F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Finally, my beauty has arrived. PICS UP
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #23
Number
 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

Posts: 1,228
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonko View Post
Sadly, canadian sport line does not have sport suspension as standard. That is why it looks so high. Plus, the sport suspension does not start production until march in Canada; therefore the arrival time will be May. I cannot wait that long.
Oh. Weird. That's interesting. I wonder why it was done this way. Anyhow, enjoy your ride! I'm still waiting for mine to be built.
Number is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #24
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Oh. Weird. That's interesting. I wonder why it was done this way. Anyhow, enjoy your ride! I'm still waiting for mine to be built.
Yeah, i will probably replace them with a set of coilover afterwards.
Also, sport automatic transmission is only available for 335i as standard . And i want all of these.
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #25
cstavaru
Brigadier General
 
cstavaru's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Posts: 3,235
iTrader: (0)

Wow the car is looking like it is on jack stands Does it have the bad roads package or something ?
cstavaru is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #26
kral_mzk
New Member
 
Drives: 3.20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: turkey

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

i like it
kral_mzk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
wdlv
First Lieutenant
 
wdlv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line GS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 364
iTrader: (0)

Great car. Also, thank you for the most accurate color for the Coral Red interior leather.
wdlv is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #28
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Hmmm.. I ordered a 335 sport line... I could swear that it's coming with the non-adaptable sport suspension. Maybe only the 335?
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
CE750Jockey
Private First Class
 
CE750Jockey's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Wow the car is looking like it is on jack stands Does it have the bad roads package or something ?
Huh? It looks normal to me. Am I missing something, here?

BTW, the car looks great. Congrats.
CE750Jockey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #30
PrinceBarin
Major
 
Drives: 430D
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru
Wow the car is looking like it is on jack stands Does it have the bad roads package or something ?
LOL. That's harsh.

There appears to be quite a bit of visible variation in the ride heights I have seen for cars on std suspension. Does anyone know if it settles down a bit over time?
PrinceBarin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
Number
 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

Posts: 1,228
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
LOL. That's harsh.

There appears to be quite a bit of visible variation in the ride heights I have seen for cars on std suspension. Does anyone know if it settles down a bit over time?
I noticed that too. But upon stricter examination, I think it's the white color that makes it appear higher... since there is a very well defined wheel-well line. In real life, as you stand over the car, it will probably appear lower. None the less, the car is absolutely beautiful.
Number is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
PrinceBarin
Major
 
Drives: 430D
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
I noticed that too. But upon stricter examination, I think it's the white color that makes it appear higher... since there is a very well defined wheel-well line. In real life, as you stand over the car, it will probably appear lower.
Agreed. I'm still hoping it drops a few millimetres once it's run in.

Quote:
None the less, the car is absolutely beautiful.
FACT. Congrats Wilsonko, she's a stunner and it's a great colour combo!!
PrinceBarin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #33
Carnook
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 2012 F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 261
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow View Post
interesting that the canadian sport line comes with color matched side view mirrors
Black mirror caps are currently a $0 option for Canadian cars. They are not included by default.
Carnook is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
Hmmm.. I ordered a 335 sport line... I could swear that it's coming with the non-adaptable sport suspension. Maybe only the 335?
Really? cuz my sales rep email BMW CA, and they relied that sport suspension starts production in march. you can always order first, they will just make it when its available.
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #35
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Agreed. I'm still hoping it drops a few millimetres once it's run in.



FACT. Congrats Wilsonko, she's a stunner and it's a great colour combo!!
Thank you!! Regardless, i will replace them with new coilover once they are available. However, standard suspension is pretty good for those who want to be sporty once in awhile. For those driving enthusiasts, sport suspension is a must have for sure.
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
Black mirror caps are currently a $0 option for Canadian cars. They are not included by default.
yeah, you are right. black mirror caps are a $0 option for us.
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #37
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonko View Post
yeah, you are right. black mirror caps are a $0 option for us.
Yep.. I ordered them on my Mineral Grey 335... Some don't like em, but I think they'll look ok with MG.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #38
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonko View Post
Really? cuz my sales rep email BMW CA, and they relied that sport suspension starts production in march. you can always order first, they will just make it when its available.
hmm... mine is a March production... I'll have to double check. It's too late to change regardless.

Ultimately, I think it'll be fine. I guarantee that most won't notice a difference (or at least admit it ). In fact, I found my friends e90 335 way too jarring for everyday use.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #39
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
Yep.. I ordered them on my Mineral Grey 335... Some don't like em, but I think they'll look ok with MG.
Totally, my dealership has a demo car, and it is exactly the color combo u have. It looks mature and classic. White with black caps looks cheap.
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
hmm... mine is a March production... I'll have to double check. It's too late to change regardless.

Ultimately, I think it'll be fine. I guarantee that most won't notice a difference (or at least admit it ). In fact, I found my friends e90 335 way too jarring for everyday use.
haha, to be honest, i want the sport suspension as well. I just cannot wait that long. Therefore, i decide to replace them with coilover afterwards.
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #41
TwinPowerF30
Captain
 
TwinPowerF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Posts: 625
iTrader: (0)

Hmm..your front bumper doesn't have that license plate thing sticking out. I saw another 328i today in Richmond and it had the thing sticking out.
TwinPowerF30 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #42
ed1981
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

congrats on your car. its very nice. I am probably leaning towards leasing a f30 since I haven't found a e90 335i that is to the spec that I want.

What options or packages did you order?
ed1981 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #43
AlpineF30
vrooom
 
Drives: Alpine White 328i Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

looks awesome! ill see you on the streets in the future! i ordered white on black but itll be atleast may until it gets here

and btw, my dealer said black mirror caps are not in production anymore.
its not too late to change my order and im really contemplating adding the sport suspension seeing how tall the wheel gap is
AlpineF30 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #44
wilsonko
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i white on red
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver Canada

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiweiwei
Hmm..your front bumper doesn't have that license plate thing sticking out. I saw another 328i today in Richmond and it had the thing sticking out.
Lol, really?? Btw u live in Richmond as well?
wilsonko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST