F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Melanina's Inspiring RNC Speech...

07-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White

Talking Melanina's Inspiring RNC Speech...

"I'd like to thank Copy and Paste, aka Michelle Obama, for all of my inspiration!"

LMFAO!!!
      07-19-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
backhill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 - B6 S4

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/19/486599...-other-sources
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #3
ScottSinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

If your going to plagiarize at least don't copy from the wife of the person your husband is bad mouthing - it just not becoming from someone with an architectural design degree or whatever B.S. they made up.

The more I think about it, it's almost a sign of admiration to plagiarize someone you admire, to lift from someone who's your foe is goofy.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhill View Post
No kidding. People are screaming from heartache and dying from hunger all across the globe and this is news.
      07-19-2016, 03:43 PM   #5
ScottSinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
No kidding. People are screaming from heartache and dying from hunger all across the globe and this is news.
What are you suggesting, people shouldn't play golf ?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

The question is: who's hotter delivering the same speech? I think we all know the answer.
      07-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #7
csu87
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Easier to get upset about 2 sentences in a 17 minute long speech than to actually use your brain to think.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
What are you suggesting, people shouldn't play golf ?
That got a chuckle out of me. If it were team hillary guy or gal in the same limelight it would bore me the same. People have leaned on words since the invention of the pencil.

Michelle's? Hers? IDGAS.
      07-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #9
mojobmw_e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Rumor has it the same person who wrote Michelle's speech wrote mels
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #10
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I guess people got to hear Michelle Obama's words ...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #11
fecurtis
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"
-Melanina Trump
      07-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #12
JohnnyCanuck
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

Never thought I would ever agree with anything David Frum ever wrote ... then again: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...atters/492038/
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Trump’s wife joins Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden as accused plagiarists. Even Michelle Obama was accused of plagiarizing part of her own 2008 DNC speech.

Barack Obama: “Don’t tell me words don’t matter.” As then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) surpassed Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, largely on the strength of his oratory, Clinton said that Obama’s record was “just words.” Obama responded in a speech whose refrain was lifted from then-Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. The Obama campaign did not even bother to refute the claim. Instead, it circulated examples of lines that it said Clinton herself had borrowed from Obama. The left media defended Obama, saying that he had not committed plagiarism, but merely, at worst, “poor footnoting.”[…]

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/m...#ixzz4Et7EQEld
      07-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #14
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Trump’s wife joins Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden as accused plagiarists. Even Michelle Obama was accused of plagiarizing part of her own 2008 DNC speech.

Barack Obama: “Don’t tell me words don’t matter.” As then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) surpassed Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, largely on the strength of his oratory, Clinton said that Obama’s record was “just words.” Obama responded in a speech whose refrain was lifted from then-Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. The Obama campaign did not even bother to refute the claim. Instead, it circulated examples of lines that it said Clinton herself had borrowed from Obama. The left media defended Obama, saying that he had not committed plagiarism, but merely, at worst, “poor footnoting.”[…]

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)
      07-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #15
fecurtis
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I wouldn't read too much into this. Was it appropriate? No. Was it plagiarism? Yeah. Will anyone care outside from late night talk show hosts? Not really.

Just enjoy the comedy fodder and on to the next thing, because aside from the chuckle, who honestly gives two fucks about a speech from a potential first lady?

If it indicates that a campaign is mismanaged or otherwise not ready to handle a general election, they'll be much more obvious warning signs than a few sentences from a speech that no one really even cared to listen to.
      07-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #16
nholmes
Track Whore
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M

That Rick roll though
      07-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #17
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I wouldn't read too much into this. Was it appropriate? No. Was it plagiarism? Yeah. Will anyone care outside from late night talk show hosts? Not really.

Just enjoy the comedy fodder and on to the next thing, because aside from the chuckle, who honestly gives two fucks about a speech from a potential first lady?

If it indicates that a campaign is mismanaged or otherwise not ready to handle a general election, they'll be much more obvious warning signs than a few sentences from a speech that no one really even cared to listen to.
How ugly both teams get from now until one crosses the finish line should be fodder alright.
      07-19-2016, 04:41 PM   #18
jgoens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post

Right...after a few minutes of watching her, because she's hot,I fell asleep. When I woke up a bit later the anchors were only talking about how she copied Obama.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #19
Outlaw M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Not sure why everyone's surprised -- writing an original speech is hard work and English isn't her first language so someone wrote this for her. Shame on them putting her in this position.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 05:02 PM   #20
fecurtis
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw M3 View Post
Not sure why everyone's surprised -- writing an original speech is hard work and English isn't her first language so someone wrote this for her. Shame on them putting her in this position.
I think she's getting a hard time because I think she said she wrote the speech.
      07-19-2016, 05:26 PM   #21
ScottSinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Figured she'd use her own words to describe what her family meant to her.
Wasn't like she was invoking some deep rhythmic verse you'd admire for future reference.
Figured that architectural degree proved she had her head wrapped around the English language.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #22
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
If your going to plagiarize at least don't copy from the wife of the person your husband is bad mouthing - it just not becoming from someone with an architectural design degree or whatever B.S. they made up.

The more I think about it, it's almost a sign of admiration to plagiarize someone you admire, to lift from someone who's your foe is goofy.
EXACTLY!

And boy does Drumph love to call Hillary a liar...

But here we have he and his own wife and presumptive first lady, lying about her "college education". Which has been proven false. She dropped out as a freshman for goodness sake:
http://gawker.com/trump-campaign-lies-about-melania-trumps-nonexistant-co-1783912735
Appreciate 0