F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New iDrive Navigation Professional system for F30, ActiveHybrid 3, 5 Series, 7 series
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #221
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
 
arnsbrae's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 520d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 508
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
I just received word back from Canada head office. MY 2013 F30's (aside from Hybrid) will 100% NOT be getting the new iDrive (at least in the August production month).
Another kick ass marketing decision by BMW. I don't mind waiting for improvements if they are genuinely in development but it frustrates the hell out of me when it is just the marketing department phasing things in at their pace, seemingly arbitrarily.

My current order will miss out on the updated iDrive sat nav system because of this. Also, they have introduced the xdrive into the UK on a model very few people buy - the 320i. Again, the 320xd is developed - they were showing it in Zurich - but I can't have one. This is far and away the most popular engine for UK F30s.

With over a month to go before my F30 is due to be built, I find myself flirting with the Audi and Mercedes configurators (well, I will when Mercedes has finished upgrading theirs...) I may well cut off my nose to spite my face but I'm sick of being manipulated. If the damn technology is developed and available, just sell it to me!
__________________
August 2012 F10 520d SE sport automatic, Jet Black, Oyster\Black Leather, light ash wood trim, Professional media/ navigation, mobile apps, Internet, DAB radio.
arnsbrae is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #222
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
 
arnsbrae's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 520d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 508
iTrader: (0)

Well, the answer was staring me in the face. I need to get another 5 series.

If I change my colour from MW to Jet Black, and lose the folding rear seats (which I only ticked because the F30 is smaller) I can spec up a very similar F10 for similar money.

Only downside is that the 520d SE has full leather and I have a slight preference for cloth\ leather. Unlike the F30 modern line, I get to choose the interior colour though. I fancy oyster\ black with anthracite wood trim.
It is slightly slower and has an extra 1% BIK but I can live with that. The F30 looks nicer too.

And I get the new updated navigation system - something that is important to me.
__________________
August 2012 F10 520d SE sport automatic, Jet Black, Oyster\Black Leather, light ash wood trim, Professional media/ navigation, mobile apps, Internet, DAB radio.

Last edited by arnsbrae; 07-01-2012 at 01:55 PM.
arnsbrae is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #223
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,138
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae
Well, the answer was staring me in the face. I need to get another 5 series.

If I change my colour from MW to Jet Black, and lose the folding rear seats (which I only ticked because the F30 is smaller) I can spec up a very similar F10 for similar money.

Only downside is that the 520d SE has full leather and I have a slight preference for cloth\ leather. Unlike the F30 modern line, I get to choose the interior colour though. I fancy oyster\ black with light wood trim.
It is slightly slower and has an extra 1% BIK but I can live with that. The F30 looks nicer too.

And I get the new updated navigation system - something that is important to me.
So you changed your order to an F10 and cancelled the F30?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #224
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
 
arnsbrae's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 520d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 508
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Another kick ass marketing decision by BMW. I don't mind waiting for improvements if they are genuinely in development but it frustrates the hell out of me when it is just the marketing department phasing things in at their pace, seemingly arbitrarily.

My current order will miss out on the updated iDrive sat nav system because of this. Also, they have introduced the xdrive into the UK on a model very few people buy - the 320i. Again, the 320xd is developed - they were showing it in Zurich - but I can't have one. This is far and away the most popular engine for UK F30s.

With over a month to go before my F30 is due to be built, I find myself flirting with the Audi and Mercedes configurators (well, I will when Mercedes has finished upgrading theirs...) I may well cut off my nose to spite my face but I'm sick of being manipulated. If the damn technology is developed and available, just sell it to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
So you changed your order to an F10 and cancelled the F30?
I'm going to sleep on it, but yes, I think I will. The F30 was due to be built Week 1 in August, so I have time.
In the UK, the F10 is a bit of a bargain - a 520d SE auto is close in price to a 320d Modern auto, with the spec being very similar. By dropping the metallic paint and through loading options I had ticked on the F30, it starts to become attractive. And I will get the updated 609 now, which is important to me.

My preference would be to have a 320d xdrive with the updated 609 option but my lease means I have to change in August (it's a company car).

Sorry for the long answer to a simple question!
__________________
August 2012 F10 520d SE sport automatic, Jet Black, Oyster\Black Leather, light ash wood trim, Professional media/ navigation, mobile apps, Internet, DAB radio.
arnsbrae is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #225
Jason
Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 16,505
iTrader: (0)

UPDATE: Per this thread, the new Navigational Professional system will be on all F30 models beginning with November production
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Jason is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #226
boltjames
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
UPDATE: Per this thread, the new Navigational Professional system will be on all F30 models beginning with November production
Jason:

Besides the touchwheel on the physical iDrive controller, the rest of the upgrades are all software related.

Any hint as to whether those of us with the non-touch F30 iDrive will still get the software enhancements like faster response, realtime weather, etc?

BJ
boltjames is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #227
shoptb
Captain
 
shoptb's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 328i MSport EBII 8A
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus OH

Posts: 696
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
UPDATE: Per this thread, the new Navigational Professional system will be on all F30 models beginning with November production
Jason:

Besides the touchwheel on the physical iDrive controller, the rest of the upgrades are all software related.

Any hint as to whether those of us with the non-touch F30 iDrive will still get the software enhancements like faster response, realtime weather, etc?

BJ
It's not just software; there is a faster processor and other hardware improvements
__________________
'13 F30 328i, 8SA, EBII, ZMM, ZPP, ZTP, ZLP, ZDA, ZCW, ZDH
shoptb is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #228
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,648
iTrader: (0)

Am I going crazy or did Jason delete the post (including mine) saying this and then posted the same info himself?!
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #229
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
 
AWF30MSPORT's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Am I going crazy or did Jason delete the post (including mine) saying this and then posted the same info himself?!
No, you're not going crazy...I've also had posts deleted and reposted by Jason or consolidated into another post...even had one where my post was actually changed with a few new sentences that I never wrote...a little weird.
AWF30MSPORT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #230
ducatiboy72
Private First Class
 
Drives: F31 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway

Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi
Am I going crazy or did Jason delete the post (including mine) saying this and then posted the same info himself?!
No, I saw your post last night. He deleted my post as well.
ducatiboy72 is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #231
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,648
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
No, you're not going crazy...I've also had posts deleted and reposted by Jason or consolidated into another post...even had one where my post was actually changed with a few new sentences that I never wrote...a little weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiboy72 View Post
No, I saw your post last night. He deleted my post as well.
Great! Then I can enjoy my vacation without being afraid of going insane and instead just wonder why we are being censored!
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #232
Blue_Sky
Enlisted Member
 
Blue_Sky's Avatar
 
Drives: --
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

This is not cool, BMW!!!
Blue_Sky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #233
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
Jason:

Besides the touchwheel on the physical iDrive controller, the rest of the upgrades are all software related.

Any hint as to whether those of us with the non-touch F30 iDrive will still get the software enhancements like faster response, realtime weather, etc?

BJ
Touchwheel will not be part of the new iDrive yet.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #234
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,138
iTrader: (0)

^^^ +1

The only real new thing would be the upgrade in software but not in the physical hardware that you see in the car...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #235
gerbs
woof
 
gerbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to gerbs
It would be nice if this ends up just being a simple Combox swap out; meaning only a couple of part #s to swap (or even just one!) It looks like the screen is the same resolution and the controls are the same. Would convince me to keep my F30 order in tact.

If anyone has done a similar conversion before or anything of that nature, maybe they could chime in?? I would feel 10000000x better about my F30 order if I knew that it'll be a simple swap in the future.
__________________

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
gerbs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #236
bringonthenite
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i XDrive M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
^^^ +1

The only real new thing would be the upgrade in software but not in the physical hardware that you see in the car...
And hardware you don't see.
bringonthenite is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #237
martinf79
Captain
 
martinf79's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Why did Jason close the other thread on all of the new releases???? I don't get this... one of the biggest new updates... and he shuts down the thread???? What gives??
__________________

2013 335i ///M-Sport | MPPK ON ORDER | AW | BD Leather | 19” M3 ZCP Wheels | M-Sport Brakes | Adaptive M-Suspension | Variable Sport Steering | Premium Package | Enhanced Bluetooth | Sirius | BMW Apps | Heads Up Display | Speed Limit Info | M Performance Grill | Front/Rear Painted Reflectors | Coded
martinf79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #238
mapexvenus
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon, USA

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

I wonder if 2012 models can be upgraded to the new version of this software.
mapexvenus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #239
matt_335Ci
Colonel
 
matt_335Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona - West Valley

Posts: 2,284
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 335i sedan  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to matt_335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
I wonder if 2012 models can be upgraded to the new version of this software.
anything can be done, but with new hardware and software it would probably be cheaper to trade up for a 2013. good luck.
__________________
'12 335i Glacier Silver w/everest grey leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/ZTP/ZPS/Sport8spd/PDC/hot seats/20% ceramic tints

*RETIRED* 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
matt_335Ci is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #240
sander320
Registered
 
sander320's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i F30
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Hi. Just registered to say I got my 320i F30 yesterday. I cannot see any difference in the iDrive of my car compared to what's shown in this post thread.

I can see all this Office stuff with calendar and sms integration, the same menus, facebook integration, weather, internet, news RSS Feeds, split screens, and zoom function, also 3 different map views, perspective, and 2x 2D, etc..

How can I see if I have the new or the old one?

Last edited by sander320; 08-27-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added information
sander320 is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #241
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,251
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander320 View Post
Hi. Just registered to say I got my 320i F30 yesterday. I cannot see any difference in the iDrive of my car compared to what's shown in this post thread.

I can see all this Office stuff with calendar and sms integration, the same menus, facebook integration, weather, internet, news RSS Feeds, split screens, and zoom function, also 3 different map views, perspective, and 2x 2D, etc..

How can I see if I have the new or the old one?
I just checked the Options on a brand new 535i built 2012-07-11, and it has the Next Generation Navigation, however, it is still listed as having S609A Navigation system Professional, so apparently there is not a new Option Code for it.

The only way I know is to check which module is installed with E-Sys. The new ECU should be HU_NBT instead of HU_CIC.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #242
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,648
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander320 View Post
Hi. Just registered to say I got my 320i F30 yesterday. I cannot see any difference in the iDrive of my car compared to what's shown in this post thread.

I can see all this Office stuff with calendar and sms integration, the same menus, facebook integration, weather, internet, news RSS Feeds, split screens, and zoom function, also 3 different map views, perspective, and 2x 2D, etc..

How can I see if I have the new or the old one?
My car isn't here yet, but as I understand it the new navigation has a different color scheme and it shows the previous menu at an angle.

New:


Old:


But as I said, I don't have a F30 yet so this is just from what I've read.
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012 bmw idrive, 2012 bmw navigation, bmw 609 navgation, bmw idrive 2012, bmw navigation 2012, bmw navigation 609, bmw navigation professional, bmw navigation professional system, new bmw idrive, new bmw idrive navigation, new bmw nav, new bmw navigation, new bmw navigation 609, new bmw navigation professional, new f30 idrive, new f30 navigation

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST