F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canadian F30
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #45
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,096
iTrader: (0)

Just wanted to help you guys with some important info...

So I visited a few dealerships and got the following pricing for the new F30.

Fully optioned 328i is $64,982 after taxes. Monthly with 7K down, $921.

Fully optioned 335i is $75,712 after taxes. Monthly with 7K down, $1100.

These are all on the 48 month balloon finance!

I really feel the price for the 335i is RIDICULOUS!!! Why don't I just save a little more and get the M3? I haven't even incorporated the M Sports Package into the above vehicles; I really want the M Sports Package!

So guys and gals, please give me some feedback on what I've posted here.

BTW: I got further discounts; you're looking at about $100 off per month after the dealer discount!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #46
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have a picture of the front end of a Canadian F30? Wondering if it has the bulges for the front license plate?
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #47
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,096
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007
Does anyone have a picture of the front end of a Canadian F30? Wondering if it has the bulges for the front license plate?
Hey Rashid, I was told that the front 'wart' was for F30's produced in February. But from March production onwards, they're gonna have no 'warts'.

I still need to confirm this from my dealer. I only heard it from someone on this forum.
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #48
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Just wanted to help you guys with some important info...

So I visited a few dealerships and got the following pricing for the new F30.

Fully optioned 328i is $64,982 after taxes. Monthly with 7K down, $921.

Fully optioned 335i is $75,712 after taxes. Monthly with 7K down, $1100.

These are all on the 48 month balloon finance!

I really feel the price for the 335i is RIDICULOUS!!! Why don't I just save a little more and get the M3? I haven't even incorporated the M Sports Package into the above vehicles; I really want the M Sports Package!

So guys and gals, please give me some feedback on what I've posted here.

BTW: I got further discounts; you're looking at about $100 off per month after the dealer discount!
75k? wtf? I think the msrp listed on my lease contract is like 54 with premium pkg. Even with tax that shouldn't be 75k (62 to be exact) Time to find another dealer...
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #49
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,096
iTrader: (0)

bananachipz:

Which dealership did u go to? The best I got was like $68K for the 335i. Is yours fully optioned?

I went with this:

335i Sport Line
Mineral Grey with Everest Gray or Coral Red
Executive Package
Premium Package
Driver Assistance Package
BMW Apps
BMW Assist with Extended Bluetooth

By the way, what's the difference between PARK DISTANCE CONTROL and PARK ASSISTANT?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #50
pcbrew
Captain
 
pcbrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
By the way, what's the difference between PARK DISTANCE CONTROL and PARK ASSISTANT?
PDC are the standard acoustic sensors that tell you when you are close to other objects. Park Assist is the automatic parallel parking function.

Quote:
Park Distance Control (PDC) uses ultrasonic sensors in the front and rear bumpers to help you judge the distance to other cars and unseen objects when parking. The beeping becomes faster as your bumper approaches the object, turning into a constant tone when the distance is less than 12 inches.

Parking Assistant makes parking a breeze. Using ultrasonic sensors integrated into the side indicators, the system searches for and measures parking spaces. When a space at least four feet longer than your vehicle is spotted, it is shown on your Control Display. Shift into reverse and the system takes control of steering your vehicle into the space.
pcbrew is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #51
Raspartan
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 693
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
By the way, what's the difference between PARK DISTANCE CONTROL and PARK ASSISTANT?
Park Distance Control is the object detection system that shows up in the display and tells you how far away you are from objects. Rear PDC is part of the Premium package, Front PDC is a separate option. Looks sort of like this:



Park Assistant parks the car for you, i.e. turns the steering wheel and prompts you to accelerate and brake.

EDIT: Pcbrew beat me to it
Raspartan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #52
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Open Road BMW in Newmarket.

There is no exec package on the 335, only premium. I got a sportline with Premium. I did not get the HUD, extended bluetooth, or driver assistance. the only option above premium I got was sat radio.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
bananachipz:

Which dealership did u go to? The best I got was like $68K for the 335i. Is yours fully optioned?

I went with this:

335i Sport Line
Mineral Grey with Everest Gray or Coral Red
Executive Package
Premium Package
Driver Assistance Package
BMW Apps
BMW Assist with Extended Bluetooth

By the way, what's the difference between PARK DISTANCE CONTROL and PARK ASSISTANT?
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #53
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Btw pdc only has sensors in the rear on the 3 series.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #54
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,096
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz
Btw pdc only has sensors in the rear on the 3 series.
Maybe I should take out those options and get the 335i for the price you got!

Thanks bud, something I have to think about. Coz $62K is almost the same as the 328i with all those options I mentioned.

Hmmmm
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #55
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,096
iTrader: (0)

Thanks PCBREW AND RASPARTAN.

I had a feeling but you guys just confirmed it! Thanks again!

Do u think the rear sensors are standard on the 335i with the premium package but not on the 328i?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #56
Raspartan
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 693
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Thanks PCBREW AND RASPARTAN.

I had a feeling but you guys just confirmed it! Thanks again!

Do u think the rear sensors are standard on the 335i with the premium package but not on the 328i?
Rear PDC is part of the Premium package for both 328 and 335. Front PDC has to be ordered as a separate option and I believe only available for the 335.
Raspartan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #57
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Rear PDC is part of the Premium package for both 328 and 335. Front PDC has to be ordered as a separate option and I believe only available for the 335.
I believe if you get Park Assist, you get front PDC, as it needs the sensors to park. I don't think you can just get front PDC standalone.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #58
Carnook
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 2012 F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 261
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
I believe if you get Park Assist, you get front PDC, as it needs the sensors to park. I don't think you can just get front PDC standalone.
In Canada, ordering Park Assistant (5DP) requires that you also order Park Distance Control Front and Rear (508). You have to pay for both.

If you just want Park Distance Control front & rear (508) you can order that without ordering Park Assistance (5DP).
Carnook is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #59
14 335 M Performance Ed
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335Xi Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alberta

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonko View Post
In terms of packages, I think your friend should opt out everything except for lane departure warning and heated steering wheel. I personally found these two unnecessary. I live in Vancouver.
I live in Calgary and would highly recommend the heated steering wheel for most Canadians. It is great; no need to wear gloves on those cold mornings most of us deal with with in the winter!
14 335 M Performance Ed is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #60
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
In Canada, ordering Park Assistant (5DP) requires that you also order Park Distance Control Front and Rear (508). You have to pay for both.

If you just want Park Distance Control front & rear (508) you can order that without ordering Park Assistance (5DP).

Right.... on a 335i, the Premium pkg includes Park Distance Control. It actually says in the description that it's front and back as well. It also looks that if you don't order the Premium Pkg, you can order PDC for $900..
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #61
Calmwinds
Private First Class
 
Drives: Everywhere
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

the build on bmw.ca is back up again. Damn, a fully loaded 335i is almost 70K with taxes. It's really getting close to M3 price.
Calmwinds is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #62
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,096
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwinds
the build on bmw.ca is back up again. Damn, a fully loaded 335i is almost 70K with taxes. It's really getting close to M3 price.
I know!

I'm thinking of leasing now. I've never done a lease before. If I finance a 335i, I'm looking at $900 per month plus insurance which is another $330. I'm looking at $1230 per month for a NON-M3 car!!!

If I lease a fully loaded 328i with $7K as drive away costs, I'm looking at $680 per month. So if I get a 335i and remove some options, it'll be around the $680 per month which I'm happy with.

But guys do u suggest leasing? This one is for 48 months with 24km's annually. What do u think? :
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #63
Calmwinds
Private First Class
 
Drives: Everywhere
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I know!

I'm thinking of leasing now. I've never done a lease before. If I finance a 335i, I'm looking at $900 per month plus insurance which is another $330. I'm looking at $1230 per month for a NON-M3 car!!!

If I lease a fully loaded 328i with $7K as drive away costs, I'm looking at $680 per month. So if I get a 335i and remove some options, it'll be around the $680 per month which I'm happy with.

But guys do u suggest leasing? This one is for 48 months with 24km's annually. What do u think? :
maybe it's better to just wait for the m3. buy once, buy right. But who knows, maybe the m sport will feature some good stuff like the speculate power bump.
Calmwinds is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #64
Ashbmw
Private
 
Drives: 2012 335i alpine white
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mississauga

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
In Canada, ordering Park Assistant (5DP) requires that you also order Park Distance Control Front and Rear (508). You have to pay for both.

If you just want Park Distance Control front & rear (508) you can order that without ordering Park Assistance (5DP).

Right.... on a 335i, the Premium pkg includes Park Distance Control. It actually says in the description that it's front and back as well. It also looks that if you don't order the Premium Pkg, you can order PDC for $900..

my 335 is with the premium package but it doesnt have the front sensors only back.
Ashbmw is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #65
Ashbmw
Private
 
Drives: 2012 335i alpine white
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mississauga

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwinds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I know!

I'm thinking of leasing now. I've never done a lease before. If I finance a 335i, I'm looking at $900 per month plus insurance which is another $330. I'm looking at $1230 per month for a NON-M3 car!!!

If I lease a fully loaded 328i with $7K as drive away costs, I'm looking at $680 per month. So if I get a 335i and remove some options, it'll be around the $680 per month which I'm happy with.

But guys do u suggest leasing? This one is for 48 months with 24km's annually. What do u think? :
maybe it's better to just wait for the m3. buy once, buy right. But who knows, maybe the m sport will feature some good stuff like the speculate power bump.
why not lease? im leasing it with 2k down plus pdi all admin fees 335i with premium package 796/mnth taxes in...
Ashbmw is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #66
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

I don't see a front pdc option on the 335i configurator. And it's not on the Canadian car ordering guide listing all the option codes.

I think the 335i comes with it front and rear with premium package.
RASHID007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST