F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M performance front splitter dealer install or diy?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
F30Allen
Private
6
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: F30 Estoril Blue M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pico Rivera

iTrader: (0)

M performance front splitter dealer install or diy?

What's up guys just got my M Performance front splitter delivered. Was wondering if it was worth getting it done at the dealer since it has warranty or should I do it myself or go to Indy shop? I just want it to be installed correctly. Any suggestions? Advice?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
XKxRome0ox
f30noob
United_States
34
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: '01 325i/'16 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Allen View Post
What's up guys just got my M Performance front splitter delivered. Was wondering if it was worth getting it done at the dealer since it has warranty or should I do it myself or go to Indy shop? I just want it to be installed correctly. Any suggestions? Advice?
bro
it's the easiest thing to install

if you can't install this on your own, i don't know how you can operate a 3000+ lb piece of machinery on the road

have you even looked at the DIY thread for it?
__________________

2016 328i - 6MT/M Sport Package/Track Handling Package
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
tmdals0213
Major
tmdals0213's Avatar
Switzerland
64
Rep
1,269
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: amazon.com/prime

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
bro
it's the easiest thing to install

if you can't install this on your own, i don't know how you can operate a 3000+ lb piece of machinery on the road

have you even looked at the DIY thread for it?
savage
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas

Current: 2016 F30 340i BSM/Coral Red
Past: 2013 E93 335is Mineral White/Black
Instagram: 340i_bsm_cr
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #4
XKxRome0ox
f30noob
United_States
34
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: '01 325i/'16 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
savage
lol
hey, i'm basing it on the fact that even *I* was able to install the front splitter
without even raising the car up
__________________

2016 328i - 6MT/M Sport Package/Track Handling Package
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
Bronxie
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Dealers would probably rape you in price. I'm about to order one and looks like it would only take an hour of time.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #6
Trcb777
Captain
Trcb777's Avatar
United_States
156
Rep
781
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

If you want it done right, do it yourself
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:13 AM   #7
tmdals0213
Major
tmdals0213's Avatar
Switzerland
64
Rep
1,269
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: amazon.com/prime

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
lol
hey, i'm basing it on the fact that even *I* was able to install the front splitter
without even raising the car up
LOL wanna install mine, while i wash your car? haha
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas

Current: 2016 F30 340i BSM/Coral Red
Past: 2013 E93 335is Mineral White/Black
Instagram: 340i_bsm_cr
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #8
zinner
Second Lieutenant
zinner's Avatar
56
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

The hardest part for me was the beta link and it's application. I made a bit of a mess of it. Just be ready with some solvent to clean away any beta link that squeezes out. Also you need to grab a plastic rivet gun from like harbor frieght.

It's not hard, took me maybe an hour if that.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #9
hollandog
Captain
hollandog's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
737
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: nyc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
The hardest part for me was the beta link and it's application. I made a bit of a mess of it. Just be ready with some solvent to clean away any beta link that squeezes out. Also you need to grab a plastic rivet gun from like harbor frieght.

It's not hard, took me maybe an hour if that.
I used 3M double sided tape. No betalink involved.
You can also use the existing rivets on the bumper. I didn't need a rivet gun.

If would be easier to screw in the center screw if you jack up the front of the car.

IMO it's easier than replacing the grills. I had hard time pulling out the grills and ended up breaking both.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST