F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > M-Sport F30 335i Gets Bilstein Coilovers
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
693
Rep
11,337
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
M-Sport F30 335i Gets Bilstein Coilovers

This beautiful Alpine White M-Sport 335i is a perfect example of an OEM+ styled car. Retaining a factory-like look, this F30 features a list of subtle modifications that work together to give the car a sportier, more aggressive look. Bilstein PSS10 coilovers give this 335i it's dialed-in lowered ride height, while Macht Schnell wheel spacers give a wide stance. BMW Performance parts include an exhaust system with M logo tips, a carbon fiber rear spoiler and carbon fiber mirror caps. IND painted kidney grilles and painted reflectors give this M-Sport its finishing touches.



Modifications
Bilstein PSS10 Coilover System
BMW Performance Exhaust System
BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
IND Painted Cosmetic Package
Macht Schnell Competition Wheel Spacers (10mm Front, 15mm Rear)



























__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Olympic Lifting Junkie
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
1280
Rep
13,630
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

His car is very clean!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Presario
Major
Presario's Avatar
United_States
111
Rep
1,054
Posts

Drives: 2016 435 GC
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (2)

Justin aka JNLBC's car. Car's done right! Great job EAS!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
tiltmode43's Avatar
United_States
219
Rep
1,312
Posts

Drives: JB E84 xDrive28i & IB E85 Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (8)

Great work, guys!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
f80
Brigadier General
f80's Avatar
722
Rep
4,293
Posts

Drives: 8ο/3ο
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: FL

iTrader: (9)

Tastefully modded. Well done.
__________________
///f80 AW/SO 6MT | f30 | e92 | tt | S5 | e92 | 350z | e90 |
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
261
Rep
3,675
Posts

Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Seeing that i am local to you guys, how much for the bilstein set and spacers?

Can you please PM me Kevin ?!
Looking for a xmas or bday present for myself...

Thanks in advance


ultimately, this is what i am looking for to do:
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
Blacked out 2013
Private
United_States
0
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i,Msport,tech pck,19"
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockbridge, GA

iTrader: (0)

I would also like to get a quote on these coil overs and spacers for my 2013 335i. You can respond here or pm me. Does the ride quality change at all?
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 335i sedan, black sapphire Metallic
,M Sport w/ 19" 403M wheels,premium pkg,tech pkg,paddle shifters,heated seats,black kidney grilles, ,mini spoiler,M performance rocker panel decals
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
.BMW.
Brigadier General
.BMW.'s Avatar
Sweden
502
Rep
3,697
Posts

Drives: BMW F11
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #9
JNM3
Major
JNM3's Avatar
145
Rep
1,498
Posts

Drives: Moonstone F80 ///M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacked out 2013 View Post
I would also like to get a quote on these coil overs and spacers for my 2013 335i. You can respond here or pm me. Does the ride quality change at all?
The ride quality does change, but with a quality coil over like these the dampeners help a lot. I have them adjusted to 4 front/3 rear for now and that seems to be a good happy medium. As I left EAS, I left them at 5/5 and it was bearable but a bit too stiff for daily driving.

Overall, it is definitely a more stiff ride than stock which is to be expected. I'm happy it still rides comfortably with much better handling. I could turn them down to a softer setting and it would probably feel like stock but then I would sacrifice handling.

I've had cars on springs/stock dampeners, coilovers slammed on their lowest setting, and a 350z track with the stiffer suspension out of the factory. At the current setting, it feels a lot like my 350z stock. If you are just going for looks I would probably just go with H&R Sport Springs. For handling and the ability to adjust height and dampening these are great.

I actually track my car so it's nice to have the adjustability for street -> track and to be able to dial in comfort for daily driving. I bought a higher end coilover for a reason, I figured since I am paying a decent amount for the car to begin with, anything I added needed to fit accordingly.
__________________
-Justin N.
IG: @MoonstoneM3
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Dinh335
Major
293
Rep
1,111
Posts

Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNLBC View Post
The ride quality does change, but with a quality coil over like these the dampeners help a lot. I have them adjusted to 4 front/3 rear for now and that seems to be a good happy medium. As I left EAS, I left them at 5/5 and it was bearable but a bit too stiff for daily driving.

Overall, it is definitely a more stiff ride than stock which is to be expected. I'm happy it still rides comfortably with much better handling. I could turn them down to a softer setting and it would probably feel like stock but then I would sacrifice handling.

I've had cars on springs/stock dampeners, coilovers slammed on their lowest setting, and a 350z track with the stiffer suspension out of the factory. At the current setting, it feels a lot like my 350z stock. If you are just going for looks I would probably just go with H&R Sport Springs. For handling and the ability to adjust height and dampening these are great.

I actually track my car so it's nice to have the adjustability for street -> track and to be able to dial in comfort for daily driving. I bought a higher end coilover for a reason, I figured since I am paying a decent amount for the car to begin with, anything I added needed to fit accordingly.
Looks great.. Which version of the bilsteins did u get ?
__________________
2015 Tanzanite Blue M3 /19 silver/exec/SS full leather/hk/cams/6speed
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
AMJAM
Captain
AMJAM's Avatar
Australia
16
Rep
947
Posts

Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: What is the Matrix

iTrader: (0)

Looking good
__________________
2013 Alpine White 328I M Sport ARRIVED
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
Presario
Major
Presario's Avatar
United_States
111
Rep
1,054
Posts

Drives: 2016 435 GC
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
Looks great.. Which version of the bilsteins did u get ?
PSS10 B16.
__________________
F36 435i * MINERAL GREY * ///M Performance
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
F30_JC
Second Lieutenant
F30_JC's Avatar
35
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: BSM F30 MSport
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Moar Low
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
261
Rep
3,675
Posts

Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Next time you go track your car, would you mind letting me know so i may tag along ?

Thanks for the useful Info!

Are you saying the H&R are more confortable as DD while giving the look?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
144
Rep
3,007
Posts

Drives: '15 550xi M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Looks great. I was on the fence with those 19's and ended up sticking with the 18's on mine, may change eventually to M5 reps or something.. But those 19's seem to look the best on white, especially with your ride height.

Pardon my ignorance here, but how easy is it to adjust the coil overs afterwards? I have heard the only reason not to do this on an x-drive car is that the suspension will wear out faster due to the angle with x-drive. Can anyone confirm that, or what the negatives are? I don't really buy BMW's excuse about ride height for better ground clearance in the snow.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
ll71
Private First Class
3
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: F30 320D xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: GB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Seeing that i am local to you guys, how much for the bilstein set and spacers?

Can you please PM me Kevin ?!
Looking for a xmas or bday present for myself...

Thanks in advance


ultimately, this is what i am looking for to do:
What wheels are those?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
Sedan_Clan
Olympic Lifting Junkie
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
1280
Rep
13,630
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll71 View Post
What wheels are those?
BBS LM's.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
Sedan_Clan
Olympic Lifting Junkie
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
1280
Rep
13,630
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post

Are you saying the H&R are more confortable as DD while giving the look?
The H&R Sport's are very comfortable and will provide the look.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
cjack
Second Lieutenant
cjack's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 435Xi, EBII, 6MT, PPK
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Sweet!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
693
Rep
11,337
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
His car is very clean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presario View Post
Justin aka JNLBC's car. Car's done right! Great job EAS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Great work, guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Tastefully modded. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss0803 View Post
Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJAM View Post
Looking good
Thanks for all the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Looks great. I was on the fence with those 19's and ended up sticking with the 18's on mine, may change eventually to M5 reps or something.. But those 19's seem to look the best on white, especially with your ride height.

Pardon my ignorance here, but how easy is it to adjust the coil overs afterwards? I have heard the only reason not to do this on an x-drive car is that the suspension will wear out faster due to the angle with x-drive. Can anyone confirm that, or what the negatives are? I don't really buy BMW's excuse about ride height for better ground clearance in the snow.
To adjust the coil overs you need to take the tire off to turn the adjustable collar up or down. Not too hard of a process. In all of the XI cars we have done we havent seen any with premature suspension wear.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #21
JNM3
Major
JNM3's Avatar
145
Rep
1,498
Posts

Drives: Moonstone F80 ///M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_JC View Post
Moar Low
LOL... as much as I like slammed cars, I had to move on from that and have a more daily drivable and functional car. At this height, its perfect for track and DD. I've had cars that you could barely fit your hand under the front lip and it gets old fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Next time you go track your car, would you mind letting me know so i may tag along ?

Thanks for the useful Info!

Are you saying the H&R are more confortable as DD while giving the look?
From what I've seen and heard the H&R Sport are pretty comfortable and give a nice mild stance. Moving into Super Sport its a bit more stiff and is going to be bumpier since the dampeners are not designed for that ride height. There are a couple SoCal guys running Super Sport that seem to like them. Hopefully running Spring Mountain in Dec, that will most likely be the next time I hit the track. Typically they don't allow passengers for my skill level (I usually run in beginner groups for now).
__________________
-Justin N.
IG: @MoonstoneM3
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Olympic Lifting Junkie
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
1280
Rep
13,630
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNLBC View Post
LOL... as much as I like slammed cars, I had to move on from that and have a more daily drivable and functional car. At this height, its perfect for track and DD. I've had cars that you could barely fit your hand under the front lip and it gets old fast.



From what I've seen and heard the H&R Sport are pretty comfortable and give a nice mild stance. Moving into Super Sport its a bit more stiff and is going to be bumpier since the dampeners are not designed for that ride height. There are a couple SoCal guys running Super Sport that seem to like them. Hopefully running Spring Mountain in Dec, that will most likely be the next time I hit the track. Typically they don't allow passengers for my skill level (I usually run in beginner groups for now).

Well stated!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST