F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Most comfortable coils? (xDrive)
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-17-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
kzflags
Private First Class
kzflags's Avatar
9
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: F30 335
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Most comfortable coils? (xDrive)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
being that the selection for coils is already pretty thin for xdrive vehicles, its been even more difficult to track down a proper set of coils with near OEM ride quality. from what ive garnered around the forums, the kw street comforts are as close as it comes..but the 1900 price tag on them puts them out of reach for me.

a lot of guys running bilstein b14 have commented on their stiffness too. i know the bc br series has adjustable damper control, so has anyone had success with those? honestly most of the stuff ive read on BC's has been awful...but im hoping someone out there has found success on a softer setting.

xph also offers isc n1 coils, never heard of them, nor can i find any information on anyone running them lol. safe to assume theyre too i guess?

regardless i need to get off my h&r springs asap. im tired of riding on my bump stops.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
ScubaSteve
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Calgary, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

does this mean that you may have a set of H&R springs for xdrive for sale?? I call dibs if you do
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
kzflags
Private First Class
kzflags's Avatar
9
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: F30 335
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
does this mean that you may have a set of H&R springs for xdrive for sale?? I call dibs if you do
indeed!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Polo08816
Lieutenant
49
Rep
557
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzflags View Post
being that the selection for coils is already pretty thin for xdrive vehicles, its been even more difficult to track down a proper set of coils with near OEM ride quality. from what ive garnered around the forums, the kw street comforts are as close as it comes..but the 1900 price tag on them puts them out of reach for me.

a lot of guys running bilstein b14 have commented on their stiffness too. i know the bc br series has adjustable damper control, so has anyone had success with those? honestly most of the stuff ive read on BC's has been awful...but im hoping someone out there has found success on a softer setting.

xph also offers isc n1 coils, never heard of them, nor can i find any information on anyone running them lol. safe to assume theyre too i guess?

regardless i need to get off my h&r springs asap. im tired of riding on my bump stops.
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Obviously the stock factory suspension is going to be the most "comfortable".
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
fusion0389
Private First Class
United_States
35
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lynchburg, VA

iTrader: (0)

Dinan makes springs for the xdrive
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
kzflags
Private First Class
kzflags's Avatar
9
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: F30 335
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Obviously the stock factory suspension is going to be the most "comfortable".
well if we use our inference skills from all of the coilovers I listed, we can conclude that I wanted to drop my car while maintaining ride quality. does my stock suspension give me that option?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #7
Polo08816
Lieutenant
49
Rep
557
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzflags View Post
well if we use our inference skills from all of the coilovers I listed, we can conclude that I wanted to drop my car while maintaining ride quality. does my stock suspension give me that option?
You mentioned three things that you were concerned with:

1. Reduce cost
2. Ride quality
3. Lower

You can't do all three at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:34 AM   #8
pbittner
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: '13 335i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

I have KW Street Comforts and am very happy with the ride quality compared to stock on my xdrive.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST