F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Advice on buying a rowing machine

07-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
tenishasc
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Advice on buying a rowing machine

Looking for tips on buying a rowing machine, such as an exercise machine at home. Because there are many benefits rowing machine that a person will be able to get when choosing this type of exercise equipment to use at home.
Just a general tip about what to look for when buying one. I thought it would be a good affordable option because I intend to use it.
I do not just want to use it for heart disease. I want some representatives of explosives and also slow resistance.

Although you will get one with the option to lock the seat as they can do different types of exercises such as resistance to slow step of pulling the arms and braking back into the position of the steering wheel and with vertical grip at the ends.
It is appropriate for what I want to develop. The only thing that is missing is the resistance paid. I'm not sure how I can do this. I think the strands of resistance in another direction.

I thought the combination of the two, if this does not look very silly. I would like to make a comment about the rope behind me bar resistance ring. It must be clearly guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: I'm Jimmy aka GOLFFRR

I love to row. I bought a few over the years and the only one I would recommend would be the concept D :http://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/model-d
you can find some used I'm sure but I personally would rather just start fresh and buy new.

I owned 2 life fitness set ups and both just were not at the same level. the fabric pull rope was always having issues and one I had a small leak with the water tank which was a mess. The concept D I have had no issues and seems to be a lot more durable and has a chain rope instead of fabric. Most of my crew buddies stick to concept D, as that seems to be the std

Rowing machines are one of the best exercise things you can do IMO highly recommend it glad to see you are jumping on board .

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
David Aviles: bmwdavid@icloud.com - Cell:202-262-2900
If you have any issues getting a hold of David PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
ScottSinger
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Yes, The Concept D is the one I'd get and the one I use at my gym.

Tenishasc, have you've been using a rower? There were times I thought about buying a rower...guess I grew out of it...I dislike treadmills and elliptical machines, except for periodic use. Are you sure you'll want to sit on a rower for extended periods of time on a consistent basis.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
Ric in RVA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 BSM 135i M-Sport

Concept 2 here as well. The concept 2 page I think has locations you can go try.

It will kick your ass.

I need to start using mine again.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
The Wind Breezes
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Unless you are already committed to a dedicated workout schedule you'll almost certainly be wasting your money. I forget the statistics, but very very few machines bought for home use in these situations are used more than a handful of times.

You're better off going for a walk / run / swim, doing freeweights and bodyweight exercises. Biking can be a lot of fun too and it is amazing cardio! I prefer mountain biking myself, electric assisted (yes you still get a ridiculous workout, it's kind of like motocross). The hard part with exercise is not the time it takes, but the commitment and willpower to do it consistently even when you don't want to, which a rowing machine won't help you with whatsoever--in fact it will actually hurt because it's far more boring than other exercise. Don't forget to stretch! That's just as important as all the other stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Study after study has shown that treadmills are the best machine for home:

They hold the most clothes
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #7
DonaldPump
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Concept 2 rower is the way to go. With that price though.. just do crossfit and have access to the rowers as much as you want.