F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > my 2012 328i White Sport Line after Tint!
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
F30N20
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328 Sport Line White
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

my 2012 328i White Sport Line after Tint!















inside pic. Notice the Masking Tape on the windowroll down puttons.

Feels much private after the Tint!

Paid 120 for it with lifetime Warrenty~

Cheers~

Last edited by F30N20; 03-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
F30N20
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328 Sport Line White
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

been paying around with headlight height adjuster to get perfect headlight height since factory setting was too low.. now its nice and I can actually see the street signs!

New RFT are pretty nice and no compains. only wish our cars came with 255 rears since 225 all around is little under grippy for our 3400ibs cars.

other than that, I love this car!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
benzo23
Colonel
benzo23's Avatar
35
Rep
2,886
Posts

 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (1)

It looks great, I love the side view with the white and black theme. But Ive seen the f30 in person and i cant get over the front bumper, did it have to grow on you?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
328i4me
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
335
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 328i4me
looks great! what % tint did you get?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Number
Number's Avatar
31
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Are you in SoCal? If so, where did you get the tint?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

It has the extended info display in the cluster with no NAV????? I sure hope mine gets that! On the other coast here.
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
evilpanda
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 4 door
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eastvale

iTrader: (0)

car looks even better with tint.

Just noticed yours does not have a moonroof? I didn't know they made the F30's without them.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #8
DrivenByE30
Colonel
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
46
Rep
2,901
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
It has the extended info display in the cluster with no NAV????? I sure hope mine gets that! On the other coast here.
How did that happen????


Quote:
Originally Posted by F30N20 View Post
been pLaying around with headlight height adjuster to get perfect headlight height since factory setting was too low.. now its nice and I can actually see the street signs!

New RFT are pretty nice and no compains. only wish our cars came with 255 rears since 225 all around is little under grippy for our 3400ibs cars.

other than that, I love this car!
you are going to blind incoming traffic....

If i cross you, you will be seeing my high beams too...


Other than that.... Great car
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #9
ed1981
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

car looks great. now I'm undecided on black leather or coral red after seeing your interior pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
longtran@ltbmw's Avatar
111
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CA

iTrader: (8)

nice man. congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
yerffejleahcim
Lieutenant
yerffejleahcim's Avatar
13
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives: '15 4GranCoupe Alpine White M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oahu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
It has the extended info display in the cluster with no NAV????? I sure hope mine gets that! On the other coast here.
I noticed the same thing. Hope extended infe display pops up on my non-nav 328i.

Nice car! Congrats!
__________________
Michael

2015 F36 428i Gran Coupe Alpine White M Sport / Navigation / M Sport Brakes
Arriving California Aug 5th ----- Delivered Sept 1st
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
dmontic71
Lieutenant
dmontic71's Avatar
9
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I am wondering the same thing about the instrument cluster! I have my F30 on order (w/o Nav). Everything I have seen on bmwusa would indicate that w/o technology package you get the standard instrument cluster, but I have yet to see any pics from US deliveries w/ it.... Anyone have any info on this?
__________________
2012 F30 328i, Melbourne Red, Premium, Sportline, Steptronic, Xenon, Harmon Kardon.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
I am wondering the same thing about the instrument cluster! I have my F30 on order (w/o Nav). Everything I have seen on bmwusa would indicate that w/o technology package you get the standard instrument cluster, but I have yet to see any pics from US deliveries w/ it.... Anyone have any info on this?
My CA told me that all the cars would have that screen regardless of the NAV option, but I disregarded this as him not knowing exactly what he was talking about. I'm hope he is correct! My dealership doesn't have any cars without NAV yet, so I can't go look
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
F30N20
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328 Sport Line White
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i4me View Post
looks great! what % tint did you get?
Not sure about the % but

the rears are a Shade lighter than Limo Tint,
and the front is a Shade lighter than the rears.

It is nice~ and the cars dont blind me from the rear at night!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
F30N20
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328 Sport Line White
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
It has the extended info display in the cluster with no NAV????? I sure hope mine gets that! On the other coast here.
If your talking about the info display that shows the road and the car in the middle op of the cluster, its just there but does not work. BMW did not wanted to make separate cluster imo.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #16
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30N20 View Post
If your talking about the info display that shows the road and the car in the middle op of the cluster, its just there but does not work. BMW did not wanted to make separate cluster imo.
I'm talking about the long screen on the bottom that extends to the right underneath the speedo, with the blue bar in eco mode and the gas mileage meter.
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #17
F30N20
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328 Sport Line White
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Are you in SoCal? If so, where did you get the tint?
got it @ 6 Autosound which is in Koreatown.

Address is:

3832 W 6th St. Los Angeles, CA 90020

213-386-0737 ask for David


I was out on Saturday looking for a Tint shop and some shops quote me 170 w 5yr warrenty or 430 w plasma tint or some bS thing. and they couldn't work on it that day. I went 3 different places and had no luck. But this place was able to get it done that saturday and price was reasonable. 120 w lifetime warrenty is Great imo.

just satisfied customer here.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
F30N20
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328 Sport Line White
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
I'm talking about the long screen on the bottom that extends to the right underneath the speedo, with the blue bar in eco mode and the gas mileage meter.
ah, i see. It works fine, what features does it have other than ( efficient dynamics = MPG meter?)

Sorry, too lazy to read the manual right now
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
BMWinGE
Captain
10
Rep
649
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

looks great, just like mine

i also have the non-nav but i don't have the extended display. did you add any other options that might have included that?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
dmontic71
Lieutenant
dmontic71's Avatar
9
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
looks great, just like mine

i also have the non-nav but i don't have the extended display. did you add any other options that might have included that?

On the USA website the only way you get the extended display is with the technology package, which would have the larger nav screen and different i-drive controls... I'm wondering if they are including the extended intstrument cluster in certain countries (like USA), but maybe not in others?
__________________
2012 F30 328i, Melbourne Red, Premium, Sportline, Steptronic, Xenon, Harmon Kardon.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30N20 View Post
ah, i see. It works fine, what features does it have other than ( efficient dynamics = MPG meter?)

Sorry, too lazy to read the manual right now
HAHA I hear ya! I dont think it has any other features other than the ability to change the meters according to driving mode. I hope i get that!!
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
BMWinGE
Captain
10
Rep
649
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
On the USA website the only way you get the extended display is with the technology package, which would have the larger nav screen and different i-drive controls... I'm wondering if they are including the extended intstrument cluster in certain countries (like USA), but maybe not in others?
my car is a US model. I actually prefer the standard way though, just confused why the difference. i wonder if its where the car was built. mine was in germany, i wonder if this car came from one of the other plants?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST