F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Structuring a deal with accessories
MINHS Auto Care Center

10-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
plutnicki
Private
Rep

Drives: 2012 528 xDrive

Structuring a deal with accessories

I've been all over the map trying to plan my next lease when my 528 is up. Currently, I'm strongly leaning toward a custom build of a 435i xDrive Gran Coupe in Mineral Grey loaded up. (of course, last week I was thinking a 535 loaded up...) I've got a spreadsheet going with all the calculations for the deal I want to go for, but I've got a question for those that have done this.

I'm strongly considering some M-Performance Accessories for this car. MPPK, MPE and the M-Perf Carbon fiber interior bits. How do you guys typically do this when you structure your deals?

1. Build it into the MSRP? So I'm building my deal by adding up from invoice (i.e. $500 over invoice). So MSRP pricing on these accessories is easy to get, but what about invoice pricing? And would that bump the residual as well (i.e. would you calculate the residual from the non accessory MSRP or the accessorized MSRP?) Is that even a good idea, you end up financing the accessories?

2. Keep it separate? Can you still have it installed at the PCD (I have read that you don't get charged installation if you do that, true?). But then when I turn in the car, I didn't take advantage of any added value in the accessories in the residual, so I'm turning it a nicer car than I leased?

3. Am I crazy to even consider M-Perf stuff on a lease? Should I not bother?

Just curious what other people have done and how.

Thanks!

...Jim
Appreciate 0