F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Announces M Performance Parts (for F30, F10, F20 Initially) for 2012 Geneva Debut
proTUNING Freaks

02-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Exclamation BMW Announces M Performance Parts (for F30, F10, F20 Initially) for 2012 Geneva Debut

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW Announces M Performance Parts (for F30, F10, F20 Initially) for 2012 Geneva Debut
COMMENTS
Name:  F30_MPerformance.jpg
Views: 63745
Size:  44.8 KB

It's official: Only a couple of days after the first teaser, BMW announces their new M Performance Parts. Think of this program as the successor of the Performance parts avaiable for E8x 1 series and E9x 3 series.

Intitially, M Performance parts will be available for the F30 3 series, the F10 5 series, and the F20 1 series (F20 not available in the US). Available are:

- Black kidney grilles
- M Performance exhaust systems
- M Performance brakes
- Carbon fiber front splitters
- M Performance steering wheel

Premiere: BMW M Performance Parts and Original BMW Accessories

The Geneva show also marks the premiere of new accessory division for BMW vehicles: BMW M Performance Parts. BMW M Performance Parts are designed in close collaboration with BMW M GmbH and include powertrain, suspension, aerodynamics and cockpit components that provide a tangible increase in driving dynamics by enhancing engine power, reducing weight and optimizing aerodynamic properties. The initial BMW M Performance products have been specially developed for the BMW 5 Series Sedan, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the new 1 Series (5-door model). The products include black kidney grills, M Performance exhaust systems, carbon fiber front splitters and an M Performance steering [wheel]. The BMW M Performance Parts will roll out in the USA beginning this summer. BMW M Performance Parts may be purchased and installed through authorized BMW Centers.

F20 M Performance Video

PRESS RELEASE + Expand

Driving pleasure made to measure, inspired by motor racing: the new BMW M Performance accessory program.

The newly structured program in the BMW M Performance product area enables selective customisation with a clear focus on a particularly intensive driving experience. As of spring 2012, BMW M Performance products specially developed for the BMW 5 Series Sedan, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the new BMW 1 Series are available as part of the Original BMW Accessories range. The retrofit components designed in close collaboration with BMW M GmbH in the areas of powertrain, suspension, aerodynamics and cockpit provide a tangible increase in driving dynamics by enhancing engine power, reducing weight and optimising aerodynamic properties. What is more, they add a striking touch of sporty style in the appearance and interior styling of each vehicle.

At the 2012 International Motor Show, the diversity and harmoniously coordinated qualities of the BMW M Performance accessories program will be demonstrated in the new BMW 125i. The equipment features of the most powerful petrol engine variant of the compact model include a BMW M Performance aerodynamic package, 19-inch BMW M Performance light alloy wheels, a BMW M Performance brake system and BMW M Performance Top Stripes. Additional accentuations are provided by a rear spoiler, rear fins, carbon exterior mirror caps and radiator grille in high-gloss black, also from the BMW M Performance accessories program. In the interior, the BMW M Performance steering wheel with Race Display, interior strips in Alcantara/carbon, BMW M Performance stainless steel pedals and the gearshift lever knob and handbrake handle with Alcantara gaiter make for a distinctly sporty atmosphere.

Like the BMW M Performance products already available for the high-performance sports cars BMW M3, BMW 1 Series M Coupe, BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M, the program developed for the models of the BMW 5 Series, BMW 3 Series and BMW 1 Series ensure an authentic transfer of M specific motor racing technology to everyday driving. The BMW M Performance accessory products reflect the excellent standards of the BMW Group in terms of design, quality and safety. They are subject to the comprehensive BMW warranty terms. And retrofitting these items has no impact whatsoever on the warranty terms as applicable to the vehicle in question. Sales and installation are taken care of by the BMW and BMW M dealer network, BMW subsidiaries and BMW Service authorised workshops.

Optimised aerodynamic properties, powerfully expressive design.

With the BMW M Performance accessory products in the area of aerodynamics, not only is air conduction effectively optimised but also the dynamic charisma of the respective vehicle. These products can be installed in vehicles fitted with the M Sports package optionally available ex works or a retrofitted M aerodynamic package. This lends even greater individual emphasis to the dynamic character of a vehicle which already has a sporty design. Selected BMW M Performance accessory products will be available for the new BMW 1 Series and the BMW 5 Series Sedan from March 2012. The BMW M Performance accessory products will be available for the BMW 3 Series Sedan at approximately the same time as the M Sports package becomes available for this model.

The product portfolio includes aerodynamic components for the front section, diffuser inserts for the rear apron and side sill foliations with M Performance inscription. In addition, the dynamics of the side air ducting is given further emphasis by the use of the BMW M Performance side sill attachments on the new BMW 1 Series and the new BMW 3 Series Sedan. BMW M Performance rear and roof edge spoilers, rear fins, black radiator grille and Top Stripes are also offered in model-specific design. Other products derived from motor racing include BMW M Performance exterior mirror caps in carbon finish and a carbon rear spoiler: these are also available for the new BMW 3 Series and the BMW 5 Series Sedan.

A tangible increase in dynamic performance: BMW M Performance accessory products in the area of suspension.

A definite bonus in terms of agility and precision in drivability is provided by the BMW M Performance accessory products in the area of suspension. A BMW M Performance suspension with distinctively sporty settings and a particularly large-scale yet weight-optimised BMW M Performance brake system are available for the new BMW 1 Series and the new BMW 3 Series Sedan. The brake system, featuring aluminium fixed calipers at both front and rear, guarantees a constantly high level of deceleration even under high thermal stress. Its perforated, inner-vented sports brake discs measure 370 x 30 millimetres at the front (diameter x thickness) and 345 x 24 millimetres at the rear. The brake calipers are fitted with four and two pistons each at the front and rear respectively and can be recognised by the four-colour M logo.

The BMW M Performance accessory range also includes exclusive light alloy wheels specifically designed for each model. 20-inch M light alloy wheels in V-spoke design are available for the BMW 5 Series Sedan: these are offered in the colour Liquid Black or in the bi-colour finish characteristic of BMW M Performance and can be used with mixed tyres. The M light alloy wheels in double spoke design developed for the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and for the new BMW 1 Series likewise have a striking bi-colour appearance. The weight-optimised forged wheels effectively contribute to the reduction of unsprung masses, thereby enhancing the agility and steering response of the vehicle. They are available in the 19-inch size for the BMW 1 Series and as 20-inch wheels for the BMW 3 Series Sedan, both with mixed tyres.

Pulling power enhanced, efficiency preserved: BMW M Performance Power Kit.

Based on first-hand expertise, the BMW M Performance Power Kit for the 4-cylinder diesel engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology paves the way to an extra portion of driving pleasure drawing on top-class technology and a contemporary philosophy. In selected 4-cylinder diesel models of the BMW 5 Series Sedan and the BMW 5 Series Touring, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the new BMW 1 Series, this offer perceptibly increases engine power and torque without affecting these vehicles' low levels of fuel consumption and exhaust emissions based on the EU test cycle. The BMW M Performance Power Kit is available for the BMW 520d, the new BMW 320d Sedan and the new BMW 120d. It comprises software and hardware components which are perfectly dovetailed and specially developed for the 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel with all-aluminium crankcase, common rail direct injection and turbocharger. Selective modifications in the area of engine control impact positively on power delivery. A larger charge air cooler enables adaptation to changed thermal conditions. In this way, the peak output of the 4-cylinder diesel engine is raised from 135 kW/184 bhp to 147 kW/200 bhp. Maximum torque, available from just 1,750 rpm, is increased to 420 Nm. The most important outcome of this increase in power is an optimisation of acceleration figures in all models. This is something the driver can clearly feel, including an increase in acceleration to 100 km/h of up to 1.0 seconds. However, this enhanced driving pleasure has no effect whatsoever on the exemplary fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures of the respective models in the EU test cycle. What is more, the high quality standard of the BMW M Performance Power Kit guarantees unlimited reliability of the engine, so the warranty terms for vehicles in which it is installed remain valid as before.

At a later stage the range will be extended to include a BMW M Performance Power Kit for petrol engines. As early as spring 2012, the first petrol engine models will be able to be fitted with an BMW M Performance silencer system. Without impairing the long-distance comfort of the vehicle in question, this system gives the engine acoustics a discreet but audibly sporty touch. The reduction of exhaust counterpressure also results in improved response characteristics. The BMW M Performance silencer system is available for the 6-cylinder models BMW 640i, BMW 535i and BMW 335i, as well as for the BMW 125i, which is new to the portfolio. Both an acoustic and a visual accentuation is added to the most powerful petrol engine variant of the new BMW 1 Series. The BMW M Performance silencer system comprises a twin tailpipe as is typical of 6-cylinder models.

Retrofit of the BMW M Performance Power Kit is now visible from the outside due to an M Performance inscription sticker on the rear section of the side sill. This additional labelling does not apply in conjunction with a BMW M Performance aerodynamic package.

High-quality materials, innovative technology, characteristic design: cockpit in sports car style.

Owners of a BMW 5 Series Sedan, a new BMW 3 Series Sedan or a new BMW 1 Series will also be able to selectively customise the interior of their vehicle with BMW M Performance accessory products as of spring 2012, allowing especially intensive enjoyment of the driving experience typical of the brand. For example, the BMW M Performance sports steering wheel is available for the current models of these series. It has a rim which is flattened at the bottom, a carbon trim element and a central marking in red leather at the 12 o'clock position, while its Alcantara covering provides an excellent grip and pleasant haptics in all temperatures. The version of the steering wheel designed for the BMW 5 Series Sedan also features an "M Performance" model inscription on the trim element.

A BMW M Performance sports steering wheel including Race Display will also be available for the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the new BMW 1 Series from autumn 2012. An OLED display is integrated in the upper section of the steering wheel rim showing a range of technical data such as oil and cooling water temperature as well as the shift point indicator. A number of different display modes can also be activated using the steering wheel's multifunction buttons. In the EfficientDynamics mode, information is provided on optimised fuel efficiency. The Sports mode enables the use of a stopwatch function as well as display of transverse acceleration rates. In the Race mode, time can be measured to the nearest hundredth of a second and there is also a memory function.

For further enhancement of the driver workspace in the style of a sports car, there are BMW M Performance stainless steel pedals, the BMW M Performance driver footrest, interior strips in Alcantara and carbon and a carbon handbrake handle with Alcantara gaiter. Depending on the configuration of the vehicle, the gearshift lever or gear selector switch is also available in carbon. In the products developed for the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the new BMW 1 Series, an open-pore carbon is used for the first time which creates a harmonious, discreet overall impression due to its matt structure combined with the Alcantara surfaces. Selected products are also labelled with the "M Performance" inscription or the M logo so as to emphasise their sporty styling.

Both in terms of style and function, all BMW M Performance products are specifically geared towards further enhanced driving dynamics as well as adding a touch of sporty flair to the outward appearance and interior character of the respective vehicle. All components of the BMW M Performance accessory program are available individually. This allows drivers to add clear sporty accentuations in the areas which are particularly important to them personally. Thanks to their precisely harmonised qualities, Performance accessory products can also be combined to create an integrated package for increased dynamic performance and driving pleasure.

Stay tuned for more information, photos and videos of the M Performance Parts lineup.

For the other previews of BMW models to be displayed at the Geneva show, see our 2012 Geneva Preview Guide.

M Performance Parts

Name:  P90089419.jpg
Views: 58809
Size:  148.1 KB

Name:  Performance+parts+F30+wheels.jpg
Views: 152524
Size:  509.6 KB

Name:  Performance+parts+F30.jpg
Views: 55172
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  P90089414.jpg
Views: 65627
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  P90089417.jpg
Views: 53835
Size:  124.6 KB

Name:  P90089415.jpg
Views: 55584
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  P90089418.jpg
Views: 56407
Size:  104.3 KB

Name:  P90089420.jpg
Views: 57697
Size:  119.2 KB

Name:  P90089416.jpg
Views: 47939
Size:  132.6 KB

Previously Posted Real Life Photos

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Forster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, S54 Mcoupe

Awesome stuff! I love it, except would never put those stripes on my cars
      02-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Park828
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i msprt e60 550i msprt

there goes my wallet
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Not a fan of the cosmetic stuff.

Only like 2 things:
1) Brakes
2) Pedals
3) Exhaust (maybe)

Shame they don't have lightweight forged wheels as an M Performance part.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

If those black grilles are reasonably priced(less than $150) i might seriously consider them
      02-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Mo_power
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite 2008 328i

I'm liking the interior... a lot
      02-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
acceleration
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Tacky! The M brand continues to be diluted...
      02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I dun kno, wut color should we paint our brakes???

purple?

02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Are the side skirts on the 3 different? There wasn't any mention of them, but they do appear different unless they are stock ones covered with a black decal.
      02-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Those wheels are hideous. They don't even fill the arches well without the need of some fat spacers. That's how the e90 320d looked like when it was first launched (wheels tucked in). And so are the stripes. How about some colour M stripes in the corner of the front hood ?

The exhaust is generally a must, along with the Power Kits (if they will become available).

Am I anachronic by thinking that the old BMW Performance e90 looks a lot better ?
Attached Images

Last edited by cstavaru; 02-16-2012 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
scott@bmwhn
Major
Rep
Drives: Msport X3

I like what I see so far.

Previous: 20' X3 M40i, 19' 740i Msport, 17' 430i GC, 15' Msport X3 28i, 15' Sportline X1 28i, 13' Msport 328i, 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

man, what happened to no ///M stuff on non-M cars...that's been the idea since ///M started...now they're putting ///M everywhere, look at that sticker on the side skirts!??! weird direction i must say!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
k2e15
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post
Awesome stuff! I love it, except would never put those stripes on my cars
Yup!!!! haha
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

ohh... shit... dat f10.
also, i'm pleasantly surprised right now, cuz this's the 1st time since its release that the f30 -minus the stripe/decal- actually looks good.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

..I wonder if those pedals will fit my E92 335i... I dig the look ~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
man, what happened to no ///M stuff on non-M cars...that's been the idea since ///M started...now they're putting ///M everywhere, look at that sticker on the side skirts!??! weird direction i must say!

+1... that ///M logo is powerful marketing crack ~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
Blip Bavarian
salivator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 GT4, 14 X5 V8 & 91 E30 LS1

Thats the best looking f30 yet!! This gives me hope for the f80!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

That side skirt is a prime example of what is wrong with bean counter BMW.

What a joke!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Do you think you get another 5hp from the M performance interior trim?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
06E90Rostik
2006 join date crew
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
M Performance on the sides? And here we were making fun of V-Tech decals.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Lots of cool parts here.
But I don't got the black side decal.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

when will this stuff be available in the US!? It looks amazing!
Appreciate 0