F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Warning Triangle Mount
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Rick4345
Lieutenant
Rick4345's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Mineral Gray
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (7)

Exclamation Warning Triangle Mount

Does anyone know how the warning triangle mounts in the trunk, such as the european delivery has. I have the assembly from my old car. I see the indentaiton on the trunk lid, but mine mounted on the left side. If I need the brackets for the trunk lid does anyone have the parts numbers. THANKS!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

The black plastic clamps are part number "51 49 7 167 548"
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
wdlv
First Lieutenant
wdlv's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line GS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

I gather they're easy to snap in (for installation) or out (to disassemble)? Can't tell if there are any screws on these clamps.

I ask since on an ED, you get a warning triangle and a first aid kit but after it ships they are taken out since they are not U.S. standard. In the brochure it mentions that they may be kept but must be taken out prior to drop-off.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
gator15
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
I gather they're easy to snap in (for installation) or out (to disassemble)? Can't tell if there are any screws on these clamps.

I ask since on an ED, you get a warning triangle and a first aid kit but after it ships they are taken out since they are not U.S. standard. In the brochure it mentions that they may be kept but must be taken out prior to drop-off.
I am wondering the same thing. I will be picking up my F30 next month on ED and am curious about what tool(s) I need to bring to remove the brackets.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Rick4345
Lieutenant
Rick4345's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Mineral Gray
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (7)

torx screws

I think they are held in place bya T20 or T25 torx screw. I have those, I just needed the brackets. E90 Fleet, THANKS A LOT!!! HUGHE HELP.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
I think they are held in place bya T20 or T25 torx screw. I have those, I just needed the brackets. E90 Fleet, THANKS A LOT!!! HUGHE HELP.
Sorry, forgot the screws

Each has 1 screw and a plastic nut they screw into

Dont know if USA cars have the nut in the trunk lid so you may have to add them

Part numbers ( You need 2 of everything )
Bracket "51 49 7 167 548"
Screw "07 11 9 906 876"
Plastic nut "51 71 7 154 520"
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Feanor
Lieutenant
13
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 320d Luxury 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
I ask since on an ED, you get a warning triangle and a first aid kit but after it ships they are taken out since they are not U.S. standard. In the brochure it mentions that they may be kept but must be taken out prior to drop-off.
So you can have a non-US standard warning triangle in your own car, and can be supplied with a non-standard triangle separately from your car, and presumably you can use a non-US standard triangle in an emergency, but you can't be supplied with a non-US standard triangle WITH your car?

Isn't any triangle better than non?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
So you can have a non-US standard warning triangle in your own car, and can be supplied with a non-standard triangle separately from your car, and presumably you can use a non-US standard triangle in an emergency, but you can't be supplied with a non-US standard triangle WITH your car?

Isn't any triangle better than non?
US has some strange laws.
They also cannot get the Euro First Aid kit
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
Rick4345
Lieutenant
Rick4345's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Mineral Gray
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (7)

Update

Well, I received the mounts. Everything went great right up to the point of storing the triangle. Apparently the mounts are too small for the triangle that I have. I didn't think they would be a different size for the triangle.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
Well, I received the mounts. Everything went great right up to the point of storing the triangle. Apparently the mounts are too small for the triangle that I have. I didn't think they would be a different size for the triangle.
F30 triangle is part number 71 60 6 770 487
What the part number on the one you have ? Is the cover red ?
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
Rick4345
Lieutenant
Rick4345's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Mineral Gray
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (7)

Triangle

The part number I have is 1095457. The cover is blue. I tried ordering one using the part number you gave me. I couldn't find one through BMW channels. I looked on the ECS website and they have them in stock. Just ordered one. We'll see how it goes. As usual, I am greatful for the help.

Last edited by Rick4345; 04-04-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Changed text of message
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
The part number I have is 1095457. The cover is blue. I tried ordering one using the part number you gave me. I couldn't find one through BMW channels. I looked on the ECS website and they have them in stock. Just ordered one. We'll see how it goes. As usual, I am greatful for the help.
Found this one:
E90 2009+ one is exactly the same as F30 one
I see there are some people got blue ones, but with the exact same size as the red.
The Blue you had is the larger blue one from the pre-facelift E90


http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/mercha...Code=E90Safety
Attached Images
  
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job

Last edited by E90Fleet; 04-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
bcl0328
Major
38
Rep
1,159
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Abingdon, MD

iTrader: (0)

does every car have a net like that? i don't have one.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
157
Rep
8,096
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
does every car have a net like that? i don't have one.
No, its part of the Storage Compartment Package option.

There is a nicer larger net available from the dealers
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
BMWFanatic2008
Captain
BMWFanatic2008's Avatar
8
Rep
714
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
F30 triangle is part number 71 60 6 770 487
What the part number on the one you have ? Is the cover red ?
Do you know if a triangle from 2010 E92 (pre-LCI) will fit F30?

Last edited by BMWFanatic2008; 12-20-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #17
neilk
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator15 View Post
I am wondering the same thing. I will be picking up my F30 next month on ED and am curious about what tool(s) I need to bring to remove the brackets.
You don't need to remove the bracket, just bring the triangle and first aid kit back with you. That what I did on my ED. Brackets were still there when I got the car.

I think BMW's concern os that anything that is not bolted down in the car can be stolen...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST