F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > coding out the SOS Emergency Call Malfunction
ARMA SPEED

03-28-2023, 08:01 PM   #1
SteelCT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive; 2020 X3

coding out the SOS Emergency Call Malfunction

Can anyone guide me to what settings I need to change with BimmerCode to get rid of this error? My 2014 f30 was 3G and not upgraded, so the system can’t work anyway. I’ve seen a couple of different directions, but none of them match my settings or options. Unfortunately the hood folks over at BimmerCode weren’t able to help either.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 08:20 AM   #2
aridaen
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i, BMW 335i

Do you get any specific error codes? I had this issue and had "ECALL (Emergency Call) 1 problem exist 1.B7F31A Emergency Call Button: Open Circuit" and an error about the microphone circuit open.

My problem was caused by lots of water getting in my 2015 f30 through the firewall at the wiring harness grommets. I tried everything to get rid of the malfunction through coding without success. I finally decided to see if I could diagnose it. It turned out to be that the connector for the upper switch cluster, located at the outside front corner of the front seat was corroded. If that's not your issue, check with a dealer to see if a 4G upgrade is available. I got a letter from them for my 5 series stating that there was no upgrade available for it, which means that there are updates for other models. HTH.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 08:54 AM   #3
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

I looked up some notes on the forums in the past on the SOS. Excuse the dump, but something in here may be of help:

D916C3 No message (status, Emergency Call, 0x2C3) receiver FEM - CBX-ECALL transmitter (info)

Edit FA, under HO-Wort section, Add "TELD", and then use it to VO Code Kombi. adding TELD. This disables the telecommunications box.

Edit FA, under HO-Wort section, Add "TELD", and then use it to VO Code Kombi..
The way to fix SOS malfunction was:
Edit FA and add ''TELD'', then VO code Kombi.
Then changed in Kombi 3004 - ST_ECAL_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv; ST_ECAL_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
But it was not enough. Then I coded with new FA Combox (CBX-MEDIA and CBX -ECALL) and CiC.

Can someone confirm if the code in Salapa-Element 6AC is for the Ecall please. Wich ecu is to be coded after removing this 6AC. Also looking to disable the teleservices true the VO Coding,

=======================

MISC other ideas:
Remove 6AC and 6AE VO code the following modules

HU_NBT/HU Even if you apply the VO code to your head unit, your SOS button is still going to work so I suggest that you disconnect your TCB/ATM/CMB_ECALL module as well. You're likely going to see an SOS Error whenever you start the car so you will likely need to delete TCB/ATM/CMB_ECALL from your SVT to fully make it error free.
I just removed 6AC and disconnected the module in the boot, as you described i now have a error message in the dashboard. I looked and found ATM module in the SVT but there are allot of codes in it not only for the Ecall 6AC. Please advice what to delete and how to.
Wait, you have ATM? hmm, I don't know if disconnecting it would be a good idea because HU_NBT2 gets the GPS data from ATM now so if you disconnect it, your navigation will not know your location. You could run a new GPS antenna directly to the head unit to bypass ATM and enable the port via FDL coding but it's going to be a little more work.

It would have been much easier if you had a TCB. Your best option at this point would probably be to have BMW disable the SIM card as Teepee mentioned. With an inactive SIM card, your SOS button will not work when you press it and when you go to ConnectedDrive, it will just ask you to call the number from your phone instead of "Start Service"
Maybe you could disable just your SIM-card in the ATM with Ista. Using the function "triggering ECU" I saw the option SIM-card active / inactive or so - as far I remember. This could be the best option for your goal. Probably the BMW dealer would do the same.

==============================

The ConnectedDrive SOS error D916C3 is because I do not have any "SOS" equipment which was enabled by default when I VO coded 6NR BMW ConnectedDrive. I already FDL coded where the "SOS function does not work" message does not show up under the "Vehicle Status" menu on the CID screen.

KOMBI => ST_ECAL_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv
KOMBI => ST_ECAL_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
HO-word TELD to the VO and code CMB_MEDIA and KOMBI.
TCM_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_aktiv
TCM_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_aktiv

editing whatever FA you use for coding, then remove option 612, 633, or 639

But a D916C3 error in ISTA+ is still there, I think because the SOS hardware is not there.
That error is due to an incorrect MOST configuration saved to the car. The MOST ring isn't broken, but the ISTA/D software expects to find your interface box and it's obviously no longer there.

You can resolve this by updating the FA and VCM in the car, but this has other effects as well. If you can deal with the inaccurate errors then you can just leave it. Otherwise, you can read the SVT from the ECU's to get a list of actual installed ECU's, select 'Update VCM after TAL execution', and code a module. This will write what's actually installed to your VCM and ISTA will no longer look for modules that aren't there.
Read SVT returns the list of ECU's stored in VCM. Read ECU's actually queries the system buses, and returns the list of ECU's based on what it finds.
This will also make the car no longer reflect what BMW's service system expects, so you might run into issues there as well if you're still under some BMW warranty or you generally take your car to the dealer for service.
Coded:
SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER --> Nicht_aktiv
GPS_FROM_NAVI --> aktiv
ADAS_GPS --> Nicht_aktiv
TELMATIK_ECU --> Nicht_aktiv
Permanent fix:?
But the Combox is built into the NBT.I can access the Internet, run BMW Apps and access all the Online services just fine.
The media portion is but for Teleservices, you need a Telematics combox. Which is why you have a green HSD connector on your NBT for the Telematics combox USB.

The Telematics combox has a built in SIM Card and IMEI number that's needed to register with BMW assist so it's pretty much a 3G Telephone.
I looked at some official BMW Training documents on NBT and it seems like for all vehicles equipped with NBT, there's something called a Telematics Communication Box (TCB) which replaces the Telematics Combox and it is needed to have all of the features below functioning:

6AC Intelligent Emergency Call
6AE Teleservices
6AK Connected Drive Services
6AM Real-Time Traffic Information
6AN Concierge Services
6AP Remote Services

The TCB also has a IMEI and a SIM card just like the Telematics Combox.I think if anyone from Canada or the US with a 2014 F3x who retrofits NBT from ENTRY will lose BMW assist as the telematics combox isn't compatible with NBT.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=940949
You do not have a TCB. If you had a TCB, it would be connected to the NBT on the green USB connector. BMW Live works of bluetooth tethering, BMW Online works over TCB connection. Do you have data connection active on your phone pairing? In the NBT, look in connections, select you phones pairing, and go to options. Make sure data connection is active for the pairing.
9C has nothing to do with TCB. If Head Unit has 9C FSC Code, it can have BMW Apps Enabled via Coding. VIN of TCB matters for Subscription Services such as RTTI, etc.
VIN of TCB and NBT should match to keep connected drive services of TCB. If VIN not matched NBT VIN is used for all services but Remote will not work. If NBT VIN is authorised for RTTI and TCB SIM is active then RTTI will work.
https://www.bmw.cc/en/topics/offers-...rive-info.html
      04-03-2023, 03:45 PM   #4
Cytoplasm0671
Armchair Aristocrat
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT

Good lord
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 07:54 PM   #5
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Going to bump this For Future Reference for Anyone..

Did a Nbt REtrofit and this was the last Error standing Thanks to these Notes I have Fixed the Issue..
"Remove 6AC and 6AE VO code the following modules HU_NBT and HU_KOMBI....