F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cool feature, find something, learn anything?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #419
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBroady View Post
That's no moon! That's a Space... Never mind, wrong movie.
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #420
rjberry
Captain
 
rjberry's Avatar
 
Drives: Moonstone 335d XDrive M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Wales

Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBroady View Post
That's no moon! That's a Space... Never mind, wrong movie.


Just to get it slightly back on track, I just tried the windows and they close too. Comfort Access rocks
__________________


335d XDrive M Sport Moonstone with Black Merino Leather interior
rjberry is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #421
ChiefBroady
Private
 
Drives: 2013 328i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post


Just to get it slightly back on track, I just tried the windows and they close too. Comfort Access rocks
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Had it on the e90 and wouldn't want to miss it on the f30 either.
ChiefBroady is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #422
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
 
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
So moonroof = sunroof? That makes no sense. Since a sunroof is something you open when it's sunny, and is heavily tinted to protect you from the sun, a moonroof is ... what, something you open at night for no benefit?
A sunroof was the early incarnation of a moonroof. The sunroof was just a painted panel that opened and was the same color as the car. A moonroof is a glass panel that opens.
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
SCBimmerKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #423
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

Maybe in your world but a glass panel wihch opens is called a sunroof in mine You know ... because you can see the sun through it I've honestly never heard of a moonroof before and I've had what you describe on most of my cars ever.
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #424
bcl0328
Major
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Abingdon, MD

Posts: 1,145
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
With comfort access, holding my finger on the ridge part of the door handle to lock the car and keeping it there for a few seconds will automatically fold the door mirrors in.
i tried this and it did not fold in my mirrors.
bcl0328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #425
boltjames
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
i tried this and it did not fold in my mirrors.
It's a standard European feature, not available in the US.

BJ
boltjames is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #426
ChiefBroady
Private
 
Drives: 2013 328i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
It's a standard European feature, not available in the US.

BJ
But only if you have the auto dimming electric side mirrors, which are unfortunately not a standard feature in every country and quite expensive to order.
__________________
2013 328i M-Sport, EB2, DHP, Adaptive Xenon, CA and some other stuff.

Last edited by ChiefBroady; 09-05-2012 at 04:20 AM.
ChiefBroady is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #427
ChiefBroady
Private
 
Drives: 2013 328i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
A sunroof was the early incarnation of a moonroof. The sunroof was just a painted panel that opened and was the same color as the car. A moonroof is a glass panel that opens.
I just googled it and it seem it is a real term. Learned something new.

A sunroof with glass instead of metall sliding or tilting away is called a moonroof since Ford used the term in the 70s. So it's probably a US specific term.
__________________
2013 328i M-Sport, EB2, DHP, Adaptive Xenon, CA and some other stuff.
ChiefBroady is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #428
NoLemon
...
 
NoLemon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alameda, CA

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmduke2001
Picked up my m-sport on 8.17.12. One thing that I find really frustrating is the fact that you must have the car "on" in order to use the garage door opener. Normally, I would pull into the garage, turn off the car and then hit the button to close the door as I get out but the button is useless if the car is off.
Does not sound thread related. Sounds more like a complain than a cool feature.
I found that you can still open the garage 2 seconds after the car is off.
NoLemon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #429
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBroady View Post
I just googled it and it seem it is a real term. Learned something new.

A sunroof with glass instead of metall sliding or tilting away is called a moonroof since Ford used the term in the 70s. So it's probably a US specific term.
Yeah that's what I found - Ford introduced the concept int eh states in the 70s and it stuck whilst the rest of the world still call it a sunroof
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #430
NAV8TT
Major
 
NAV8TT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 878
iTrader: (0)

I just added windshield fluid for the first time, once I opened the top, I noticed that it is totally obliterated by a bumpy surface, I poured some fluid on it thinking that the fluid probably won't go through and it but it actually did. I guess they placed that thing with tiny pores to prevent shit from getting in there.
__________________
NAV8TT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #431
einlanzer
Private
 
einlanzer's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

The car has a sensor that detects pollutants in the outside air.. how cool is that?
Attached Images
 
einlanzer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #432
hhuberla
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i XDrive (Sport)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Cruise Control

So, when I first saw this thread I thought "oh look, a thread for people who haven't read the manual" . But, now I'm posting here too so I haven't read the manual as well as I thought.

I used cruise control for the first time yesterday and I noticed that a little read light comes on on the outside of the mail speedometer ring to indicate the speed that CC is set to. And the light turns green when CC is on and you're at the speed that's programmed. I think it's a very good-looking way to show this and was a pleasant surprise. I've had my 335i XDrive Sport for two weeks now and it's always nice the be surprised by a feature you never knew about!

h
hhuberla is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #433
ChiefBroady
Private
 
Drives: 2013 328i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by einlanzer View Post
The car has a sensor that detects pollutants in the outside air.. how cool is that?
I had that allready on my e90. But I think it requires the "big" 2 zone ac. Do you even have the small version outside of Germany?
__________________
2013 328i M-Sport, EB2, DHP, Adaptive Xenon, CA and some other stuff.
ChiefBroady is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #434
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuberla View Post
So, when I first saw this thread I thought "oh look, a thread for people who haven't read the manual" . But, now I'm posting here too so I haven't read the manual as well as I thought.

I used cruise control for the first time yesterday and I noticed that a little read light comes on on the outside of the mail speedometer ring to indicate the speed that CC is set to. And the light turns green when CC is on and you're at the speed that's programmed. I think it's a very good-looking way to show this and was a pleasant surprise. I've had my 335i XDrive Sport for two weeks now and it's always nice the be surprised by a feature you never knew about!

h
The red line also hightlights the speed you will return to if you press resume.
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #435
Alpine F31
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Alpine F31's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posts: 1,710
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Maybe it's to stop someone smashing your window and activating your garage door, enabling them to steal your car more easily? Or if your car is parked outside, maybe it's so someone can't smash your car wiondow and break into your house more easily through your garage?
I think it's the latter. I just noticed that it works like this as I just programmed it. My wife's car (Kia Optima) has the same system but will open the garage door even with the ignition off. I'm always after her to lock her car while it's in the driveway because anyone can open her door then open our garage....
I think BMW got it right.
Alpine F31 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #436
RobUK
Major
 
RobUK's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

Posts: 1,095
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by einlanzer View Post
The car has a sensor that detects pollutants in the outside air.. how cool is that?
You mean if you're following an Audi then it automatically prevents the stink from entering your cabin? (Ok, not all Audi's)

Two interesting things I have found over the past few weeks...

1. In Eco Pro mode if you get up to 75mph the Black Panel Display shows you a little curved blue arrow pointing to the let to suggest you slow down. (Think the letters mph also light up in yellow). However, if you continue to boot it, then it goes a step further and changes the graphic to a picture of you taking your foot off the throttle pedal!

2. You can't defeat the self-cancelling indicators. On most cars I've owned, you can defeat the self-cancelling indicators by keeping the indicator stalk held down (or up). Not so in the F30 - the car will cancel the indicator when it deems it ought to and you have to press the indicator stalk again. Bit of an annoyance in some cases.
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
RobUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #437
einlanzer
Private
 
einlanzer's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post

1. In Eco Pro mode if you get up to 75mph the Black Panel Display shows you a little curved blue arrow pointing to the let to suggest you slow down. (Think the letters mph also light up in yellow). However, if you continue to boot it, then it goes a step further and changes the graphic to a picture of you taking your foot off the throttle pedal!
Yup.. but you can change that speed from 75mph to whatever you want in the eco pro settings.
einlanzer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #438
SGScuba
Private First Class
 
SGScuba's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 328i F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
2. You can't defeat the self-cancelling indicators. On most cars I've owned, you can defeat the self-cancelling indicators by keeping the indicator stalk held down (or up). Not so in the F30 - the car will cancel the indicator when it deems it ought to and you have to press the indicator stalk again. Bit of an annoyance in some cases.
Huh? I thought you can. Push the indicator stalk to the point of resistance, then press down (or up) further (i.e., push past the resistance), and the indicator will continue to indicate (no longer self-cancel) until you turn the steering wheel beyond the appropriate angle or until you cancel the indicator manually.
__________________
Finally arrived: BMW F30 328i Sportline
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
SGScuba is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #439
335iAW
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 AW 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: WA

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

18" Sport wheels color change

I just picked up my 335i Sport yesterday. The 18" wheels have changed. They are now all "shadow chrome" (not sure what the color is actually called) rather than the inside walls being dark and the surface of the wheels being a brushed silver type look.

Subtle change, but it makes a huge difference in appearance (to me anyway).

My dealer didn't notice, but I did
335iAW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #440
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,975
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iAW View Post
I just picked up my 335i Sport yesterday. The 18" wheels have changed. They are now all "shadow chrome" (not sure what the color is actually called) rather than the inside walls being dark and the surface of the wheels being a brushed silver type look.

Subtle change, but it makes a huge difference in appearance (to me anyway).

My dealer didn't notice, but I did
let me see a picture of it
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST