F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > x40i delays
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
RustyBitz
Captain
RustyBitz's Avatar
United Kingdom
262
Rep
831
Posts

Drives: 340i Shadow Edition SO
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cheshire Cat

iTrader: (0)

x40i delays

Hey,

Creating a thread after various thread about models with the x40i being delayed.

How delayed are peopleís orders?

I will kick off, just to be delivered wk41, last Friday I was told wk43 by the dealership tonight genius has told me to speak to the dealership as the delivery date has slipped even further.
__________________
CURRENT
340i M Sport Shadow Edition Sunset Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
TodmordenLad
Captain
TodmordenLad's Avatar
United Kingdom
232
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 440i GC LCI
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

5 week delay for mine from initial genius dates. Went from 1100 to 1200 back to 1100. No idea why .... and nor does my dealer
EDIT: 440i GC
__________________
Current: 440i GC LCI. Previously owned: F31 330D M Sport+ with PPK, F11 530D SE, F11 520D SE, E61 530D M Sport, E36 325i plus a host of MB's, Audis & Volvos too numerous to mention
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
mikeoz
Major
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
235
Rep
1,336
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport, ACS+MPPK
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Anyone know what the issue is?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
RIKO_440i
Private First Class
18
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: F36 440i MPPSK
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LalaLand

iTrader: (0)

Mine still on schedule week 42 production and delivery week 43
Checked today with genius and dealer
Car is 440i GC
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
RustyBitz
Captain
RustyBitz's Avatar
United Kingdom
262
Rep
831
Posts

Drives: 340i Shadow Edition SO
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cheshire Cat

iTrader: (0)

Last week Thursday/Friday it was 5100 - Bodyshop start
__________________
CURRENT
340i M Sport Shadow Edition Sunset Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #6
Vasumir
New Member
1
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

440i here. Ordered May, dealer said they had allocation so I could collect September 1st. This was then delayed till week 40 build 43 deliver. Email last Friday from dealer telling me my car was going to be built this week. Checked Monday, status 1200 and it's now week 42 build 45 deliver. Over 2 months in total delays so far...

Oh I emailed the dealer as soon as I found out about the latest delay on Monday, I've not had a response from them yet...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 05:36 AM   #7
RIKO_440i
Private First Class
18
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: F36 440i MPPSK
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LalaLand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasumir View Post
440i here. Ordered May, dealer said they had allocation so I could collect September 1st. This was then delayed till week 40 build 43 deliver. Email last Friday from dealer telling me my car was going to be built this week. Checked Monday, status 1200 and it's now week 42 build 45 deliver. Over 2 months in total delays so far...

Oh I emailed the dealer as soon as I found out about the latest delay on Monday, I've not had a response from them yet...
Hope you asked for a nice compensation for the delay
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 06:01 AM   #8
Southern Jay
Private First Class
Southern Jay's Avatar
United Kingdom
24
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: F30 320D MSport Xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Reading

iTrader: (0)

Genius informs me build week 45 for delivery week 48, originally was week 43 delivery
__________________
Current:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 06:10 AM   #9
RIKO_440i
Private First Class
18
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: F36 440i MPPSK
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LalaLand

iTrader: (0)

Am I the only one that hasnít been delayed? ..... I was hopping for a slight delay so I can get freebies of the dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 06:51 AM   #10
ischemic
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 435d Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

I've been delayed 3 weeks but on a 435d GC.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
Rhino at Work
Lieutenant
Rhino at Work's Avatar
141
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: EB F30 340i Shadow Edition
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKO_F33 View Post
Am I the only one that hasnít been delayed? ..... I was hopping for a slight delay so I can get freebies of the dealer
You're not the only one.

I've always been week 40 build (i.e. this week) and Genius last night was still saying it's going into build this week. All this talk of delays does make me nervous though.
__________________
Current: EB F30 340i Shadow Edition with even more toys
Previous: EB F30 330d xdrive with lots of toys
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #12
JonBk
First Lieutenant
JonBk's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: 430d M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Co. Durham

iTrader: (0)

My original order was due for delivery last week in august, that slipped to first week of november. Ive since took the oportunity to change my order which has seen me have further delays but that was my own doing.

My order reverted from 1200 back to 1100 and was told that these delays where to do with all M Sport models not just x40i engines
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #13
Vasumir
New Member
1
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKO_F33 View Post
Hope you asked for a nice compensation for the delay

I did in the email to them Monday, hinting heavily that it may impact my choice of where I buy the mppsk and body kit parts from, as well as future purchases if I don't. They have so far not responded at all.
If I haven't had a response by the weekend I'm tempted to go to the dealership Saturday and make a scene in front of all the prospective buyers.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #14
RIKO_440i
Private First Class
18
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: F36 440i MPPSK
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LalaLand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasumir View Post
I did in the email to them Monday, hinting heavily that it may impact my choice of where I buy the mppsk and body kit parts from, as well as future purchases if I don't. They have so far not responded at all.
If I haven't had a response by the weekend I'm tempted to go to the dealership Saturday and make a scene in front of all the prospective buyers.
If mine gets delayed then I will ask for the m performance kit
If they say no then I cancel the order and they get stuffed
Because after the news today of the decline in Q3 this year on sales Q4 will have even bigger discounts and possibly 0% finance like they started to offer already on some models
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #15
TodmordenLad
Captain
TodmordenLad's Avatar
United Kingdom
232
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 440i GC LCI
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBk View Post
My original order was due for delivery last week in august, that slipped to first week of november. Ive since took the oportunity to change my order which has seen me have further delays but that was my own doing.

My order reverted from 1200 back to 1100 and was told that these delays where to do with all M Sport models not just x40i engines
Interesting
If delays apply to all M Sport models, it may well be down to issues with supplies of wheels and/or exterior trim.
My understanding is that BMW, like most modern manufacturers, make very little themselves, apart from engine block, chassis and body panels, choosing to source from thirds instead. With supplies being provided just in time, with little or no stock held at the plant, any interruption in the supply chain can be very disruptive.
Anyway, who knows!?
__________________
Current: 440i GC LCI. Previously owned: F31 330D M Sport+ with PPK, F11 530D SE, F11 520D SE, E61 530D M Sport, E36 325i plus a host of MB's, Audis & Volvos too numerous to mention
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #16
Vasumir
New Member
1
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKO_F33 View Post
If mine gets delayed then I will ask for the m performance kit
If they say no then I cancel the order and they get stuffed
Because after the news today of the decline in Q3 this year on sales Q4 will have even bigger discounts and possibly 0% finance like they started to offer already on some models
Cancelling the order has crossed my mind, purely because of how annoyed I am with the dealer. However, I got roughly £11600 off the list price when I ordered. The most I seem to be able to get at the moment is £9500. So I don't really want to do that as it will cost me the price of the mppsk if I do! I'll keep an eye out on the discounts though, just in case that does change.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
RustyBitz
Captain
RustyBitz's Avatar
United Kingdom
262
Rep
831
Posts

Drives: 340i Shadow Edition SO
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cheshire Cat

iTrader: (0)

Shall we name the dealerships in question or keep stum until they arrive then name them?
__________________
CURRENT
340i M Sport Shadow Edition Sunset Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #18
xenon
Major General
xenon's Avatar
England
330
Rep
6,185
Posts

Drives: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coventry

iTrader: (0)

How is it the dealerships fault? They place the order through the portal to the factory - if the factory production schedule changes then as frustrating as it may be it's not the dealer's fault.
__________________
Ian
Current: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+
Previous: 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 1
Rukka1179

      10-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #19
225
Colonel
665
Rep
2,555
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasumir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKO_F33 View Post
If mine gets delayed then I will ask for the m performance kit
If they say no then I cancel the order and they get stuffed
Because after the news today of the decline in Q3 this year on sales Q4 will have even bigger discounts and possibly 0% finance like they started to offer already on some models
Cancelling the order has crossed my mind, purely because of how annoyed I am with the dealer. However, I got roughly £11600 off the list price when I ordered. The most I seem to be able to get at the moment is £9500. So I don't really want to do that as it will cost me the price of the mppsk if I do! I'll keep an eye out on the discounts though, just in case that does change.
How is a factory delay a dealers fault? Keeping you informed and as much as possible happy is I agree but bar hassling bmw and maybe trading a build slot not alot more they can do.

Going in demanding 2k or what ever worth of body kit due to factory delay isnt going to get you anywhere I would say.

Appreciate it's v annoying and frustrating and how they handle delays is a key part but cancelling an order seems daft to me as you just have to 're order and go further back down the queue!
Appreciate 1
Rukka1179

      10-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #20
HighlandPete
Major General
1434
Rep
8,856
Posts

Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
How is it the dealerships fault? They place the order through the portal to the factory - if the factory production schedule changes then as frustrating as it may be it's not the dealer's fault.
Similar thinking, BMW often move cars forward, as well as delays.

I sense not too many on here have experience of manufacturers juggling production, having part shortages, or delivery issues. I had a Vauxhall car go missing on delivery from the Opal factory. Ended up in a compound, damaged. Neither Vauxhall, or the dealer, could locate it for over a week. Getting a new car had to start all over again.

We've had delays on production dates with VW, on simple things like tyres. One model was even withdrawn from production during the ordering process, due to a technical issue. Nothing the dealer could do about it, the model didn't exist anymore until further notice by VW. Dealers have little input, unless the manufacturers declare their hand.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #21
Vasumir
New Member
1
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
How is a factory delay a dealers fault? Keeping you informed and as much as possible happy is I agree but bar hassling bmw and maybe trading a build slot not alot more they can do.

Going in demanding 2k or what ever worth of body kit due to factory delay isnt going to get you anywhere I would say.

Appreciate it's v annoying and frustrating and how they handle delays is a key part but cancelling an order seems daft to me as you just have to 're order and go further back down the queue!
Depends on whether you feel they have mislead you from the start. If they've promised a date they know they can't keep, I'd say it's their fault. Not saying that's what has happened, but the excuses I've been given since discovering the delay make me wonder.
The more annoying thing is the lack of communication regarding the delays in the first instance. I wouldn't have known about the initial delay to my car had I not asked for the AG number to track it myself.
Then as I've mentioned, after discovering the latest delay, I've received zero response from the dealership after raising this with them.
I'm well aware sometimes things can't be helped, but over two months of delays seems ridiculous.
I never said I was going to demand 2k worth of body kit. I did hint in my email to them that I wouldn't be purchasing that or the mppsk from them should I not feel I've been treated well.
I've certainly not demanded anything though.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #22
xenon
Major General
xenon's Avatar
England
330
Rep
6,185
Posts

Drives: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coventry

iTrader: (0)

I agree - 2 months delay is exceptional.
__________________
Ian
Current: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+
Previous: 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST