F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cool feature, find something, learn anything?
Extreme Power House

02-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #1189
BMWrules7
Major

Drives: 2011 750Li, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328
Seems like every day there is something I learn about this car or find a new feature. I don't know if there is a thread or if I should read the manual but I like hearing about other people's experiences.

Today I was in the trunk and found out where the battery and fuses are! And also some handy tools like a screwdriver that has Philips and Flathead as well as the tow hook.

There is also a button on the trunk itself to open it.

In another thread I learned the 1-8 buttons could be programmed as anything.

Anyone else find other interesting/neat things?
Here is my contribution. This is for your iphone.

1. Hold down the power switch at the top of your iphone. 2. Depress the round button on the lower middle face of the iphone.

You just took a picture of your screen. Anything on your iphone is now in your picture folder!

Try it! This is awesome!
      02-01-2014, 01:08 AM   #1190
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328
Seems like every day there is something I learn about this car or find a new feature. I don't know if there is a thread or if I should read the manual but I like hearing about other people's experiences.

Today I was in the trunk and found out where the battery and fuses are! And also some handy tools like a screwdriver that has Philips and Flathead as well as the tow hook.

There is also a button on the trunk itself to open it.

In another thread I learned the 1-8 buttons could be programmed as anything.

Anyone else find other interesting/neat things?

1. Hold down the power switch at the top of your iphone. 2. Depress the round button on the lower middle face of the iphone.

You just took a picture of your screen. Anything on your iphone is now in your picture folder!

Try it! This is awesome!
That is old school!
      02-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #1191
Thlian
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 320d XDrive AT Touring M-Sport

I always thought the "docking" of the trailer hitch was electromechanical locked and I had to lock in "trailer" position by hand. But to my amusement (I just LOVE those gadget stuff), it`s a full electrical positioned hitch! Thumbs up for that, I`ve always been used to a detachable trailer hitch done by hand. And the result is that you never bother taking it off again
      02-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #1192
joedoe
Private

Drives: 2014MY BMW328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post

Try it! This is awesome!
What it has to do with BMW?
      02-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #1193
Agamemnon
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 335ix EB2, Mppk, Akra

It was cold enough here in the Pacific Northwest for me to finally turn on the steering wheel heat. It warms up pretty quickly. The button is on the steering column on the driver's side. I found it without too much fumbling.
Agamemnon is offline   Canada
      02-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #1194
diablo2112
14 F30 335i & 14 F31 328d

Drives: F30 335i 2014 & F31 328d 2014

If you hit the phone button on the wheel, your recently called numbers will appear in the gauge cluster and you can use the scroll wheel to select between them. This saved me a preset button for calling my wife. Quite handy.
      02-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #1195
Newton2001
Private

Drives: 435i X-Drive M Sport ('13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2112 View Post
If you hit the phone button on the wheel, your recently called numbers will appear in the gauge cluster and you can use the scroll wheel to select between them. This saved me a preset button for calling my wife. Quite handy.
Right!

If you have HUD, it goes up on your windschield!
Newton2001 is offline   Switzerland
      02-02-2014, 02:34 AM   #1196
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?

Drives: '13 F30 328xi

Haven't seen this posted yet, but just as well known with previous 3 series cars,
you can extend the range of the remote fob by pushing it against you chin...
essentially using your head as an antenna.
visor is offline   Canada
      02-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #1197
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
Haven't seen this posted yet, but just as well known with previous 3 series cars,
LOL I was just telling somebody that the other day. It does work.
      02-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #1198
Vitoco
Captain

Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
That's common knowledge and works with any key remote haha
      02-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #1199
Gerry1314
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2014 435i xDrive Sport Line

I didn't think there was a way to turn off the iDrive control screen, but when I activate voice and say "heads up display", it toggles off the screen. Do anything with the iDrive controller and it toggles back on. Is that supposed to happen? If so, then I like it.
      02-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #1200
UltimateB
Private

Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

I have my iDrive in split screen mode, where it shows album art on the left side, and GPS on the right.

I don't normally use GPS since I know where places I need to go are but the other day I had to go somewhere I've never been.

The GPS is setup with top down view, north oriented. What happened is that when I was approaching a turn off, the view changed, and it turned into a lane-assisted view. Showed me what lane I needed to get into. Never saw that before.
UltimateB is offline   Canada
+1
      02-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #1201
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1314 View Post
I didn't think there was a way to turn off the iDrive control screen, but when I activate voice and say "heads up display", it toggles off the screen. Do anything with the iDrive controller and it toggles back on. Is that supposed to happen? If so, then I like it.
You can also turn the display off directly by clicking Option and selecting the corresponding line (I can't remember the exact wording).

I programmed shortcut button 5 to turn the display off as I don't always want the screen on. The shortcut button also acts like a toggle and will turn it on if the display is off.

If the display is off and you have the rear camera and put the car in reverse, the display will automatically turn itself on to show your the camera view; very nice design!

P.S. you can also press the voice command button and say "display off" and that will do it too!
Frogman is offline   United_States
      02-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #1202
Carnook
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 2012 F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1314 View Post
Voice activation: control display off.
Carnook is offline   Canada
      05-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #1203
bcl0328
Major

Drives: 2012 328i

bumping for new 4-series owners.
      05-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #1204
FranklynIsabell
Registered

Drives: BMW

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of car remote control jammer blocker as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Last edited by FranklynIsabell; 05-21-2014 at 01:33 AM.
      05-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #1205
HFW003
Major

Drives: Havana 328 Modern Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklynIsabell View Post
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of car remote control jammer blocker as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
How uncanny, I was just thinking that very thing!

NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      05-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #1206
FranklynIsabell
Registered

Drives: BMW

As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the cell phone jammer china product.

Last edited by FranklynIsabell; 05-21-2014 at 01:38 AM.
      05-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #1207
HFW003
Major

Drives: Havana 328 Modern Line

Quote:
As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the cell phone jammer china product.
So you said!
      05-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #1208
BMWbill
BMW Enthusiast

Drives: F31 M-Sport wagon, E46 M3

Quote:
HEYYYY!!!! Frankie!!!!
It's great to see you. When did you get OUT?

F31 Estoril Blue Wagon | E46 Phoenix Yellow M3 | 1958 BMW R50 | 1981 BMW Café Racer
My BMW café racer on BikeEXIF
BMWbill is offline   United_States
      05-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #1209
sygazelle
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport

Quote:
This gobbledygook paragraph is not original. It was posted as early as 2009 and maybe earlier. It has been copied by countless people for who knows what reason and it is just as weird now as it was then.

FranklynIsabell, anything original and, I don't know, on topic?
      05-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #1210
Mr. Big
Private

Drives: '75 2002, '14 435i M Sport

If you press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel, you activate Siri instead of the car's voice recognition system (iPhone only).