F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Worst Mass Shooting in US History Last Night! 50 Killed! ORLANDO, FL
GetBMWParts

06-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White

Exclamation Worst Mass Shooting in US History Last Night! 50 Killed! ORLANDO, FL

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...club-shooting/

This is beyond sad and devastating! I can NOT even begin to fathom the hundreds of family and loved ones this effected by this.
Prayers and comfort to them. And YES, unfortunately, the suspect had and used a "high-powered assault weapon".

Quote:
Orlando, Florida (CNN)Fifty people were killed inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other officials said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
At least 53 more people were injured, Mina said. Police have shot and killed the gunman, he told reporters.

"It's appears he was organized and well-prepared," the chief said, adding that the shooter had an assault-type weapon, a handgun and "some type of (other) device on him."
Officials warned that a lengthy investigation was ahead, given the number of victims and the scope of the violence.
The shooter is not from the Orlando area, Mina said. He has been identified as Omar Saddiqui Mateen, 29, of Fort Pierce, about 120 miles southeast of Orlando, two law enforcement officials tell CNN.
Orlando authorities said they consider the violence an act of domestic terror. The FBI is involved. While investigators are exploring all angles, they "have suggestions the individual has leanings towards (Islamic terrorism), but right now we can't say definitely," said Ron Hopper, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI's Orlando bureau.
Obama briefed on Orlando shooting
Authorities are also looking into the possibility the attack was a hate crime, a law enforcement source told CNN.
Our hearts break for the victims and families of this horrific act of violence. We stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ community in #Orlando.
GLAAD (@glaad) June 12, 2016

"There's blood everywhere," U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson told reporters. "There's an enormous amount of evidence to be collected."
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said he had declared a state of emergency for the city and has requested the governor do the same for the state.

Before Sunday, the deadliest shootings in U.S. history were at Virginia Tech in 2007 and Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, with 32 and 27 killed.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 06-12-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

ya just woke up and checked my txt and saw this. sighs...itll never end

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
vsix
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

WTF?

Just heard it.. what the fuck....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #4
iamwingman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m4

Religion of peace.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #5
Zugzwang
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d m sport.

Damn terrorists.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
vsix
Major
No_Country
Rep

We are in the middle of a war. We just need to understand that...
Instead of having blood's & cribs and all kind of gangs, we should have an united wall against terrorism.

But I know, them brothers & sisters reading also my lines and will overthink their strategy.
Get together and fight against the real enemy!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

This... Right after the unrelated sudden and tragic planned shooting and murder of singer Christina Grimmie in Orlando just the other day!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...cert/85741008/
      06-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #8
vsix
Major
No_Country
Rep

TMZ reports:

Islamic radical...

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/06/12...htclub-murder/
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #9
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

Absolutely surreal...

Quote:
The gunman was Omar Mateen, an American citizen living in Port St. Lucie, Fla., federal law enforcement officials said.

The killer stormed the Pulse nightclub armed with an assault rifle and a handgun — investigators were still looking into the possibility that he had explosives, as well — at about 2 a.m., when more than 300 people were inside dancing and drinking, said John Mina, the Orlando police chief.

The gunman exchanged fire with an off-duty police officer working security at the club, then mowed down dozens of patrons, sending hundreds of others, some of them bleeding, fleeing down the darkened streets of the surrounding neighborhood.

The gunman holed up inside with dozens of people effectively held hostage, some of them hiding in a restroom frantically calling for help, until after 5 a.m., when the police, using an armored vehicle and stun grenades, assaulted and killed him. The raid saved about 30 people, Chief Mina said.
      06-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #10
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Wow....the amount of pain created for all the families in one moment.

Life is fragile.

These damn savages...and by that I mean exclusively the terrorists.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

I'm shocked ! Thinking back on Brussels airport attack as well !

God bless their souls..
Attached Images

06-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #12
vsix
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Absolutely surreal...
Sounds like freaking horror movie.
That just makes me so said...

Edit:
Shocked, may our lord bless their souls!
unbelievable....
Appreciate 3
      06-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #13
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
The incident is being investigated as an act of terrorism. Mir Seddique, Mateen's father, told NBC News, "this has nothing to do with religion." Seddique said his son got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a couple of months ago and thinks that may be related to the shooting.
For what we know now, seems like the guy was just a massive homophobe, could be due to religion or just a personal hatred. Insane that someone could do something like this.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...gunman-n590446

It goes on with a condemnation from the local Muslim community:

Quote:
"We condemn this monstrous attack and offer our heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones of all those killed or injured. The Muslim community joins our fellow Americans in repudiating anyone or any group that would claim to justify or excuse such an appalling act of violence," the Council on American-Islamic Relations Orlando Regional Coordinator Rasha Mubarak said in a statement.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #14
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
Sounds like freaking horror movie.
That just makes me so said...
Exactly. All senseless deaths such as this are so sad if even 1 death. But this many people??? Shot at once in the same place?

The thing is... Police were in a terrible jam due to the fact that the assailant not only had multiple weapons, but he was holding hostages, it was probably dark inside the club, and he was firing on police which may have even caused friendly fire to harm victims.
      06-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #15
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
For what we know now, seems like the guy was just a massive homophobe, could be due to religion or just a personal hatred. Insane that someone could do something like this.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...gunman-n590446

It goes on with a condemnation from the local Muslim community:
Exactly. I'm watching CNN Live and as of now, NO claim from ISIS at all yet. And you know those fuggers are quick to take responsibility.
      06-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #16
te37
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

Shot and killed, should have been captured and tortured.

Prayers!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #17
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

Here is this evil filth: Omar Saddiqui

06-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #18
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

Thumbs down

Leave it to one of our "fear mongering, hateful, narcissistic political figures" here in Texas to tweet out some shit like this:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Te...at-8076147.php

Quote:

A "reap what you sow" tweet from Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick that went out hours after approximately 50 people were killed at a Florida LGBT nightclub has been deleted amid backlash.

At precisely 7 a.m. Sunday Dan Patrick tweeted a photo with the words of Galatians 6:7. The verse reads, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

The Twitterverse circled the tweet, commenting that it was inappropriate and insensitive considering the context of the day's events. The Texas Democratic Party called for Patrick to apologize.

"Tweeted as new breaks of mass casualties at a gay nightclub. Vile," one Twitter user said. "Have you no shame?"

Allen Blakemore with Patrick's office told the Dallas Morning News that the tweet was prescheduled and not a reaction to the shooting, noting, "This was certainly not done with any fore knowledge of the events of the day."

Another verse was tweeted from the account 30 minutes later, this time from Psalm 37:39, which reads, "The Salvation of the righteous come from the Lord; He is their stronghold in time of trouble."

A Houston Chronicle request for comment was not immediately returned Sunday morning.

Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa issued a statement offering thoughts and prayers to the LGBTQ community.

"Hate and violence have no place in America," he said. "Unfortunately, Texans in mourning for our families in Florida woke up to an embarrassment from their lieutenant governor. Lt.Gov Dan Patrick, please apologize immediately. Make this right. We are better than this."

Orlando Police Chief John Mina says authorities have not determined an exact number of people killed, but that "approximately 50" have died.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Danny Banks says the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. He says authorities are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Mina says the shooter was armed with an assault-type rifle, a handgun and some type of suspicious device. Police had said previously on Twitter that there was a "controlled explosion" at the scene of the shooting at Pulse Orlando. Mina says that noise was caused by a device intended to distract the shooter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
I truly hope that this sorry bastard is publicly ridiculed and forced out of office after this! He and MANY Texas lawmakers are the reason why so many outside of Texas believe we are all backwoods, ignorant cowboys.

We are NOT!
      06-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #19
bbbbmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

ISIS apparently announced three days ago that Florida would be an attack target.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...hree-days-ago/
      06-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #20
bbbbmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Leave it to one of our "fear mongering, hateful, narcissistic political figures" here in Texas to tweet out some shit like this:

Quote:

A "reap what you sow" tweet from Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick that went out hours after approximately 50 people were killed at a Florida LGBT nightclub has been deleted amid backlash.

At precisely 7 a.m. Sunday Dan Patrick tweeted a photo with the words of Galatians 6:7. The verse reads, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

The Twitterverse circled the tweet, commenting that it was inappropriate and insensitive considering the context of the day's events. The Texas Democratic Party called for Patrick to apologize.

"Tweeted as new breaks of mass casualties at a gay nightclub. Vile," one Twitter user said. "Have you no shame?"

Allen Blakemore with Patrick's office told the Dallas Morning News that the tweet was prescheduled and not a reaction to the shooting, noting, "This was certainly not done with any fore knowledge of the events of the day."

Another verse was tweeted from the account 30 minutes later, this time from Psalm 37:39, which reads, "The Salvation of the righteous come from the Lord; He is their stronghold in time of trouble."

A Houston Chronicle request for comment was not immediately returned Sunday morning.

Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa issued a statement offering thoughts and prayers to the LGBTQ community.

"Hate and violence have no place in America," he said. "Unfortunately, Texans in mourning for our families in Florida woke up to an embarrassment from their lieutenant governor. Lt.Gov Dan Patrick, please apologize immediately. Make this right. We are better than this."

Orlando Police Chief John Mina says authorities have not determined an exact number of people killed, but that "approximately 50" have died.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Danny Banks says the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. He says authorities are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Mina says the shooter was armed with an assault-type rifle, a handgun and some type of suspicious device. Police had said previously on Twitter that there was a "controlled explosion" at the scene of the shooting at Pulse Orlando. Mina says that noise was caused by a device intended to distract the shooter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
I truly hope that this sorry bastard is publicly ridiculed and forced out of office after this! He and MANY Texas lawmakers are the reason why so many outside of Texas believe we are all backwoods, ignorant cowboys.

We are NOT!
It's not like the tweet referenced the shooting, and his office said it was pre-scheduled ahead of the events today (he sends out a bible verse tweet just about every Sunday). Seems like a reasonable explanation - why so upset? And it's not a reason to take a broad swipe at other Texas politicians, etc.
      06-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #21
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
ISIS apparently announced three days ago that Florida would be an attack target.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...hree-days-ago/
I wouldn't take ANYTHING from this "Hard Right" propaganda info site:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit

Quote:
The Gatewood Pundit is a hard-right website that spends most of the day complaining about Barack Obama and liberals, and the occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists. It is a fairly popular blog, allegedly getting 4-5 million views each month, once again proving that being popular doesn't necessarily make you right.
      06-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #22
vsix
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

We are NOT!
You guys are NO backwoods!
Appreciate 0