F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ship Ahoy !! the Faust is headin West
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

Arrow Ship Ahoy !! the Faust is headin West

Arriving to Bremerheven for pickup:

not the actual photo



docking at Bremerhaven:


Loading cars from Bremerhaven:




Well I missed it docking and leaving 2 ports:
Bremerhaven (BimmerHeaven) on 5/18/12
and in ZeeBrugge, Belgium on the 5/21/12



Having checked today the WW (Wallenius Wilhelmsen website)
my car id was associated to the Vessel Faust of Sweden



Call Sign: SLKQ
on a Voyage Route: CD220-FAT


From Zeebruge, Belgium, heading for Southampton:





Currently In Southampton, UK














hAVing made a quick stop for about an hour in Southampton, England,
It just has left the UK on 5/22/12 and heading toward its 4th (pit) stop accross the pont at the Panama Manzanillo Port !

Let's follow it guys!
BMWM311's and mine are on this ship!

I am excited... I hope it goes as FAST as Tanner Foust ! I wish...

I want my car ASAP!

It's planned to be docking Port Hueneme, CA on June 12th, 2012!

Ship Ahoy.... Ship Ahoy!


EDIT: Thanks Frogman for the effort/attempt

Last edited by DrivenByE30; 06-12-2012 at 12:05 PM.
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

That's awesome news! It's been a long wait and I'm very happy for you.

FYI my car is on the Medea which I tracked from Germany>Sweden>Belgium>UK and as of yesterday I lost track of it as it started to cross the Atlantic. Hoping for a safe arrival in Halifax for Monday the 28th where it lands on Canadian soil and boards a train to me in Windsor (on the border with Detroit)!

So long story short I imagine you're going to lose the ability to track starting tomorrow for about a week.
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
bmwm311
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 N20 ZSL
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

yay! thanks for the updates!
bmwm311 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
That's awesome news! It's been a long wait and I'm very happy for you.

FYI my car is on the Medea which I tracked from Germany>Sweden>Belgium>UK and as of yesterday I lost track of it as it started to cross the Atlantic. Hoping for a safe arrival in Halifax for Monday the 28th where it lands on Canadian soil and boards a train to me in Windsor (on the border with Detroit)!

So long story short I imagine you're going to lose the ability to track starting tomorrow for about a week.

Once in the Atlantic, I think you can track it via:
Another way of tracking the ship: by name and call sign
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/
EDIT: never mind, i couldn't find yours either past England...


Just to make it easier for any of us to track the ships:

I have assembled all the tracking site here below:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
http://www.digital-seas.com/vessel_s...l_archive.html
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/


which are referenced from Jason's thread:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=Faust


Last edited by DrivenByE30; 05-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)





Sailing between 11 and 16 knots,
the ship is slowly about to leave our visibility range:





Wishing you to surf the Atlantic waves well, while hopefully being pushed by a strong tail wind ...
see you in Panama !


--------------------------------------------------------------------

DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

God speed.
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
pcbrew
Captain
 
pcbrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
God speed.
+1

I dropped mine off on 15-May and tracking just showed up. Left Bremerhaven today/23-May on Grand Mercury. It will reach Brunswick, GA on 11-June.

Then will have VDC and scheduling of PDC pickup date. Hope to have it before the end of June.
pcbrew is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
bmwm311
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 N20 ZSL
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Hey DrivenByE30, what dealer is your F30 getting delivered to in SoCal? Your CA schedule a pick up date yet? I emailed mine but no response yet.
bmwm311 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #9
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

I am getting it from Crevier... I've heard mixed review regarding their services... but it's so conveniently located, centrally in south Orange County...
i couldnt resist getting it from them... No schedule yet...

I wish i could say the 19th, but it might be a dream...
my CA told me it takes on average 3 weeks from arrival at the port to get the car to the dealership...
so worst case scenarios i would get it on the 4th of July ...
GOD no i hope!!! that would really be bad!!

I really want to get the car around the 20th of June... but right now, it's really up in the air...

what about you?
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
bmwm311
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 N20 ZSL
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30
I am getting it from Crevier... I've heard mixed review regarding their services... but it's so conveniently located, centrally in south Orange County...
i couldnt resist getting it from them... No schedule yet...

I wish i could say the 19th, but it might be a dream...
my CA told me it takes on average 3 weeks from arrival at the port to get the car to the dealership...
so worst case scenarios i would get it on the 4th of July ...
GOD no i hope!!! that would really be bad!!

I really want to get the car around the 20th of June... but right now, it's really up in the air...

what about you?
wow 3 weeks?! I was hoping 1 week at the very most.

I'm picking mine up at Center BMW.
I ordered on April 2nd so I'm pushing 12 weeks at the very least
bmwm311 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

That's what i thought too... a few days going through Customs would be way too much already... Let's just keep on hoping...





DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
bmwm311
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 N20 ZSL
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
That's what i thought too... a few days going through Customs would be way too much already... Let's just keep on hoping...
So my CA replied back and she said they should get my car 3-5 days after port! wooo hooo!
bmwm311 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

Cool i know most of you dont care but...

... Before we all go on a weekend: here's the status of the Faust









Ship tracked by:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
http://www.digital-seas.com/vessel_s...l_archive.html

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Driven, how did you track in the middle of the ocean like that? I was tracking the Medea but it fell off the gps once or headed out to cross the Atlantic.

Can you find it for me please? I tried the sites you gave and no luck. Am I doing something wrong?
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
Driven, how did you track in the middle of the ocean like that? I was tracking the Medea but it fell off the gps once or headed out to cross the Atlantic.

Can you find it for me please? I tried the sites you gave and no luck. Am I doing something wrong?
you are not doing anything wrong... i think your "MEDEA" is not transmitting its location, or at least its location is not being tracked/traced...

it was the same thing... last time i tried to find it for you, but it wasn't showing up. and this time again too:

from the SailWX website, you can use its call name "9VHL"
and for whatever reason, it's last know location is as it left Southampton on May 21st.



as you can see below: the last update was 3 days ago:

.... nothing since
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Thank you, buddy. I appreciate your effort.

It's expected to arrive in Halifax Monday so I will just go enjoy the weekend and hope for great news on Monday!

Now I'm just waiting for you to update the photo in your signature to have a picture of your actual F30! FYI I loved your ED thread!
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

There is a one day delay status:



the boat seems to be slightly slowing down due to the rough high sea....

DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

Again, not that any one of you cares but, the Faust is:

Smack right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean








it's making good progress... going to be in Panama by the end of this week.

Ship tracked by:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
http://www.digital-seas.com/vessel_s...l_archive.html
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
bmwm311
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 N20 ZSL
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30
Again, not that any one of you cares but, the Faust is:

Smack right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean








it's making good progress... going to be in Panama by the end of this week.

Ship tracked by:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
http://www.digital-seas.com/vessel_s...l_archive.html
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/
I care because we're in the same boat! Thanks for the updates!
bmwm311 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #20
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

The Medea arrived safely in Canada yesterday. Here's hoping Faust arrives safely.
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 02:21 AM   #21
live4wknds
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Watch your boat transition the various locks in the Panama Canal...
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

My car is on Asian Vision and went through the Canal this past Memorial Day weekend. Another tracking fanatic with their car on the same boat actually captured webcam shots and made short vids of the boat going through the Gatun and Miraflores locks. Very cool!
live4wknds is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #22
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,798
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
The Medea arrived safely in Canada yesterday. Here's hoping Faust arrives safely.
Yeah!! I am happy for you man!
i tried to track your Medea 9YLH yesterday, but it wouldn't show up...
glad you got good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4wknds View Post
Watch your boat transition the various locks in the Panama Canal...
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

My car is on Asian Vision and went through the Canal this past Memorial Day weekend. Another tracking fanatic with their car on the same boat actually captured webcam shots and made short vids of the boat going through the Gatun and Miraflores locks. Very cool!
Now this is very very
Thanks for putting the links here, i will be sure to look it over once the Faust gets there!

i hope it will be at the right time... but i doubt i will be able to make such a nice video...

Am glad the winds brought you overhere !
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST