F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > F30 318d safe tuning (?)
European Auto Source

06-25-2017, 05:47 AM   #1
Ilias_f30
Registered
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318d

Send a message via Skype™ to Ilias_f30
F30 318d safe tuning (?)

Hello everybody,

I own an F30 318d (143ps/320Nm) for over a year now and although the car is not slow, you can't tell it's fast either! And since selling it and buying a new one is out of the question for the time, the only way remaining is tuning it!
Or should I not? - I wouldn't wanna miss my car's motor credibility either!! So, I'm looking for a truly reliable way to make it happen....

And while I see lot's of 320s, 330s and higher being tuned on the web (mainly on youtube), my model that needs more power than the models above, is well missed from all forums and tubes!

And here are my choices:

My first and most probable choice: Racechip Tuning
Racechip seems to be the most famous chip tuning company. Costs something like 500 and gives a theoretical boost of 34ps + 80Nm. Easy to install and easy to uninstall if problems occur. The only bad thing here is that I read a couple of adds selling these chips, which makes me thinking it twice: does it really deliver power without problems or not? - why are people selling it?

Second choice: DTE Chip Tuning
A friend mentioned about them and claims that they are way better than Racechip. They claim a little less power boost 28ps + 66Nm, while costing 40% more (700), but they are supposed to be more credible in reliabilty and actual power delivery.

Third choice: ECU tuning
This seems to be the least credible choice: playing with your BMW's head-unit is not a joke! Regardless that, I see that quite many people dare it! But what happens then? Will the car keep a fair reliability for the years to come?? Who knows!? This is my last choice and while I do believe it is the least wise to do, I also believe that it is the one choice that does deliver most power to feel in the car....

Can anyone advise me please??
Thank you all,
Ilias.
Appreciate 0