F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW 3-Series Touring (F31) Official Wallpapers, Info, Specs, Videos
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #199
Blake P
Kinda Like A Big Deal
 
Drives: F31 on order
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fresno, CA

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Well...the F31 (shipping today) DOES have the new navigation. This July tech change is something different.
Oh boy, I dunno then! Glad to hear we get the new Nav!
If this had to do with the M3 or F32 it would made the front page of bimmerpost already, but F31 gets no love...
Blake P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #200
latebloomer
Enlisted Member
 
latebloomer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 C63 Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: around

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Damn.. pricing my f31 wagon comes out to be 53-54k.. At first, I was like is this just for the wagon, then I price out similar f30 328xi sedan and it is like 52k. And then I price out the 335xi and it is 58k. It is not that much more for the 335xi.

Waiting for the diesel option and hoping it won't be near 60k! After looking at these cars, I feel like my c63 at 69k was a STEAL!!

A 60k diesel wagon is crazy! Unless it is the 5 series version... When vw jetta wagon tdi is like 27k.. Seems hard to justify double the price. I know I know, the 328 is a much better car.. but DOUBLE??
__________________
2012 obsidian black C63 Sedan
2000 Milano Civic Si
1984 Toyota Cressida
latebloomer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #201
AGF31
New Member
 
Drives: Future F31 w/ M-Sport package
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Evanston, IL

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

... Volvo just today announced for the 2013 NYIAS that they will be bringing the V60 to the US.

It'll be available in R trim as well as a factory backed tune (by POLESTAR) bring total HP to 329HP!

... bet you that wont cost 60K!
AGF31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #202
davem3fan
Lieutenant
 
davem3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

Posts: 571
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGF31 View Post
... Volvo just today announced for the 2013 NYIAS that they will be bringing the V60 to the US.

It'll be available in R trim as well as a factory backed tune (by POLESTAR) bring total HP to 329HP!

... bet you that wont cost 60K!
All recent Volvos have been very pretty...
I'd test drive one, for sure.
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
davem3fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #203
sfiermon
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NH

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Their interiors look like crap...especially the center stack
sfiermon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #204
AGF31
New Member
 
Drives: Future F31 w/ M-Sport package
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Evanston, IL

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Their interiors look like crap...especially the center stack
... yeah better go with bangle/blender-inspired interior in the 3-series.

for 2014 Volvos comes with a tft configurable screen. Thats also means upgradeable via s/w updates. - its pretty cool. It changes display, whether your in eco, normal or sport modes.

The only *really* stunning interiors are in the new Porsches and ofcourse Audis.
AGF31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #205
sfiermon
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NH

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Audi? Are you kidding...half the knobs are reused from VW. All the buttons "click"...can't stand that. Feels cheap.
sfiermon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #206
AGF31
New Member
 
Drives: Future F31 w/ M-Sport package
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Evanston, IL

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Audi? Are you kidding...half the knobs are reused from VW. All the buttons "click"...can't stand that. Feels cheap.
... i guess thats why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder
AGF31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #207
Digtlartst
Second Lieutenant
 
Digtlartst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90x 6MT Alpinweiss
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside The Beltway

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
The whole thing is wrong. No RWD, no manual. Stratospheric pricing. Average American BMW customers are rolling their eyes at me hard, but for us po-folk enthusiasts who can't afford an M3 AND a stupid SUV... damn this could have hit the spot.

I lose, peace out.
+1

Slushbox only, no manual, coarse 4-banger only, limited colors/interior packages, crazy-high pricing when you just add metallic, Premium and Cold. $55-large with no nav, no HID and no Sport. For a 3 touring?? Where is BMW going?

Can you imagine a wimpy, rattling 4-banger diesel with a slushbox in this wagon? What a disappointment.

Where can I buy a smooth 6L, 6MT sport wagon anymore? Are they gone forever?
Digtlartst is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #208
Salespunk
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SlowCal

Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

Cadillac
Salespunk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #209
canbmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 F31
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Where can I buy a smooth 6L, 6MT sport wagon anymore? Are they gone forever?
Europe. Obviously North Americans don't buy enough wagons for BMW and other makers to justify a number of engine and drivetrain options.
canbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #210
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Their interiors look like crap...especially the center stack
What's wrong with Volvo interiors? I quite like the one in my 850 and the S60. At least it doesn't have creaky plastic like what people have been saying in the F30. The new XC90's center stack (2009) is awesome...the design is simple and has all the necessities. But then all the options I need in a car is just a radio, AC, and heated seats (something I only recently discovered )

The F31 is pretty pricy, it starts at only $2k less than the 335i RWD, and it's M Sport package is $750 more. The cold weather package is $50 more than the 335i's. It needs the $900 xenons, so it's nearly the cost of a equivalent 335i...but it does appear to have a panoramic roof standard in the 360 interior view, which is something I want. The extra space in the rear might be pretty useful, and there is a rear window wiper...random things that make me want it more than a 335i, despite this thing being AWD and 10mm higher. I'm quite tempted to like this car, just wondering if the i-4 is powerful enough and waiting for a refresh with more power and a fix for all the problems popping up...
turbolag is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #211
sfiermon
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NH

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Their interiors look like crap...especially the center stack
What's wrong with Volvo interiors? I quite like the one in my 850 and the S60. At least it doesn't have creaky plastic like what people have been saying in the F30. The new XC90's center stack (2009) is awesome...the design is simple and has all the necessities. But then all the options I need in a car is just a radio, AC, and heated seats (something I only recently discovered )

The F31 is pretty pricy, it starts at only $2k less than the 335i RWD, and it's M Sport package is $750 more. The cold weather package is $50 more than the 335i's. It needs the $900 xenons, so it's nearly the cost of a equivalent 335i...but it does appear to have a panoramic roof standard in the 360 interior view, which is something I want. The extra space in the rear might be pretty useful, and there is a rear window wiper...random things that make me want it more than a 335i, despite this thing being AWD and 10mm higher. I'm quite tempted to like this car, just wondering if the i-4 is powerful enough and waiting for a refresh with more power and a fix for all the problems popping up...
0-60 in 6 sec
sfiermon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #212
Digtlartst
Second Lieutenant
 
Digtlartst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90x 6MT Alpinweiss
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside The Beltway

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbmw View Post
Europe. Obviously North Americans don't buy enough wagons for BMW and other makers to justify a number of engine and drivetrain options.
A "number" meaning no options at all.

No need for every BMW dealer to stock a dozen wagons -- or any at all (although I think they'd sell if they were stocked). I can understand stopping all 4-banger 6MT x-drives for 3ers. But I can still Build a sedan 335x sedan with 6MT, but not a 335x touring -- why, because the rear end has a hatch?
Digtlartst is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #213
Blake P
Kinda Like A Big Deal
 
Drives: F31 on order
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fresno, CA

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digtlartst View Post
A "number" meaning no options at all.

No need for every BMW dealer to stock a dozen wagons -- or any at all (although I think they'd sell if they were stocked). I can understand stopping all 4-banger 6MT x-drives for 3ers. But I can still Build a sedan 335x sedan with 6MT, but not a 335x touring -- why, because the rear end has a hatch?
No, because it costs a lot of money for BMWNA to federalize each separate engine/drivetrain/body option. Obviously, they don't think it would be profitable to federalize a 335 touring or they would do it.
Blake P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #214
AMB
Private First Class
 
AMB's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 M3 CS | '05 325XiT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MPLS

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

You know what's really amazing!?! Right now you can order an X1 with RWD! WTF, how does that happen!? Someone please explain that logic to me.

Wagon's are low volume vehicles in the states because BMW NA prices and neuters them out of contention.

__________________
-ANDY

'05 M3 CS | Silver Grey | M Cloth
OEM CSL Front - Rear - CF Roof | Dinan S2 Performance Pack | 19" RAC Monolite RG4s
AMB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #215
ronin16
Registered
 
Drives: 1991 M5 & 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Mexico

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

2014 F31 Windshield Sun Shade

Ordered my new 2014 BMW F31 328xi wagon in July. It is en route to the US.
Wondering if anyone out there knows where I can purchase a windshield sun shade for the vehicle?

Paul
ronin16 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2013, 03:51 AM   #216
drsachdent
I LIVE BIMMER
 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: India

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Hope we get to see this soon in India.
drsachdent is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #217
Miata13
Private
 
Drives: '08 Miata MX-5 Touring PRHT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Urbandale, IA

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin16 View Post
Ordered my new 2014 BMW F31 328xi wagon in July. It is en route to the US.
Wondering if anyone out there knows where I can purchase a windshield sun shade for the vehicle?

Paul
Hey Ronin....assume you've taken delivery..would love to see photos...the F31 is in our "gunsights" now to replace our current "station wagon".

Thanks!
Miata13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #218
davem3fan
Lieutenant
 
davem3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

Posts: 571
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Our US Spec 328i X Drive M Sport

My wife and I are enjoying her new car very much...

F31 Observations:

The Touring has really clever rear cargo management.
I like how they divided the functions of the cargo net from the luggage privacy cover.

Even with the AWD, the Turbo 4 Cylinder is very quick.
In sport mode, the car is very entertaining.

In ECO PRO, it is very mellow. There are times when that driving style makes a great deal of sense.

This 8 Speed Automatic is so clever that I can see it endangering the manual transmission once and for all. I love a manual, but wow... is this impressive.

The 400m Wheel is exceptionally easy to clean.

The current BMW OEM brake pads may not bite as hard, but the dust is less caustic and likely to stain. Perhaps this is a fair trade-off?

Personally, I will not be able to live without the heads-up display in future vehicles. This new color HUD works great with iDrive radio presets, phone book and all such lists.

Opinion:
I'm convinced Wagons are awesome, not to mention better looking than their Sedan Counterparts.

I still wish you could get RWD, a manual trans, and the 335 drivetrain, but this car remains a very good offering.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
davem3fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #219
ss0803
Captain
 
ss0803's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F31 320d
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden

Posts: 998
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem3fan View Post
I still wish you could get RWD, a manual trans, and the 335 drivetrain, but this car remains a very good offering.
You can, at least in Europe!
: )
ss0803 is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #220
rjpeaks
Lieutenant
 
rjpeaks's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport 6pd
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Huntington Beach

Posts: 416
iTrader: (0)

yes, but then you could get an S4 avant with stick, and an RS4 avant, or S6/RS6 avant.
__________________
335I M-Sport 6spd EBII MPPK MPE DHP HK PDC ZTP ZPS ZPP ZDA ZPK 802.11ac ABC123
rjpeaks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series f31, 3 series f31 m sport, 3 series wagon, bmw 3 series touring, bmw 3 series wagon, bmw f30, bmw f30 forum, bmw f30 forums, bmw f31, bmw f31 3-series, bmw f31 forum, bmw f31 station wagon, bmw f31 touring, bmw f31 wagon, f31 3 series, f31 3 series m sport, f31 forums, f31 m sport, m sport 3 series f31, m sport f31, m sport f31 3 series

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST