F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Forced installed options
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
xlover
Captain
No_Country
173
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Had an interesting situation when I picked up my car today (was a factory order) in addition to the port installed options I did want the car arrived with a few extra port installed options I did not spec, they were def not on the VIR from the order day. This is what the port added extra:
Stainless pedals
First aid kit
Floor liners
Wheel locks
License plate frame

Dealer made it right and is going to take it up with bmwna, but how does that happen, Port staff just decides "you know what this car is missing....." and adds it
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
494
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

I get the principle, but I also don't understand making an issue out of mostly removable/easily reversible parts. Did you not want them that bad?

It should be pretty obvious that they just installed it on the wrong car. Someone else is probably upset that they received a car spec'd like yours without those options. It happens.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
xlover
Captain
No_Country
173
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I get the principle, but I also don't understand making an issue out of mostly removable/easily reversible parts. Did you not want them that bad?
Because they are port installed they are not removable from the sticker price... the options are now fully part of the vehicle. The dealer cannot just take the options off. I mean maybe $240 for winter floor mats or $120 for wheel locks or an absurd $50 for a license plate frame is meaningless dollars to you but my general ethos is when I buy something to get the best price I can for it or at min not overpay. I put an order in specifically so the car would be how I wanted it. Kind of defeats the purpose of a factory order if bmw adds another $900 in port installled options most of which were nonsense accessories.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
494
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Ah, i didn't realize it was reflected on the price. I thought you just found the options in your car. I only assumed because that happened to me, but i just didn't say anything to the dealer lol.

Good luck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #5
DrifterX
Captain
DrifterX's Avatar
Canada
238
Rep
830
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Uhh... BMW USA should eat that cost because it wasn't exactly ordered to your spec. It may take a month or so of back n forth but they will agree eventually.

Stay persistent
__________________
2016 340i M Sport | ///MPPSK | 6MT | RWD | Fully Loaded
Appreciate 1
kern417493.50

      12-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
xlover
Captain
No_Country
173
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Ah, i didn't realize it was reflected on the price. I thought you just found the options in your car. I only assumed because that happened to me, but i just didn't say anything to the dealer lol.

Good luck.
Ha i wish they did just appear... that would have been great. I would have loved extra free stuff..

my bigger question was how the port can override the order and add stuff because they "feel like it"

just to put this in context my frustration level is like a 3 out of 10 so not boiling temper... more mild annoyance
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #7
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
494
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Ha i wish they did just appear... that would have been great. I would have loved extra free stuff..

my bigger question was how the port can override the order and add stuff because they "feel like it"

just to put this in context my frustration level is like a 3 out of 10 so not boiling temper... more mild annoyance
Yeah i gotcha, but I wouldn't say they added stuff "because they felt like it."

The problem is a lot of accessories are packaged in kits, then sequenced, then brought to the assembly area in a specific order. It's actually more impressive at how frequently things are delivered correctly imo. But it's fairly easy for mistakes to be made, but the grouping of accessories/paperwork will be delivered together. Who knows, someone could have entered a digit wrong in your ordering guide and boom, 5 additional options.

It's a simple manufacturing mistake and I wouldn't expect it to take much work to get it corrected, especially if you have your ordering paperwork. Regardless, the dealer should hold to the agreed upon sales price.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
88
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: 440xi Gran Coupe!!!!
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kind of obvious!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Had an interesting situation when I picked up my car today (was a factory order) in addition to the port installed options I did want the car arrived with a few extra port installed options I did not spec, they were def not on the VIR from the order day. This is what the port added extra:
Stainless pedals
First aid kit
Floor liners
Wheel locks
License plate frame

Dealer made it right and is going to take it up with bmwna, but how does that happen, Port staff just decides "you know what this car is missing....." and adds it
That is interesting! I have always had the dealer throw in(without my asking) a set of rubber floor mats in addition to the carpet mats and the wheel locks.

Usually they try and put a dealer branded license plate frame on at delivery to, but I stop them before that happens! The pedal install is really weird. I dislike those and would not be happy about getting them, let alone paying for them!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #9
goj
Brigadier General
goj's Avatar
United_States
1639
Rep
3,039
Posts

Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

The pedals are cool the first aid kit isn't that useful.

Everything else I got for "free" with my car
__________________
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission
Appreciate 1
kern417493.50

      01-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #10
MUFCbmwbear
1. Man Utd 2. BMW 3. Beer
MUFCbmwbear's Avatar
United_States
156
Rep
863
Posts

Drives: 17 340i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

BMWna should make this right for you. If your order sheet you signed off on doesnt match the sticker upon delivery you have every right to want that corrected and should be done so without hesitation.
Each Port installed item has its own code, no bundles, that can be entered up to a few days of port delivery. This is done via computer at the dealership in the system.
Oh and I'd ask for the pedals to remain for free for your troubles
__________________
'17 340i MT
Prior M235i/E92 M3/135i
CHICAGO
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #11
xlover
Captain
No_Country
173
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCbmwbear View Post
BMWna should make this right for you. If your order sheet you signed off on doesnt match the sticker upon delivery you have every right to want that corrected and should be done so without hesitation.
Each Port installed item has its own code, no bundles, that can be entered up to a few days of port delivery. This is done via computer at the dealership in the system.
Oh and I'd ask for the pedals to remain for free for your troubles
The dealer took care of me, I posted in the deals thread, I paid the original invoice agreed on so got to keep the crap for free. The pedals do look nice but another thing I am going to need to clean in the spring after all the winter salt and sand.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #12
DrifterX
Captain
DrifterX's Avatar
Canada
238
Rep
830
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
The dealer took care of me, I posted in the deals thread, I paid the original invoice agreed on so got to keep the crap for free. The pedals do look nice but another thing I am going to need to clean in the spring after all the winter salt and sand.
Glad it worked out - how do the pedals feel? I was seriously eying them when my dealer was offering "employee pricing" for them.
__________________
2016 340i M Sport | ///MPPSK | 6MT | RWD | Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
xlover
Captain
No_Country
173
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
The dealer took care of me, I posted in the deals thread, I paid the original invoice agreed on so got to keep the crap for free. The pedals do look nice but another thing I am going to need to clean in the spring after all the winter salt and sand.
Glad it worked out - how do the pedals feel? I was seriously eying them when my dealer was offering "employee pricing" for them.
Are they supposed to feel different? They look pretty nice especially when they were clean when I picked up the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #14
DrifterX
Captain
DrifterX's Avatar
Canada
238
Rep
830
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
The dealer took care of me, I posted in the deals thread, I paid the original invoice agreed on so got to keep the crap for free. The pedals do look nice but another thing I am going to need to clean in the spring after all the winter salt and sand.
Glad it worked out - how do the pedals feel? I was seriously eying them when my dealer was offering "employee pricing" for them.
Are they supposed to feel different? They look pretty nice especially when they were clean when I picked up the car.
Most pedals have a fairly flat surface but the M Performance pedals have protruding rubber sections... I was wondering if you lose any grip because of that and the stainless steel material. Or if it feels weird at all through your shoes (unless you wear shoes that have a thick sole)
__________________
2016 340i M Sport | ///MPPSK | 6MT | RWD | Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST