F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > AU F30 Pricing
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #67
Stonewall
0
Registered
 
Drives: pending
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: WA

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectopic View Post
Whats a good rule of thumb to know you're making a low but not unrealistic offer? Any idea of margins they work with?

I didn't get a good deal and yet my salesman keeps going on about how they are making a small loss on the car they have sold me.... obviously not accurate compared to the prices being achieved by you guys.

I calculated that I got roughly 10% off the driveway price, although they tried to tell me I was asking for 13%-15% based on their inflated prices (dealer RRP a few grand higher than BMW Aust website).
Ectopic and other WA people

How did you find dealing with Autoclassic, experience in the past (a few years ago) they were a pain to negotiate with? How much did you get off in the end?
Stonewall is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #68
Paninaro
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Perth, WA

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Ectopic and other WA people

How did you find dealing with Autoclassic, experience in the past (a few years ago) they were a pain to negotiate with? How much did you get off in the end?
I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with Classics. I have always dealt with the same sales guy and although I was never buying a car purely based on discount they have always looked after me. The F30 is definately not a car they need discount to sell. The car is already in high demand and numbers coming through are very limited.
The margin they have built into the car will be based on a few factors but in most cases is just to allow for trade in's.
I didn't have a trade in so was given the discount in lieu of. See my qoute earlier in this thread.
__________________
F30 328i Luxury "Glacier Silver"
Paninaro is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #69
Ectopic
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

You will pay more in WA period. Autoclassic has the monopoly and owns both dealerships.

You might be able to save a few thousand by buying over East, but you'll have to pay for rail etc. and go through the hassle of registering it etc.
__________________
F30 328i Sportsline
Ectopic is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #70
Stonewall
0
Registered
 
Drives: pending
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: WA

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with Classics. I have always dealt with the same sales guy and although I was never buying a car purely based on discount they have always looked after me. The F30 is definately not a car they need discount to sell. The car is already in high demand and numbers coming through are very limited.
The margin they have built into the car will be based on a few factors but in most cases is just to allow for trade in's.
I didn't have a trade in so was given the discount in lieu of. See my qoute earlier in this thread.
It seems your corporate program helped a little on that. It is not chasing a massive discount, would be quite happy getting a discount on similar to your level.

Quote:
You will pay more in WA period. Autoclassic has the monopoly and owns both dealerships.

You might be able to save a few thousand by buying over East, but you'll have to pay for rail etc. and go through the hassle of registering it etc.
Yea I know and hard to do with brand new models. Your discount seems fairly reasonable (for WA), did you have any particular problems getting it?

Generally on other cars I have bought from other expensive brands is around the 10% I am quite happy with.
Stonewall is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #71
danielt
4
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Qld, Australia

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to danielt Send a message via MSN to danielt
Just a question, when you are negotiating on price, are the dealers willing to negotiate percentage wise on dealer pricing (which is before LCT, stamp duty etc), or on drive away pricing (which is inclusive of LCT, stamp duty etc), because at the end of the day the LCT goes to the government, so a 5% discount on the dealer price makes your "drive away price" a lot different to a 5% discount on the "drive away price".
danielt is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #72
J1n
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (0)

I usually go a with 5-6% of RRP
J1n is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #73
Dabaitu
29
Colonel
 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

Posts: 2,962
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt View Post
Just a question, when you are negotiating on price, are the dealers willing to negotiate percentage wise on dealer pricing (which is before LCT, stamp duty etc), or on drive away pricing (which is inclusive of LCT, stamp duty etc), because at the end of the day the LCT goes to the government, so a 5% discount on the dealer price makes your "drive away price" a lot different to a 5% discount on the "drive away price".
I negotiate on dealer price for car and options, keeping in mind what GST, Stamp duty and LCT (if applicable) are going to be on top of that.
Dabaitu is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #74
likeCarsThatDontRattle
0
Registered
 
likeCarsThatDontRattle's Avatar
 
Drives: Need one
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Pricing catalogue - Melbourne

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a 328i and I was just wondering whether there's a F30 pricing catalogue (Melbourne) somewhere that I can download (or checkout).

This will allow me to sum up the overall cost of a 328i with the options that I want and work towards a discount % when I meet up with a dealer in the very near future...

Thanking you all in advance...
likeCarsThatDontRattle is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #75
J1n
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeCarsThatDontRattle View Post
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a 328i and I was just wondering whether there's a F30 pricing catalogue (Melbourne) somewhere that I can download (or checkout).

This will allow me to sum up the overall cost of a 328i with the options that I want and work towards a discount % when I meet up with a dealer in the very near future...

Thanking you all in advance...
Hey mate... i got the pricing breakdown from my dealer.
J1n is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #76
ij05
0
Private
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeCarsThatDontRattle View Post
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a 328i and I was just wondering whether there's a F30 pricing catalogue (Melbourne) somewhere that I can download (or checkout).

This will allow me to sum up the overall cost of a 328i with the options that I want and work towards a discount % when I meet up with a dealer in the very near future...

Thanking you all in advance...
Easiest way would likely be redbook, they have all the options on there.
But sometimes, some options are cheaper as they're included in some other one (eg Extended Dash Display comes with the Pro Navigation - so you wouldn't option this if you have Pro etc).
ij05 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #77
J1n
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (0)

Ya redbook has it too but I find redbook abit confusing if you're not sure of what options are included in your model specification. So you maybe setting yourself up for a higher price.
J1n is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #78
CKau
3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 387
iTrader: (0)

Related topic i was researching the cost of adaptive headlights on redbook and noticed the price of the 328i has gone up by $1000 from $64900 to $65900.

I did a meticulous check of features in redbook and couldnt see any extra toys. Usually when they bump up the price i thought they add toys to lessen the sting?

Lucky i ordered mine just before the rise... That difference pays for an option!
__________________
328i aus spec |M adaptive suspension|sunroof|sport seats|self parking|extended display | aftermarket sound insulation
CKau is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #79
likeCarsThatDontRattle
0
Registered
 
likeCarsThatDontRattle's Avatar
 
Drives: Need one
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

thanks guys - much appreciate your inputs.

I'm thinking of moving into a 328i from an Audi Q5. What I did then was spec up a car I wanted from a price list of options that was available for download on their website (most options were itemised and costed).

I'll see how I go with red books - it may have to do in my initial rounds of meet and greet with the dealers...

Thanks again guys...
likeCarsThatDontRattle is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #80
J1n
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeCarsThatDontRattle View Post
thanks guys - much appreciate your inputs.

I'm thinking of moving into a 328i from an Audi Q5. What I did then was spec up a car I wanted from a price list of options that was available for download on their website (most options were itemised and costed).

I'll see how I go with red books - it may have to do in my initial rounds of meet and greet with the dealers...

Thanks again guys...
I think if you list your options here some of us maybe able to provide you with the sale value we negotiated
J1n is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #81
Tra08R
3
Money never sleeps
 
Drives: e92 - 2007
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 333
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcuban View Post
Hi everyone, this will be my first BMW, I have the following on order.

328i
Alpine white
Msport
Variable steering
HUD
PRO NAV
HK
Digital radio
Tint
Sun Roof
Black msport grill
Xenon lights
Sports floor mats
iPhone app

$79,565 OTR. I am thinking of adding heated front seats. I was told another $655 plus taxes.
Are u kidding me??? this is not in the slight way a competitive deal at all Id say. I have no doubt u can get it $73,600 + or - $1,000. You guys need to bargain harder.. what do u think this is?? its post GFC days.

Btw ur first BMW? pls.. the quality is so bad for this F30, i'd pass.
Tra08R is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 06:30 AM   #82
David328M-Sport
34
Brigadier General
 
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia

Posts: 3,454
iTrader: (0)

This might be getting on a bit, but here is a pdf of the ORIGINAL pricing, back a year now. Do note the higher cost of the base car price before a price drop - and now a partial price increase. Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW F30 pricing & options.pdf (3.85 MB, 184 views)
__________________
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect.
David328M-Sport is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #83
J1n
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
Are u kidding me??? this is not in the slight way a competitive deal at all Id say. I have no doubt u can get it $73,600 + or - $1,000. You guys need to bargain harder.. what do u think this is?? its post GFC days.

Btw ur first BMW? pls.. the quality is so bad for this F30, i'd pass.
It is one of the cheapest prices there for an Msport packed 328.

Considering the base price for the 328 alone now is ~ 70-73 k RRP.
M Sport Kit being ~6k HUD 2k or so.. ya i'd say it's a steal.. even after stacking that many options up and still have it at 73. its good. Most of us paid 80-88 k almost nearly loaded up.

And for me no.. not first BMW E90 , F10 and F30 now. My dad has gone through 4 mercs 3 beemers himself being a car enthusiast and I would say quality changes from time to time..and depending on your expectations. If i had to compare Mercs and Audis make a more comfortable ride with alot more internal luxury components which many favour more in comparison to a 50/50 weight distribution or engine performance. Maybe thats ur path.

Last edited by J1n; 12-11-2012 at 06:53 AM.
J1n is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #84
likeCarsThatDontRattle
0
Registered
 
likeCarsThatDontRattle's Avatar
 
Drives: Need one
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
This might be getting on a bit, but here is a pdf of the ORIGINAL pricing, back a year now. Do note the higher cost of the base car price before a price drop - and now a partial price increase. Hope it helps.
Very nice. Thanks mate...will troll through this doco tomorrow.
likeCarsThatDontRattle is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #85
likeCarsThatDontRattle
0
Registered
 
likeCarsThatDontRattle's Avatar
 
Drives: Need one
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
I think if you list your options here some of us maybe able to provide you with the sale value we negotiated
Ok - having had a look at the options at redbook and their respective costs:

1. 328i - $65,900
2. Moonstone (paint) - $2,769
3. Sunroof - $2,245
4. Bi-Xenons - $1,576
5. Luxury Line - $1,538
6. Nav Pro - $1,154
7. 18" Type 398 Wheels - $1,307
8. Music Interface for Smartphones - $169
9. Harmon/Kardon 16 Speakers set - $923
10. Sports seat - $1,100

Drive away, on the Redbook website - $82,288.00 (Vic)

Gonna go for 10%. So aiming for circa $74,000 drive away.
likeCarsThatDontRattle is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #86
Dabaitu
29
Colonel
 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

Posts: 2,962
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeCarsThatDontRattle View Post
Ok - having had a look at the options at redbook and their respective costs:

1. 328i - $65,900
2. Moonstone (paint) - $2,769
3. Sunroof - $2,245
4. Bi-Xenons - $1,576
5. Luxury Line - $1,538
6. Nav Pro - $1,154
7. 18" Type 398 Wheels - $1,307
8. Music Interface for Smartphones - $169
9. Harmon/Kardon 16 Speakers set - $923
10. Sports seat - $1,100

Drive away, on the Redbook website - $82,288.00 (Vic)

Gonna go for 10%. So aiming for circa $74,000 drive away.
Extended Display, CA and HUD are worth considering if you haven't already IMO. Good hunting mate.
Dabaitu is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #87
shakkas
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

^ Nav Pro comes with Extended display
shakkas is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #88
Dabaitu
29
Colonel
 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

Posts: 2,962
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakkas View Post
^ Nav Pro comes with Extended display
My bad. It's been a while since I ordered
Dabaitu is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST