:1998 BMW E36 328i Coupe AT, Blue; 1996 BMW E36 323i MT, Orient Blue; 1992 BMW E36 318i MT, Slate Grey; 1973 Ford Cortina XL, Copper
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST