F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Update: ACF Flash Tuned Pure Stage 1 Mustang Dyno-379rwhp/411tq
GetBMWParts

09-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 164 MPH SO FAR

Garage List
Update: ACF Flash Tuned Pure Stage 1 Mustang Dyno-379rwhp/411tq

Finally the exciting (well for me) time and release of my results of my retune and new setup.

Why ACF flash? Well the Enzo solution did not work for me. From the flash tune setup to the dyno numbers not making the exact claims. I got tired going back and forth and receiving conflicting information about tuning a stage 1 turbo, and only to find out another member with the exact same setup with a stage 1 turbo was told something completely different to tune his. I feel like I was put on a back burner especially after being one of the 1st ones to flash with them and drop $1200 to get that type of service and tuning advice, helping them with amazing reviews as well. I saw enough. Time for me to walk away. My car is not just any car "its my car" and being told different things each time and how to set it up makes me question the organization there and the BMW line dedication. Good luck and peace out.

On to the retune and ACF;
ACF has some of the worlds most powerful N55 and S55 cars and their knowledge of tuning the F platform and carefully helping me setup my car has just been a total deciding factor. They made BMW their crown jewel, their bread and butter.
Alex the head of North American operations has just been spectacular to work with. World class service and constant catering and updates. My car has 1st class treatment and tuning so far. Ricardo's knowledge of these F series cars is amazing and hes just awesome to talk to and is very passionate about tuning these cars. With them now expanding operations to U.S. I could not wait to work with them.

Anyway this is not a crap talk thread or shi% starter thread I just am expressing my experience and what I went through. There is much more but better left alone and clean thread.

On to the good stuff now.
We sat down and drew up what I wanted and what I though was best and we went off of that. Sure they suggested a PS2 but the cost of and me not being sure how long I'll retain my 335i a stage 1 @ $805 was just enough for me. And not one regret

Since I was already flash tuned by Enzo we used their tune as a base. And in all fairness cant really compare these dyno's one has a bigger turbo obviously so I just needed and base line and more then anything I needed to see what the car on the Enzo flash did.

We dynoed the enzo flash 3 runs and I will post the best one.
We dynoed the PS1 and ACF flash 7 times and fine tuned it. I will also post the best dyno chart from that as well. I will mention that the car loved to hover aorund 373-374rwhp but the best we saw was 379rwhp/411rwtq on a mustang dyno that mad me very very happy.

I will also note that we ran the very 1st dyno run on flash only and it made;
354rwhp/406rwtq. I dont have this dyno yet, Komet did not send me all 7 logs yet. But I will update this thread as I get them.

So we decided it was time to turn things up a notch. Time to custom tune map 6 as JB4 offers fueling flexibility that just cant be had with any flash yet. We need BM3 to the their flash and OBD capability launched so we can do it all via flashing

Recap:
1. Enzo Dyno-313rwhp/363rwtq corrected
2. ACF flash only-354rwhp/406rwtq
3. ACF flash JB4 stack-379rwhp/411rwtq

The 1st dyno chart is Enzo
The 2nd dyno charts are ACF tune with PS1 turbo

Mods are as follows
ACF Pure Stage 1 specific tune
JB4 stacked
ER-catless DP
ER-chargepipe
GFB DV+
S55 spark plugs
BMS oil cooler

I feel like we could have made 8-9 more hp had we had a drop in filter, a pure inlet (oem is restrictive) and perhaps some type of muffler (I have OEM). We also ran into oem 2.5 bar t map maxing out so I ordered an N20 3.5 bar. But I am very very pleased with the results, and much more to come....

And I know this is a mustang dyno and it's not favored but it's all I have access to. I know it's the heartbreaker dyno but my heart wasn't broken that day at all I'm super happy with what the turbo upgrade did. This car is totally transformed!

Attached Images

Last edited by Dejan_; 09-19-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 435i FBO ENZO S2

Atta boy!!

My Build Thread can be found HERE

My ENZO Performance Tune updates HERE
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
Presario
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 GC

Damn!!!! Sweet! Can't wait for the results!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presario
Damn!!!! Sweet! Can't wait for the results!!!
Tuner wants to put together something this weekend so they asked me not to get. Stage 1 is definitely worth it to me it's made this car entirely different.
      09-17-2016, 12:08 PM   #5
drive335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6MT Sport

Nice! Are you MWG or EWG?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #6
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive335
Nice! Are you MWG or EWG?
MWG. I think the results will be posted tomorrow. Just waiting on my friend to button up all their packages before I release any data.

But on the mustang "heartbreaker" dyno we were very pleased with the results for a stage 1 turbo, flash only was good but map 6 turned it up to a whole different level.

I ran into T map issues with the oem n55 2.5 bar limiting the boost otherwise I think with the N20 3.5 bar it could have made some extra hp.

Pure Stage 1 showed us what its capable of and it really likes to hold boost on MWG. It's exactly what the car needed for such a reasonable price .
      09-19-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
theEZV
Private First Class
Russia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM 335i M Sport

Weren't you tuned by Enzo before? What made you make the switch?
      09-19-2016, 11:36 AM   #8
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEZV
Weren't you tuned by Enzo before? What made you make the switch?
Yes. Well numerous things. The fact that their tune didn't make the advertised power. The tune itself how it was structured. They bought the maps a year and a half ago from Europe and passed them off as their own and they weren't.

Constantly being told conflicting things by them, being told I can use the existing flash with a stage 1 turbo and it will compensate for it. Complete bull, then they turn around and tell another stage 1 turbo member he must re flash his car and use JB4 as a boost controller (we have exact same mods per Bolton) That made me wash my hands and walk away.

I'm with people that actually care and get back to you in a timely manner instead of feeling like I'm a nuisance with my questions and future plans. After dropping $1200 with them and help put them on N55 flash tune map with nothing but positive reviews after the group buy a year and a half ago I'd figured we deserve a little bit more.

You guys can google things about tuners and you'd be surprised what you find. Just saying. I'll leave it at that.
      09-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #9
theEZV
Private First Class
Russia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM 335i M Sport

Sorry to hear. Looking forward to seeing your numbers.
      09-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #10
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEZV
Sorry to hear. Looking forward to seeing your numbers.
Thanks, Me too. Putting the content all together will post it today.
      09-19-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
F30_SixSpeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue F30 M Sport

Sub'd 😁
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2016, 11:34 PM   #12
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Atta boy!!

And may I add that I made 8 more rwtq then you on your ENZO tuned Pure stage 2 lol uhhhmmmmm cough cough time for a retune sir. Get your rear down here to Chicago and lets get things done There's alot more in that PS2 left that needs to be easily squeezed out. Alex promises he won't keep your car for 4 months either like the other folks did .

Last edited by Dejan_; 09-19-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2016, 11:55 PM   #13
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235xi

Nice! Do you plan on running the car at the 1/4 mile? Looking forward to seeing some time slips!

Glad you are happy with your tune
      09-20-2016, 12:03 AM   #14
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
Nice! Do you plan on running the car at the 1/4 mile? Looking forward to see some time slips!

Glad you are happy with your tune!
Yes for sure. I'm in desperate need of drag radials now, it'll be fun. I Won't see your low 11 times lol . with meth maybe I can do some high 11's. I'm glad your tuning at least worked out for you. Your car is set up and quick.
      09-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #15
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_
Quote:
Nice! Do you plan on running the car at the 1/4 mile? Looking forward to see some time slips!

Yes for sure. I'm in desperate need of drag radials now, it'll be fun. I Won't see your low 11 times lol . with meth maybe I can do some high 11's. I'm glad your tuning at least worked out for you. Your car is set up and quick.
I have the same backend flash as ronanz and just took the f series n55 1/4 mile world record so I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the Enzo flash. Ronanz has his jb4 setup for pump gas and no supporting fuel mods, the only difference in our setups is the port injection kit and my jb4 settings.

That being said its always nice to see other options and I'm glad the ACF solution works for you! Looking forward to more updates!
      09-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #16
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_
Quote:

I have the same backend flash as ronanz and just took the f series n55 1/4 mile world record so I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the Enzo flash. Ronanz has his jb4 setup for pump gas and no supporting fuel mods, the only difference in our setups is the port injection kit and my jb4 settings.

That being said its always nice to see other options and I'm glad the ACF solution works for you! Looking forward to more updates!
Not saying they haven't improved or got better but the way they handled certain things with me just wasn't great.
      09-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #17
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

That'll be changing now that I'm keeping the car vs. passing it down to my daughter as originally planned! .

Appreciate 2
      09-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #18
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
And may I add that I made 8 more rwtq then you on your ENZO tuned Pure stage 2 lol uhhhmmmmm cough cough time for a retune sir. Get your rear down here to Chicago and lets get things done There's alot more in that PS2 left that needs to be easily squeezed out. Alex promises he won't keep your car for 4 months either like the other folks did .

In all fairness, I had them tune conservative since I was going to pass the car down (with future growth possibilities)...This will also be changing...

Last edited by ronanz; 09-20-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #19
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:

This will also be changing...

Let's see what you got
      09-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #20
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let's see what you got

LOL...pretty sure you'll taste it too....

Appreciate 1
      09-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #21
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Let's see what you got

LOL...pretty sure you'll taste it too....

Looking forward to is Ron. I can't waitZ
      09-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #22
Dejan_
Vehicle Operations
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

In all fairness, I had them tune conservative since I was going to pass the car down (with future growth possibilities)...This will also be changing...

For sure totally understand. But there is a lot more left there in the table imo still under the conservative category. I think 470/470 is something to shoot for on your current setup