F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Mother Teresa: Hell's Angel
European Auto Source

03-13-2015, 10:44 PM   #1
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Mother Teresa: Hell's Angel

Not a saint but a sociopath?
Did she enjoy watching people suffer and die unnecessarily?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #2
Lups
Major General
Rep
Drives: Peter II

Thank you Grim, this was very interesting.
      03-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post

Not a saint but a sociopath?
Did she enjoy watching people suffer and die unnecessarily?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
It boggles my mind why either of you would give this "documentary," if you really want to call it that, any objective credibility whatsoever.

Christopher Hitchens was one of the most militant atheists of his time and had no love for anything related to the Catholic Church.

And you really think Mother Teresa enjoyed watching people suffer? She devoted her life to helping the poor, and somehow her morality is open to question? I guess people nowadays are inclined to create a scandal out of anything...

For the record, Hitchens' character assassination of Teresa was widely acknowledged (by both the left and the right) to have been born out of his vehement secularism and hatred for religion:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/10/for...ic-review.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/08/mo...er-teresa.html

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/cr...-awe-of-hitch/
      03-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

^
I don't know, I'm just skeptical of these supposed saints eg. Nelson Mandela (terrorist), Gandhi (http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/ind...de-of-gandhi/#) - just a bunch of narcissists who don't mind putting themselves through hell for their ego masquerading as 'principle'.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sure,
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
Lups
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
It boggles my mind why either of you would give this "documentary," if you really want to call it that, any objective credibility whatsoever.

Christopher Hitchens was one of the most militant atheists of his time and had no love for anything related to the Catholic Church.

And you really think Mother Teresa enjoyed watching people suffer? She devoted her life to helping the poor, and somehow her morality is open to question? I guess people nowadays are inclined to create a scandal out of anything...

For the record, Hitchens' character assassination of Teresa was widely acknowledged (by both the left and the right) to have been born out of his vehement secularism and hatred for religion:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/10/for...ic-review.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/08/mo...er-teresa.html

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/cr...-awe-of-hitch/
I remember writing it was interesting, not that it is the long lost proof of all things evil.

Personally I've always considered everyone who is against birth control and abortions as evil beings.
      03-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I'll wager a bet that Mother was against ARTIFICIAL forms of birth control, does she still make the list of evil beings? I've heard abstinence is 100% effective
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 12:04 AM   #8
Dalko43
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I remember writing it was interesting, not that it is the long lost proof of all things evil.

Personally I've always considered everyone who is against birth control and abortions as evil beings.
Okay...the first statement you made in bold doesn't really match up with the second one. You do or you don't think Mother Teresa was evil?

And to classify someone as evil for having religious objections, or secular ones, to abortion is a very narrow-minded way to approach life. I consider someone who has an opinion on abortion to be a human being expressing his/her views...which is pretty normal. If you want evil, spare us your self-righteous analysis of abortion and go look at ISIS' torture of prisoners.

Quote:
^
I don't know, I'm just skeptical of these supposed saints eg. Nelson Mandela (terrorist), Gandhi (http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/ind...de-of-gandhi/#) - just a bunch of narcissists who don't mind putting themselves through hell for their ego masquerading as 'principle'.
Okay, but being skeptical of a supposed saint and labeling that person a heartless sociopath are two every different things.

If you want to have a mature conversation on credibility of someone's sainthood, fine go ahead. But you were making some very gratuitous statements with hardly any evidence to back them up....also known as trolling.
      03-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #9
Lups
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Okay...the first statement you made in bold doesn't really match up with the second one. You do or you don't think Mother Teresa was evil?

And to classify someone as evil for having religious objections, or secular ones, to abortion is a very narrow-minded way to approach life. I consider someone who has an opinion on abortion to be a human being expressing his/her views...which is pretty normal. If you want evil, spare us your self-righteous analysis of abortion and go look at ISIS' torture of prisoners.
Well as a female, I see this differently. There probably is a thread for that too, but in general, anyone who is willing to take sex life away from me because the joys of it are seen as something not meant for me, I see them as evil beings.

Also I deal daily with people who have kids they can't deal with. I see the kids suffering. I see parents that are high instead of being just people high.

This may make my view of the world narrow, but it sure makes it easier for me to deal with the hurt I see.
      03-19-2015, 02:13 AM   #10
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Okay, but being skeptical of a supposed saint and labeling that person a heartless sociopath are two every different things.

If you want to have a mature conversation on credibility of someone's sainthood, fine go ahead. But you were making some very gratuitous statements with hardly any evidence to back them up....also known as trolling.
She is only portrayed and deified as a saint by western media.. but further in-depth examination might show she is just 'collecting' ill and dying people without actually helping them. If these people are actually helped, rather than just being used to pad the saint's numbers and further her own agenda..
My point is you cannot just look at the way something is portrayed without examination the fact of the matter on the ground, which more often than not is simple case of personal power-building and self interest.

Specifically why is mother teresa a sociopath? Because a normal person is not attracted to suffering and death - they are repulsed by it. What objective does it fulfill to collect them to die in her "hospices" rather than on the street, not spend a dime on them when they are treatable - to make fame for herself.
Just look at the film of her moving, does that look like the movement of a caring, genuine human being. It looks like a person (sociopath) with ulterior motives.

People look at Mandela and see a freedom fighter, a person of the highest ideals.
I see a simple, violent, intransigent narcissist (in the clinical definition of the word) who ended up in jail because he was killing people for his ideal (which happened to be right, but that does not detract from his character, which places his supposed 'ideals' above the lives of people black and white) and by the luck of history survived to re-enter a world which happened now to correspond to his proclaimed ideals.
He did nothing for the country, rather basking in his holy, exalted status. His preached "forgiveness" for the former transgressors was simply a form of fear of reprisal for his own multiple sins for which he was originally incarcerated.

He did not even met the standards of Gandhi who preceded him, in terms of non-violence.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #11
Dalko43
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well as a female, I see this differently. There probably is a thread for that too, but in general, anyone who is willing to take sex life away from me because the joys of it are seen as something not meant for me, I see them as evil beings.

Also I deal daily with people who have kids they can't deal with. I see the kids suffering. I see parents that are high instead of being just people high.

This may make my view of the world narrow, but it sure makes it easier for me to deal with the hurt I see.
1) I don't see what having an anti-abortion (pro-life) stance has to do with interfering with someone else's sex life.

2) You really think it would be better if certain kids who have a hard life would be better off had they been aborted (dead) rather than being born into this world? Not only is that a very callous and narrow-minded stance, but you're also arrogantly assuming that your view makes sense for other peoples' situations.

Honestly, if it were possible to take a poll of all these "troubled" kids who you think should have been aborted, I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of them would rather be alive than be dead. But I'm just speculating..

For the record, I too encounter and deal with troubled/disadvantaged kids on a daily basis, but I never think to myself:"these kids would be so much better off had they been aborted during their mother's pregnancy."

I hope you realize the depravity of what you have said. If not, enjoy living in your little self-aggrandized world that has nothing to do with reality.
      03-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #12
Lups
Major General
Rep

Quote:
1) I don't see what having an anti-abortion (pro-life) stance has to do with interfering with someone else's sex life.

2) You really think it would be better if certain kids who have a hard life would be better off had they been aborted (dead) rather than being born into this world? Not only is that a very callous and narrow-minded stance, but you're also arrogantly assuming that your view makes sense for other peoples' situations.

Honestly, if it were possible to take a poll of all these "troubled" kids who you think should have been aborted, I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of them would rather be alive than be dead. But I'm just speculating..
You win, I have no energy to go deeper into this. Well done sir.
      03-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #13
Dalko43
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
She is only portrayed and deified as a saint by western media.. but further in-depth examination might show she is just 'collecting' ill and dying people without actually helping them. If these people are actually helped, rather than just being used to pad the saint's numbers and further her own agenda..
My point is you cannot just look at the way something is portrayed without examination the fact of the matter on the ground, which more often than not is simple case of personal power-building and self interest.

Specifically why is mother teresa a sociopath? Because a normal person is not attracted to suffering and death - they are repulsed by it. What objective does it fulfill to collect them to die in her "hospices" rather than on the street, not spend a dime on them when they are treatable - to make fame for herself.
Just look at the film of her moving, does that look like the movement of a caring, genuine human being. It looks like a person (sociopath) with ulterior motives.

People look at Mandela and see a freedom fighter, a person of the highest ideals.
I see a simple, violent, intransigent narcissist (in the clinical definition of the word) who ended up in jail because he was killing people for his ideal (which happened to be right, but that does not detract from his character, which places his supposed 'ideals' above the lives of people black and white) and by the luck of history survived to re-enter a world which happened now to correspond to his proclaimed ideals.
He did nothing for the country, rather basking in his holy, exalted status. His preached "forgiveness" for the former transgressors was simply a form of fear of reprisal for his own multiple sins for which he was originally incarcerated.

He did not even met the standards of Gandhi who preceded him, in terms of non-violence.
Once again, a whole lot of rhetoric and gratuitous claims with little to no fact to back it up.

It is widely known Mandela was an active fighter against the apartheid regime. I don't think that this negates all of his accomplishments for South Africa as it transitioned out of Apartheid, but if you think otherwise, I'd like to see you make a mature and well-researched argument proving such.

And you still haven't at all explained how Mother Teresa may have qualified to have been labeled a 'sociopath.'

Last edited by Dalko43; 03-19-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #14
Dalko43
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You win, I have no energy to go deeper into this. Well done sir.
There was no logic in the creation of this thread nor in the 'issues' it has covered since its inception. So trust me when I say, I don't feel like I've won in anyway whatsoever.
Lups559

03-20-2015, 04:05 AM   #15
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Once again, a whole lot of rhetoric and gratuitous claims with little to no fact to back it up.

It is widely known Mandela was an active fighter against the apartheid regime. I don't think that this negates all of his accomplishments for South Africa as it transitioned out of Apartheid, but if you think otherwise, I'd like to see you make a mature and well-researched argument proving such.

And you still haven't at all explained how Mother Teresa may have qualified to have been labeled a 'sociopath.'
You're not seeing what I'm seeing.. but it doesn't seem like you want to understand, so I'll spare both of us the effort.
If Mandela did not exist the same thing still would have happened..
Well if you can't see what I see in the video.. good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #16
nagisak31
Rep
Drives: m235i

Wow you're such a dumbass grimlock...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 05:41 AM   #17
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep