F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30 335i Brakes, Cluster & Headlights mods in detail
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #23
BTT 335i
Lieutenant
 
BTT 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 M Sport-F30 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 484
iTrader: (3)

Can you tell me where you paint the breaks ,how much and how long
__________________
BTT 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #24
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

those are so mean they should be illegal. I would love to see the full front end with those headlights. Excellent work.

On another note.....Did BMW go from LED turns in the LCI E90 back to bulbs in the F30??!?! It sure looks like it. What a downgrade. The LED turns in the LCI E90 were so sick.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #25
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
 
svache's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 1,881
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
On another note.....Did BMW go from LED turns in the LCI E90 back to bulbs in the F30??!?! It sure looks like it. What a downgrade. The LED turns in the LCI E90 were so sick.
This way the car can have something new in a year or so
__________________
F30 328i Luxury w/ Mojave metallic, beige interior (timeline)


Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
svache is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #26
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
 
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Cool

Any chance you can tell us how to change the cluster lights to white? I think that looks great and would love to do it myself. Bulb sizes? etc, more pics if possible
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
SCBimmerKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #27
npgatech
Private First Class
 
npgatech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

Cannot wait for more updates! I love the red/white instrument cluster. IMHO, looks better than OEM.

Question - anyway to replace the brake lamp with a red LED? The tail lamps look fantastic, but under braking it uses bulbs which is really unacceptable coming from a $50k+ car.
npgatech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #28
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
 
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic Artist View Post
Cannot wait for more updates! I love the red/white instrument cluster. IMHO, looks better than OEM.

Question - anyway to replace the brake lamp with a red LED? The tail lamps look fantastic, but under braking it uses bulbs which is really unacceptable coming from a $50k+ car.
+1 ---> a 19,000 Honda Insight comes with LED's. This should too. Same with the turn signal bulbs.
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
SCBimmerKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #29
Igor@ONEighty
 
Igor@ONEighty's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550xi 8AT | F10 M5 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 507
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Igor@ONEighty Send a message via Skype™ to Igor@ONEighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTT E92-F25 35i View Post
Can you tell me where you paint the breaks ,how much and how long
Did it @ my shop (ONEighty). We'll post up all the info as soon as we finalize our vendorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
those are so mean they should be illegal. I would love to see the full front end with those headlights. Excellent work.

On another note.....Did BMW go from LED turns in the LCI E90 back to bulbs in the F30??!?! It sure looks like it. What a downgrade. The LED turns in the LCI E90 were so sick.
Mad illegal, I had to call the cops ! Thank you

Yep, I was surprised too... and the bulb is not a standard PY24W bulb either, it's a 1157 bulb, but it's not.. the pins are slightly off, I honestly don't even know the size of this bulb but I made an 1157 fit with a tight tilt and twist action lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
This way the car can have something new in a year or so
BMW = Geniuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
Any chance you can tell us how to change the cluster lights to white? I think that looks great and would love to do it myself. Bulb sizes? etc, more pics if possible
It's the same concept as the E90/92 LED cluster mod, uses 3528 SMD's. Check out the DIY guides posted on E90Post, pretty much the same concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic Artist View Post
Cannot wait for more updates! I love the red/white instrument cluster. IMHO, looks better than OEM.

Question - anyway to replace the brake lamp with a red LED? The tail lamps look fantastic, but under braking it uses bulbs which is really unacceptable coming from a $50k+ car.
The only thing you can do is replace the halogen bulb with an LED one without cutting open the taillights. But now you got me interested in ripping those apart and retrofitting an LED board behind the "light bars".

Everyone else... thanks for the positive feedback. Can't WAIT to become a vendor of this forum.
Igor@ONEighty is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #30
ScheerSpeed
Major General
 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
that looks great!
ScheerSpeed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #31
npgatech
Private First Class
 
npgatech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Vert View Post
It's the same concept as the E90/92 LED cluster mod, uses 3528 SMD's. Check out the DIY guides posted on E90Post, pretty much the same concept.



The only thing you can do is replace the halogen bulb with an LED one without cutting open the taillights. But now you got me interested in ripping those apart and retrofitting an LED board behind the "light bars".

Everyone else... thanks for the positive feedback. Can't WAIT to become a vendor of this forum.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I did search the e90post forums under "Interior/Exterior" sub-forum, but couldn't find a DIY Guide. Most of the threads related to cluster mods are about retrofitting the M3 cluster in the E90. If you can direct to the right thread, I'd appreciate it .

I like the light-bar idea ... So I guess, there is no way to replace the bulb with some kind of a led strip without opening the whole thing up? LED bulb will do for now I can't wait to get my car back from Europe
npgatech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #32
pcbrew
Captain
 
pcbrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

There is a lot of light bleed-through at the center of the dials that I do not see in the pictures of the stock configuration. Is this a side-effect or just because intensity was maxed out?
pcbrew is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #33
Igor@ONEighty
 
Igor@ONEighty's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550xi 8AT | F10 M5 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 507
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Igor@ONEighty Send a message via Skype™ to Igor@ONEighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic Artist View Post
Hey, thanks for your reply. I did search the e90post forums under "Interior/Exterior" sub-forum, but couldn't find a DIY Guide. Most of the threads related to cluster mods are about retrofitting the M3 cluster in the E90. If you can direct to the right thread, I'd appreciate it .

I like the light-bar idea ... So I guess, there is no way to replace the bulb with some kind of a led strip without opening the whole thing up? LED bulb will do for now I can't wait to get my car back from Europe
Yeah the "eye-brow" is lit up by a single LED that sits on top of the turn signal, only way to get to it is to cut open the light. I replaced it with 2 brighter SMD's and had it wired to the turn signal, so now it acts as a parking like and a turn signal.

I'll try to pull up the DIY for the cluster mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
There is a lot of light bleed-through at the center of the dials that I do not see in the pictures of the stock configuration. Is this a side-effect or just because intensity was maxed out?
The picture I took is a little more exposed than the one posted by bimmerpost so it looks like more light bleeds through the needles, but they both give off the same luminosity so it's not brighter, nor dimmer, just pure white.
Igor@ONEighty is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #34
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
 
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic Artist View Post
Hey, thanks for your reply. I did search the e90post forums under "Interior/Exterior" sub-forum, but couldn't find a DIY Guide. Most of the threads related to cluster mods are about retrofitting the M3 cluster in the E90. If you can direct to the right thread, I'd appreciate it .

I like the light-bar idea ... So I guess, there is no way to replace the bulb with some kind of a led strip without opening the whole thing up? LED bulb will do for now I can't wait to get my car back from Europe
Here you go: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503185
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
SCBimmerKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #35
JagoBmw10
Bavarian Enthusiast
 
JagoBmw10's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

beyond amazing. i love the red brems
JagoBmw10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
surma884
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

The gauges looking much better. Can't believe BMW hasn't changed the gauges. Subbing this thread. Please post more pics of the gauges!
surma884 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #37
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Moar pics of the whole ride. mooaaaaar.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
 
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surma884 View Post
The gauges looking much better. Can't believe BMW hasn't changed the gauges. Subbing this thread. Please post more pics of the gauges!
+1
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
SCBimmerKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
Accelerometer
First Lieutenant
 
Accelerometer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 335i /'11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 358
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That tower LED w/ blacked out reflectors is a dangerous combo. You are going to barely be able to see his turn signal during the day.
Accelerometer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #40
npgatech
Private First Class
 
npgatech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

Updates please /anxiously waiting
npgatech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #41
Igor@ONEighty
 
Igor@ONEighty's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550xi 8AT | F10 M5 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 507
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Igor@ONEighty Send a message via Skype™ to Igor@ONEighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNJ View Post
That tower LED w/ blacked out reflectors is a dangerous combo. You are going to barely be able to see his turn signal during the day.
Hence why we also wired up the "eye brow" to blink with the turn signal as well so even during the day, the blinker is noticeable.

I'll snap some shots when the weather is a lil better.
Igor@ONEighty is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #42
Nero7
Second Lieutenant
 
Nero7's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

How do you change the stock lights to these lights. Did you replace the light bulbs or something else? Would love to have it like this in my car
Attached Images
 
__________________

/// M-Sport 328i // Packages -- Adaptive Drive-- Drive Comfort -- Function -- Visibility // 19" 403M // M-Sport Brakes // Harman Kardon // Head Up Display ///
Nero7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #43
jon328i
Wheelmaster
 
jon328i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 438
iTrader: (7)

nice finish to the headlamps!
jon328i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #44
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (0)

Nice job mate !! Looks wicked!!
J1n is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST