F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cool feature, find something, learn anything?
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #155
Raspartan
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 693
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
So does Canadian vehicle have it or not?
The Canadian vehicle allows you to open the windows (possibly sunroof too, didn't hold it down long enough) with the remote, but not to close them that way. To close them you have to do it manually or by holding down the lock spot if you have CA.
Raspartan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #156
BaeWatch
New Member
 
Drives: 2005 BMW 330i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hawthorne, NJ

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCrew
Finally pick up my ED 335i Luxury line today. One cool feature that i noticed is SPORT + mode. I thought this only came with Sport Line
Are you serious? Luxury line comes with sport+? That's awesome! I'm ordering the luxury line, but want the sport package too. If this is true, you just made my day
BaeWatch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #157
AggieTexan
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

This thread makes my head spin...I can see I have a lot to learn!
AggieTexan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #158
Sephanite
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW Z4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 537
iTrader: (0)

In older model BMW aswell, when the engine is off, flick the high beam for follow me home lights
Sephanite is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #159
Elk
Major
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: *

Posts: 1,275
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
This thread makes my head spin...I can see I have a lot to learn!
There are many features and many quirks.
Elk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #160
PrinceBarin
Major
 
Drives: 430D
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaeWatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCrew
Finally pick up my ED 335i Luxury line today. One cool feature that i noticed is SPORT + mode. I thought this only came with Sport Line
Are you serious? Luxury line comes with sport+? That's awesome! I'm ordering the luxury line, but want the sport package too. If this is true, you just made my day
Sorry to disappoint but the Luxury line does not come with Sport+ mode. However, I understand Sport+ does come on any car fitted with Sports suspension, Sports steering or Sport auto.
PrinceBarin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #161
AggieTexan
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
In older model BMW aswell, when the engine is off, flick the high beam for follow me home lights
What are follow me home lights?
AggieTexan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #162
PrinceBarin
Major
 
Drives: 430D
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
In older model BMW aswell, when the engine is off, flick the high beam for follow me home lights
What are follow me home lights?
Your headlights will stay switched on for a preset time after you lock your car. The idea is that they will keep your driveway lit while you get into the house.
PrinceBarin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #163
Wild M
Private
 
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mississauga

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
So does Canadian vehicle have it or not?
Well, I just received my new 335i Sport line. I verified that the windows close when you press and hold the ridge patch on the door handle but do not close when you push and hold the lock button on the remote. Also, our mirrors don't budge.
Wild M is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #164
Raspartan
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 693
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
Well, I just received my new 335i Sport line. I verified that the windows close when you press and hold the ridge patch on the door handle but do not close when you push and hold the lock button on the remote. Also, our mirrors don't budge.
Hey, congrats on the new car!
Raspartan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #165
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,774
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
Well, I just received my new 335i Sport line. I verified that the windows close when you press and hold the ridge patch on the door handle but do not close when you push and hold the lock button on the remote. Also, our mirrors don't budge.
I think it might be a safety feature that you are not able to close the windows via the remote, to avoid pinching fingers inadvertently...

The engineering thought is that: via remote you could be not in visual contact with the car, and therefore could not sure whether someone is actually be in danger if the windows were to be raised up without supervision.

I wish i could have my car right now to verify also this fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
What are follow me home lights?
This feature has been standard with other japanese and american cars for generations already... it's sad that BMW 3 series only got it now...
a bit late to the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCrew View Post
Finally pick up my ED 335i Luxury line today. One cool feature that i noticed is SPORT + mode. I thought this only came with Sport Line
Luxury Line only get Sport Mode, not the Sport + mode...

unless i have missed something...
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #166
Kristof
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport MG
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
I think it might be a safety feature that you are not able to close the windows via the remote, to avoid pinching fingers inadvertently...

The engineering thought is that: via remote you could be not in visual contact with the car, and therefore could not sure whether someone is actually be in danger if the windows were to be raised up without supervision.
Long-pressing the remote does close the sunroof and all windows on my EU-spec 328i. We probably traded this feature for the no signal one..
Kristof is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #167
pcbrew
Captain
 
pcbrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
(Follow Me Home) This feature has been standard with other japanese and american cars for generations already... it's sad that BMW 3 series only got it now...
a bit late to the game...
I do not think this is new. I am pretty sure my '02 E46 has this feature
pcbrew is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #168
Wild M
Private
 
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mississauga

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Hey, congrats on the new car!
Thanks Raspartan. I'm having a lot of fun learning about all the neat features. As for the drive, my initial impression: I'm glad I ordered the M sport suspension. I was worried that it would be too hard, but in reality it feels quite soft compared to my brain rattling Z4M suspension. I wouldn't want anything softer than what I got.

When the weather improves, I'll post some pictures so you can see the colour combination: liquid blue on coral red.
Wild M is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #169
Howowcanigo
Private First Class
 
Drives: Opel Astra
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
I do not think this is new. I am pretty sure my '02 E46 has this feature
I recall a television show I watched when the E46 was introduced where they tested the E46. The follow me home lights as well as some other cool new features at the time as seats/steering wheel/mirrors with memory function were mentionned. To my recollection, BMW was the first to offer this feature at the time (but I could be wrong on that one).

Howow
Howowcanigo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #170
AggieTexan
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Your headlights will stay switched on for a preset time after you lock your car. The idea is that they will keep your driveway lit while you get into the house.
Thanks! I've never heard them called that.
AggieTexan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #171
Raspartan
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 693
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristof View Post
Long-pressing the remote does close the sunroof and all windows on my EU-spec 328i. We probably traded this feature for the no signal one..
I confirmed that if I hold down the button long enough the sunroof will also open.

As for trading of "features" for options, if Canadians had to trade a "feature" for every option that we're missing the car would be an unusable death trap.
Raspartan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #172
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
 
svache's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 1,881
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Luxury Line only get Sport Mode, not the Sport + mode...

unless i have missed something...
lol I have the Lux and do have Sport+ ..it seems that as long as you have one of the Sports things (sport gearbox, variable sport steering (I have this), etc), they will add Sport+ as well =)
__________________
F30 328i Luxury w/ Mojave metallic, beige interior (timeline)


Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
svache is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #173
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,774
iTrader: (0)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
lol I have the Lux and do have Sport+ ..it seems that as long as you have one of the Sports things (sport gearbox, variable sport steering (I have this), etc), they will add Sport+ as well =)
Do 19" wheels count as sporty??
Those wheels make my Luxury looks mighty sporty ...
Therefore i should get that Sport + mode no!?!



Damn iT
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #174
CoolDude196
.
 
CoolDude196's Avatar
 
Drives: f30 20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

Posts: 615
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328
Seems like every day there is something I learn about this car or find a new feature. I don't know if there is a thread or if I should read the manual but I like hearing about other people's experiences.

Today I was in the trunk and found out where the battery and fuses are! And also some handy tools like a screwdriver that has Philips and Flathead as well as the tow hook.

There is also a button on the trunk itself to open it.

In another thread I learned the 1-8 buttons could be programmed as anything.

Anyone else find other interesting/neat things?
I think congratulations are in order for making the most useful thread for those of us awaiting order, and the most interesting thread ive seen in a long time. Excited isnt the word... This thread will keep me going these next few weeks
__________________
AW Sport 20d, 2tb, 552, lc, 397 plus others
CoolDude196 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #175
RJCrew
Private First Class
 
RJCrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i F30 MW/ED Apr
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Coast

Posts: 139
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Sorry to disappoint but the Luxury line does not come with Sport+ mode. However, I understand Sport+ does come on any car fitted with Sports suspension, Sports steering or Sport auto.
Disagree, My Luxury line comes with SPort+ mode. See attached.
Attached Images
 
RJCrew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #176
PrinceBarin
Major
 
Drives: 430D
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Sorry to disappoint but the Luxury line does not come with Sport+ mode. However, I understand Sport+ does come on any car fitted with Sports suspension, Sports steering or Sport auto.
Disagree, My Luxury line comes with SPort+ mode. See attached.
Sorry, I should have Luxury line does not feature sports+ as standard. Presumably you have one of the 'sports' options (sports auto, sports suspension, sports steering etc), or no?

My Luxury line definitely does not have sports+.

Either way, nice that you have it!

Oh, and to echo another post - this is a fantastic thread!
PrinceBarin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST